Badger Fan looking for tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill give you mine for your soul... oh wait, bucky fans have no souls.

you are the devil.

When Iowa & Sconnie suck, alot of fans still seem to travel, to which I'm always torn as to whether I admire their loyalty, or laugh at their stupidity.
M&G BUSt-I'll answer your "all-encompassing-of-every-gopher-fan-I've-ever-met question: Supporting your team even when it isn't doing well isn't something stupid that should be laughed it. It's called being a FAN.

Now I realize you fair weather band-wagoners 'up there' haven't had any of those for a long time, but if you're all at least going to pretend to be such hardcore supporters of your team, like you happen to be doing now, you should probably do a little research as to what that's going to entail. Let me give you a prime example- we here in Wisconsin, as noted by you, have such good fans because when we happen to lose, we don't conceit all of our pride and say, "Yeah yeah the Badgers suck...no one cares about them in this city anyways" and go hide under a rock as Gopher fans have famously done for years and years. Instead, we shrug it off and simply celebrate coming together symbolized by the 5th Quarter immediately after every game. We always go out and have fun in the town where the game was win or lose, and then we organize for the next game.

It's a CULTURE that we built on guess what? LOSING! We were terrible for years and years-probably worse than you, but still we managed to boast some of the highest attendance in the Big Ten as well as some of the greatest traveling fans in the country. Until MN fans start to realize what being a true fan is, they will continue to be confused by this concept and questions like this these will continue to plague your support base.

LOSING! We were terrible for years and years-probably worse than you, but still we managed to boast some of the highest attendance in the Big Ten as well as some of the greatest traveling fans in the country.

False.

An excerpt from "Tales from the Wisconsin Badgers" By Justin Doherty, Barry Alvarez
"...after the 1985 season, Wisconsin proceeded to go 9-36 (.200) overall and just 5-27 in Big Ten games over the next four years. The attendance average at Camp Randall Stadium plummeted from 71,613 in 1985 to just 41,734 in 1989." (P. 75)

As a point of reference the Gophers, coming off a 1-11 season and 0-8 in the Big Ten, averaged 48,962 attendance in a lifeless stadium.

Bottom line is if your team is a winner you will sell out your house, but if your team isn't good the fans won't show in as high of numbers. Even Michigan didn't sell out in the late 60s when they had down years averaging 74,504 (out of over 100,000 capacity) in 1967. If the Gophers went to the Rose Bowl or a couple NYD bowls, people would be clamoring to expand the new stadium.

Anyone who thinks we won't see at least 8,000-10.000 Wisky fans at TCF is out of touch. And maybe more if we stink it up against Syracuse, Air Force, Cal and NU.

re:

Anyone who thinks we won't see at least 8,000-10.000 Wisky fans at TCF is out of touch. And maybe more if we stink it up against Syracuse, Air Force, Cal and NU.
Right, my friend. The forgotten varible in all of this, is that not all season tickets are held by Gopher fans, so if I sell mine, it won't just be 3002 Badger fans: their 3000 ticket allotment + my brother's 2 seats...ummmm, I already sold mine so I guess its 3006. Anyway, ticket brokers hold season tickets, companies hold season tickets, heirs hold season tickets and yes Hawkeye and Badger fans are season ticket holders. None of those entities care who buys or uses their tickets. Even Gopher fans faced with a sudden schedule conflict will sell their tickets to whoever will buy them, so get real and make some money off bucky!

A) I don't see anything wrong with selling ones tickets for $400 - that's called free enterprise. It makes it so you'd get 6 other games for $150 or $12.50 per seat/game. Pretty sweet deal.

B) You're crazy if you think 7 badger fans will be there. Obviously, they will get 3k to start. From there I would expect another 5k will get in through corpie seats or brokers. It's going to be an attractive game so the incentive to sell will be high. With the economy the way it is I could see plenty of people deciding it's a good way to finance the rest of their season purchase.

A) I don't see anything wrong with selling ones tickets for $400 - that's called free enterprise. It makes it so you'd get 6 other games for $150 or $12.50 per seat/game. Pretty sweet deal.

Selling nuclear secrets to Iran is free trade too, but a free market traitor is still a traitor.

re:

Selling nuclear secrets to Iran is free trade too, but a free market traitor is still a traitor.

Could you have possibly derived a stupidier analogy? College CFB tickets are a legally sold/transferable product, "nuclear secrets," are not. Try again drama queen.

there will be plenty of Badger fans at the 2009 Goph Badger game.
Who can blame them for coming here???? The TCs are awesome and MN has the best looking women per capita than any other U.S. state. I moved here from Madison and I am amazed by the knockouts!

now we know why you are so 'nervous' all the time... youre a double crossing traitor... enemies on both sides would make me nervous too.

The only way i can justify giving gopher tickets to a badger fan is if he gave me comparable tickets to the following year's gopher game in madison. Now that is a fair trade.

If you're going to sell your tickets, why dont you just sell them to gopher fans? Or you could donate them to underprivileged twin cities kids or something? Don't try to convince us that youre not a sellout.

Ok I was obviously kidding when i said 7 fans. If you think i was being serious then i feel really sorry for you. BETTER DEAD THAN RED!

Could you have possibly derived a stupidier analogy? College CFB tickets are a legally sold/transferable product, "nuclear secrets," are not. Try again drama queen.

It's called "exaggeration for effect" or hyperbole, any idiot knows they aren't the same thing. :clap:

Here's a link to help: Hyperbole
And another: Traitor

I think you're getting tripped up by focusing on the words "free market" when the important word is "traitor". :rolleyes:

I’m sure you won’t be the only Gopher fan who does this. For some it’ll be about making as much money as possible. For others, it may be a legitimate move to pay for tickets that would otherwise been unaffordable this year. I think its pretty lame regardless. But you crossed into troll territory the moment you started posting that you wanted to sell your tickets. You could have handled this with a PM to the Badger troll, but you wanted to get everyone all PO’d. Congrats. I hope the Becky fans you sold your seats to are drunken a**holes who get booted from TCF and cost you the privilege of having seats. And don’t blah blah about how long you’ve been a fan and all that. You chose to sell your seats and then rub it the faces of everyone on the board. You. Are. A. Tool. Period.

And now to channel a little Handsome Pete: Hope this helps.

There will easily be between 10-12,000 Badger fans for the game. As you can see, it's already easy-as it's always been- to get gopher tickets and there will be PLENTY of gopher students/scalpers who will gladly sell their tickets to WI fans and especially our students- especially since they might go for over $100 for the first time in a while. Another factor you are leaving out is that our marching band is very likely coming for the game and Badger fans love to pick their Big Ten road trip that they travel to so that it coincides with the band's annual Big Ten road trip. On top of that, for every game you lose leading up to the Badger game, we'll get an extra 1-2,000 from your fair-weather drop offs and the price will go down at least $10 each time. Like it or not, there will be a large contingent of Wisconsin fans as there are every time we play in the Twin Cities, and your 'sea of yellow' aspirations will have to wait for michigan or iowa to help you out.

going to be a little harder to get student tickets this year jack ass, you can only get 1 per student. And there is a good chance you will need a university of MINNESOTA student i.d to match the ticket, and the few snakes that manage to get in are going to be shelled with ice and other projectiles. Get off this board, we dont go to your site and make retarded comments...go screw your cousin and or cow.. or maybe they are the same thing, it is hard to tell with wisconsin girls

There will easily be between 10-12,000 Badger fans for the game. As you can see, it's already easy-as it's always been- to get gopher tickets and there will be PLENTY of gopher students/scalpers who will gladly sell their tickets to WI fans and especially our students- especially since they might go for over $100 for the first time in a while. Another factor you are leaving out is that our marching band is very likely coming for the game and Badger fans love to pick their Big Ten road trip that they travel to so that it coincides with the band's annual Big Ten road trip. On top of that, for every game you lose leading up to the Badger game, we'll get an extra 1-2,000 from your fair-weather drop offs and the price will go down at least $10 each time. Like it or not, there will be a large contingent of Wisconsin fans as there are every time we play in the Twin Cities, and your 'sea of yellow' aspirations will have to wait for michigan or iowa to help you out.

What?

This reminds me...Now would be a good time to e-mail/call Maturi and remind him that since Becky never lets our band come to Madison (or offers us the option if we buy tickets for every band member) he should be doing the same. All's fair in a border war.

I think you're getting tripped up by focusing on the words "free market" when the important word is "traitor". :rolleyes:

I’m sure you won’t be the only Gopher fan who does this. For some it’ll be about making as much money as possible. For others, it may be a legitimate move to pay for tickets that would otherwise been unaffordable this year. I think its pretty lame regardless. But you crossed into troll territory the moment you started posting that you wanted to sell your tickets. You could have handled this with a PM to the Badger troll, but you wanted to get everyone all PO’d. Congrats. I hope the Becky fans you sold your seats to are drunken a**holes who get booted from TCF and cost you the privilege of having seats. And don’t blah blah about how long you’ve been a fan and all that. You chose to sell your seats and then rub it the faces of everyone on the board. You. Are. A. Tool. Period.

And now to channel a little Handsome Pete: Hope this helps.

Post of the year, IMHO. Well done!

Another factor you are leaving out is that our marching band is very likely coming for the game and Badger fans love to pick their Big Ten road trip that they travel to so that it coincides with the band's annual Big Ten road trip.

Another factor you are leaving out is the probability of your marching band to go all 'Deliverance' on each other in rehearsals and bus trips, resulting in more suspensions.

Better keep those drunken uglies in the band in line before they ruin your precious road trip.

As you can see, it's already easy-as it's always been- to get gopher tickets and there will be PLENTY of gopher students/scalpers who will gladly sell their tickets to WI fans and especially our students- especially since they might go for over $100 for the first time in a while. QUOTE]

If you have to pay $100 a ticket compared to the $10-$20 a ticket that you have in the past, that to me doesn't sound "easy as it's always been" Most casual fans like the ones who have come in the past travel to MN because it has been cheap and easy. That will not be the case this year. ESPECIALLY for students. How many students are gonna pay $100 a ticket? Yeah, there will likely be 5000 or so dressed in red at the game, but don't kid yourself thinking their will be 10-12000. Also, are there really that many season ticket holders who sell their Sconnie/Iowa tickets to fund the rest of the season? Why buy season tickets if that is the case? Aren't those rivalry games the ones you would most want to attend? Hmmm...I think I'll go to Fla Atlantic, Bowling Green, Temple, and Northwestern, and sell my tickets to the Wisconsin game in order to pay for it. That my friends is just plain stupid.

This dialog is HILARIOUS. With some people it is "push the button and watch them go".

Another factor you are leaving out is the probability of your marching band to go all 'Deliverance' on each other in rehearsals and bus trips, resulting in more suspensions.

Better keep those drunken uglies in the band in line before they ruin your precious road trip.

Wiscy33, you were doing pretty good until you mentioned your band. Now you are officially on the defensive. I'm interested in whether you are going to die a slow death by posting some more, or just disappear.

I know I'm treading water here what, with the reaction to Wisconsin33 but if anyone else has an extra 2 tickets they can part with PM me and name a price. Another "enemy' fan that wants to get into TCF for the "battle for the axe!

Wisconsin

sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a F the Badgers group on facebook where you can really sound off. There is no way there will be 10,000 becky fans in TCF.
If is funny when I see a becky fan dressed in red my cars is suddenly out of alignment. What is up with that? I would hate for someone to get hurt.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, my friend. The forgotten varible in all of this, is that not all season tickets are held by Gopher fans, so if I sell mine, it won't just be 3002 Badger fans: their 3000 ticket allotment + my brother's 2 seats...ummmm, I already sold mine so I guess its 3006. Anyway, ticket brokers hold season tickets, companies hold season tickets, heirs hold season tickets and yes Hawkeye and Badger fans are season ticket holders. None of those entities care who buys or uses their tickets. Even Gopher fans faced with a sudden schedule conflict will sell their tickets to whoever will buy them, so get real and make some money off bucky!

You are pathetic.

Let me get this straight...earlier in the thread you ripped on someone claiming they didn't have enough money to afford season tickets. With that post, you basically tried to assert your dominance by illustrating how much more money you have than someone. Now you are saying "make some money off bucky?" Well bigshot, if you are so rich, why do you need the relatively slight (by your Donald Trump standards of course) increase in wealth?

Seems pretty obvious you are either lying or are an unbelieveably greedy, sad person.

Regardless of which characterization is correct, you are a really piss poor Gopher fan.

As long as there are Gopher ticket holders (I won't call them fans) willing to deal with the enemy, this stuff will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom