Barrington Morris - no longer committed

It's hard to read too much into these, but the one that stuck out to me what "Gotta finish NCAA stuff. MN waiting for success."

Possibly a non-qualifier?

"Coach Bill Miller is at my school."

Hopefully this kid ends up being a gopher. His tweets alone get me excited for him to be here. He has a pretty good offer list as well.

Another tweet from Morris today:

"Recruitment just officially reopened!"
I wouldn't be too concerned. He is referring to today being the first day NBA teams can "recruit" players.

At least, that would be my guess.

Sounds like Miller rocked his boat a little. Someone over at Scout tweeted him and he responded that he is still solid.

It's hard to read too much into these, but the one that stuck out to me what "Gotta finish NCAA stuff. MN waiting for success."

Possibly a non-qualifier?
After looking through his twitter, the tweet just before that said something about getting a score qualifying him at Minnesota, so he probably had to submit the score and some form to the clearing house.

he is rocking a Gopher cap in his photo. I'm assuming the thinking may be he was told by the coaches about their academic expectations and that he is preparing himself to be a student and athlete.

he is rocking a Gopher cap in his photo. I'm assuming the thinking may be he was told by the coaches about their academic expectations and that he is preparing himself to be a student and athlete.
Possibly major as well?

"
@Bmo_90
Barrington Morris Jr
My mind already set for #MN but I be in the moods. Gotta drop that *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. #TimeWaits4NoMan
1 hour ago via Twitter for Android"

All this stuff is so cryptic! I know we shouldn't be relying on twitter for updates but its hard not to get excited/confused with all these tweets from recruits!

I'm by no means an expert, but I really like Barrington Morris and I hope he still comes to the U.

I am a little confused about where people expect him to play at the next level. He looks like he has the size to play DE (for sure) and possibly even get big enough to play DT. Or are they looking at him as a MLB?

"I'm #committed to a couple of things! Including #MN n @Janieceex3. Just a couple of things. #Ijs"

"Out of all the schools #Minnesota show me the most love."

"I'm eligible for my freshmen year of football. #Ncaa"
""@brockvereen21 Can't wait to help lead the gophers to a #BigTen championship"

Cross BM off your commit list. Apparently he's no longer wanted. On the open market.

Cross BM off your commit list. Apparently he's no longer wanted. On the open market.

Looks like you are right...wonder what happened? Hope this does not mess up with the other Miami players!

Looks like you are right...wonder what happened? Hope this does not mess up with the other Miami players!

Dinero Moss is on his team, but the Miami 4 are from a different school (I don't know if that is what you are referencing). Moss is one of my favorite recruits and hopefully we don't lose him.

I liked Barrington Morris, he seemed super pumped about coming to the Gophers as late as yesterday. He also has made some comments about needing to get his grades up and that sort of thing, so I don't know. I hope this is just a rumor.

I don't know the situation with Barrington Morris but in the past we've had NCAA qualifiers not get admitted. Even if a student is admitted it take a combination of intelligence and work to graduate. A kid with a lower test score but good study habits and work ethic can graduate. As can a more intelligent kid with poorer work habits. I suspect something in the package was missing.

Dinero Moss is on his team, but the Miami 4 are from a different school (I don't know if that is what you are referencing). Moss is one of my favorite recruits and hopefully we don't lose him.

I liked Barrington Morris, he seemed super pumped about coming to the Gophers as late as yesterday. He also has made some comments about needing to get his grades up and that sort of thing, so I don't know. I hope this is just a rumor.

No longer listed as having a Gopher offer on rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Barrington-Morris-127943

Scout still lists him as commited.

Don't know the whole story (I don't think anyone but Miller and Morris do), but I think this is an example of why Kill urged caution/expressed disbelief when asked about recruiting at one of his last in-season press conferences.

Someone should change the title of this thread.

Since 11-11-11, we have three kids that rivals listed as committed no longer listed as committed. (Morris, Hills and Twitty). I don't know if this is good or bad, but I do know this staff has a master plan and everything seems to be going in the right direction. This could be a great recruiting class, but I will wait on that for about 2-3 years before I start getting too excited. I know where I will be the night of signing day. The recruiting get together should be very interesting.

The kid is a walking "soap opera" if you read some of his tweets. I do think grades play a part here, but it also didn't help that he is such a drama queen.

The kid is a walking "soap opera" if you read some of his tweets. I do think grades play a part here, but it also didn't help that he is such a drama queen.

Agree. He's not in the same ballpark as Robert McField (google everyone) by any stretch, but my guess is Kill and company are probably worse than the Hall Monitor from Hell when it comes to watching these kids behavior academically and otherwise. The constant tweeting probably didn't help Morris any.

For those keeping score, I do not (and never will) follow any of these kids on Twitter.

Pretty much sounds like Miller told him the Gophers have moved on to other players

I don't think it was this kid's twitter spats and spews that turned it, Social media can be a pain, flat out sounds like his transcripts and everything were reviewed by U of M admissions and he was not going to be admitted to Minnesota so rather than hang on to this commitment, he was told by the coaching staff to pursue his other options. Pretty simple, he was not going to get in school here.

Academics before athletics is a B1G tradition and I don't mind it...best of luck Mr. Morris, I hope this will be a lesson into the value of work off the field to ensure you get to participate on the field during your college career!

I don't believe this. BisonGopher informed all of us that Minnesota would never turn away any athlete who passed the NCAA Clearinghouse. He proved himself very knowledgeable and his word infallible, so there is no way this is true.

I work with a guy whose son went to camp at Nebraska last summer. Pelini basically told all the campers that your grades and academics all need to be in line by the end of your Junior year. It is hard to catch up during your senior year and colleges can only wait so long.

Top Bottom