Band Travel?

They had to fundraise to get to a Nebraska game some years back. I wish there was a way to get funding from athletics to the music school to pay for that sort of thing, because they should be at the UCLA game given what it means to us fans.

They had to fundraise to get to a Nebraska game some years back. I wish there was a way to get funding from athletics to the music school to pay for that sort of thing, because they should be at the UCLA game given what it means to us fans.
This will be seen negatively, but it's an honest question. Does playing against UCLA in a regular season game really mean that much to other fans? It's not a real Rose Bowl game so I don't understand why it would mean more. What am I missing?

This will be seen negatively, but it's an honest question. Does playing against UCLA in a regular season game really mean that much to other fans? It's not a real Rose Bowl game so I don't understand why it would mean more. What am I missing?
It’s a consolation prize for those of us that have waited decades for the Gophers to play in the Rose Bowl again. It’s not the same as the New Year’s Day bowl game, but we’re making the best of it.

It’s a consolation prize for those of us that have waited decades for the Gophers to play in the Rose Bowl again. It’s not the same as the New Year’s Day bowl game, but we’re making the best of it.
Everybody gets a trophy...just sign up. You don't even have to go, watch or play...everybody gets a trophy. YAY! Go Gophers!

And ya, it is absurd to me the athletic department ignores the marching band.

With college sports turning into pro sports, will there be a day we get rid of the marching band altogether?

Top Bottom