Barreiro this morning on KFAN

Mvgopher

Reaction score
Did anyone else listen to the Sunday Sermon? What I thought I heard was that former assistant to Tubby Smith, Esposito had tweeted #Minnesota Missing. Referencing Brewster at FSU. Unsure of the connection betwwen the two. Barreiro lit them up like a Christmas tree. Start of of the show was complimentary of the Gophs performance. Didn't hear much after that...

Here it is. I'd love to hear what we're missing out on!

@Coach_JEsposito: @TimBrewster good luck tonight. You are doing great things! #Minnesotamissingout Get your chili hot!

If you go through Esposito's twitter photos it's basically a collection of pictures explaining why Lubbock is the best place on Earth, how there is no snow there, and that Minnesota is dumb for letting any coach every leave.

My favorite is the picture of Lubbock's landscape, which he describes as beautiful, when really it's a barren wasteland, IMO.

If you go through Esposito's twitter photos it's basically a collection of pictures explaining why Lubbock is the best place on Earth, how there is no snow there, and that Minnesota is dumb for letting any coach every leave.

My favorite is the picture of Lubbock's landscape, which he describes as beautiful, when really it's a barren wasteland, IMO.

We need Aggie guy to enter this conversation.

He's a dick, but he gets that Kill is the real deal.

Wasn't this the coach that has been in twitter wars before? Not something you want to see out of a coach.

We need Aggie guy to enter this conversation.

Aggie guy is dealing with the fact that this faux military academy is at best, the the third best team is Texas. Give him some space.

Esposito is very bitter. He even felt the need to boast when the Mets beat the twins during the first month of the MLB season. He needed to tell everyone how bad the twins are, in case anyone didnt know.

Trash talking from Lubbock is like trash talking from Fargo.

Esposito is very bitter. He even felt the need to boast when the Mets beat the twins during the first month of the MLB season. He needed to tell everyone how bad the twins are, in case anyone didnt know.

If you had to move from Minneapolis to Lubbock, you'd be bitter too.

Oh no. Fargo is a much nicer place than Lubbock. Much nicer. It's colder, but you have less chance of your trailer getting wiped out by a tornado.

I still have Esposito on my twitter.
If u r upset about anything he posts on twitter, you must be looking for reasons to be upset.
All he posts are updates on his kids baseball team and how hard they are working in Lubbock.
So he wished Brewster, a former colleague and I assume friend, good luck in a big game. Big fricking deal.

Here it is. I'd love to hear what we're missing out on!

@Coach_JEsposito: @TimBrewster good luck tonight. You are doing great things! #Minnesotamissingout Get your chili hot!

It should also be noted that he got ripped so much (do an overall search on Twitter of his handle to see replies) that he took this down.

Not even close, Fargo is cold, but is MUCH nicer than Lubbock! Maybe use Gary, Indiana instead?

Not even close, Fargo is cold, but is MUCH nicer than Lubbock! Maybe use Gary, Indiana instead?

I've never been to Lubbock, but I have been to Amarillo. Every time I think of the panhandle and thereabouts, I think of this scene from David Byrne's film "True Stories":

I've never been to Lubbock, but I have been to Amarillo. Every time I think of the panhandle and thereabouts, I think of this scene from David Byrne's film "True Stories":

You should definitely watch "Bernie". It's streaming on NetFlix. I thought it was a fantastic movie.

There's no snow there but it will rain mud from time to time.

In fairness, I do kind of miss when we thought Brewster was good his second year, I was really excited when I got my "Keep your chili hot" shirt after he made that quote. Now I use that shirt when I go running. If Esposito is implying that we are missing out on an appropriate level of excitement for chili themed t-shirts, or missing out on the Rose Bowl grass in the head coach's office, I guess he is on to something.

Thanks for the True Stories and Bernie movie references. Two great movies.

Oh no. Fargo is a much nicer place than Lubbock. Much nicer. It's colder, but you have less chance of your trailer getting wiped out by a tornado.

Well that's just because all the trailers in Fargo have already been wiped out by floods.

As a general matter I believe that it is inappropriate to cast aspersions on other schools and communities, but when the reputations of our school and our community are at issue, I feel compelled to do so. I've spend some time in Lubbock. Suggesting that Lubbock is in any way more attractive or desirable than Minneapolis couldn't be further from the truth. I strongly believe that Minneapolis, and the Twin Cities in general, is one of the most desirable, prosperous and attractive urban areas in the country. Lubbock, however, is almost the exact opposite. It is located in West Texas on a very flat, treeless plain. At the time I was there, the downtown business area appeared to be struggling. There were many empty store fronts. I though it was one of the most unattractive cities I have ever seen.

Well that's just because all the trailers in Fargo have already been wiped out by floods.

Say what you want Stoa, but it ain't anything like that. One can buy a nice home up in Fargo/Moorhead for $250 grand that would cost a half million in glorious Twin Cities area. Not only that, Fargo/Moorhead receives less average snowfall than the Twin Cities. Plus, the Fargo Dome has never had its roof collapse.

Say what you want Stoa, but it ain't anything like that. One can buy a nice home up in Fargo/Moorhead for $250 grand that would cost a half million in glorious Twin Cities area. Not only that, Fargo/Moorhead receives less average snowfall than the Twin Cities. Plus, the Fargo Dome has never had its roof collapse.

Uhm...Doc?

Has anyone ever tell that Fargo also happens to be in Fargo?

Advantage - Twin Cities

Whew... so they have never had to reschedule a pro-sports or major college sporting event?

Fargo is and never will be anything relatively close to the Twin Cities in anything. That being said. I really do like Fargo. Great economy, great schools, plenty to do (obviously not as much as in the cities by a long shot). The winters are a bit colder than down here, but the summers you are only 40 minute drive from the 412 Lakes Area. And it is 4 hours from the oil fields that some people are starting to associate with Fargo. So that doesnt factor in at all, except the fact it is bringing in a lot of money. I live in the cities and would never want to leave. But I travel to Fargo about 10 times a year and love it every time. So please, do not compare it to Lubbuck. And do not hate on Fargo just because of a bunch of bandwagon, delusiona and annoying Bison fans.

Does Fargo now have a hospital that would reattach limbs if something were to happen to me? Too soon?

No clue what you are talking about. But yes, they would. They have a few really good hospitals and are building a really nice new one in South Fargo right now.

Top Bottom