Badge(r) of Shame

Reaction score
Love the title of this article in the NYPost. Looks like a lot of people saw through Bulemia's feeble attempt to influence the polls. Sure didn't seem to help UW in the latest round of voting.

If the east coast media is taking notice of what a prick Brett is, it isn't going to help his cause. A disproportionate # of the voters are on the eastern seaboard, and half of them probably couldn't find Wisconsin on a map. I'm an easterner myself, and I have relatives that have never been west of the Hudson.

Actually, poetic justice out of all this would be the Fadgers getting matched up with Oregon (or Auburn) in a bowl game and absolutely destroyed.

That's great, I hope some of the voters actually knock them down a few pegs in the polls that feed the BCS over it.

People need to get over it. He didn't play his starters and whole game, and Indiana couldn't stop them once. It is just as much on Indiana as it is on Wisconsin. Think of how any coach would get ripped if he starting taking a knee at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

That was on Indiana. It looked like they gave up, or sure as heck weren't trying as hard as they might have and should have.

I think Bielema is trying to become the modern-day version of Woody Hayes. Hayes was a great coach (far better than Bielema), but what is he known for today? Being a great coach or tearing up down-markers and clothes-lining an opposing player.

And I can't say that he ran it up on Saturday. He was playing his subs.

People need to get over it. He didn't play his starters and whole game, and Indiana couldn't stop them once. It is just as much on Indiana as it is on Wisconsin. Think of how any coach would get ripped if he starting taking a knee at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

Notice a pattern?

As noted here in September, in a 70-3 win against Austin Peay, Bielema had Wisconsin throw four straight passes on a drive that made it 63-3.

Last month, he had Wisconsin go for two after a late TD made it Wisconsin 41, Minnesota 16!

Saturday, as seen on ESPN2, Bielema had his quarterback throw a 74-yard TD pass to make it 76-13 over Indiana, final score, 83-20. What a guy.

Brett Enema is about a total dink, but that type of extended real game experience for his second and third stringers is a very valuable thing, and that experience will be beneficial for them in the future.

Love the title of this article in the NYPost. Looks like a lot of people saw through Bulemia's feeble attempt to influence the polls. Sure didn't seem to help UW in the latest round of voting.

If the east coast media is taking notice of what a prick Brett is, it isn't going to help his cause. A disproportionate # of the voters are on the eastern seaboard, and half of them probably couldn't find Wisconsin on a map. I'm an easterner myself, and I have relatives that have never been west of the Hudson.

Actually, poetic justice out of all this would be the Fadgers getting matched up with Oregon (or Auburn) in a bowl game and absolutely destroyed.

Second to the Gophers (U of M Grad) I'm an Oregon fan (lived there for 13 years). After watching Wisky smash Ohio State in the mouth I'm concerned they could do the same to Oregon, particularly if Wisky's secondary has enough speed to combat Oregon's speed. California had some success with this on Saturday. That being said Go Gophers and Go Ducks, unless they are playing the Gophers.

I agree that iu tanked it, but there's no excuse for having your QB wing it downfield when you're up by more than 50 points. Even if he's the sub. In that situation you run the ball and try and milk the clock. And big deal if you have to punt it away. Your backup defensive players need to get some experience, too.

You're right that Bulemia shouldn't have been taking a knee at the start of the 4th quarter. That would have been almost as disrespectful as running up the score. But that 74 yard pass that made it 76-13 came towards the end of the quarter. That's douchbaggery. Even worse is going for one more TD after iu had the gall to come back and score. At that point there couldn't have been more than a couple minutes left on the clock. Was UW in a no-huddle offense?

Like I said before, I hope Oregon (or whomever) just works Bulemia in a NYD bowl game. And then when they score a meaningless TD late in the game, they go for 2.

Notice a pattern?

As noted here in September, in a 70-3 win against Austin Peay, Bielema had Wisconsin throw four straight passes on a drive that made it 63-3.

Last month, he had Wisconsin go for two after a late TD made it Wisconsin 41, Minnesota 16!

Saturday, as seen on ESPN2, Bielema had his quarterback throw a 74-yard TD pass to make it 76-13 over Indiana, final score, 83-20. What a guy.

Look I understand he tried to run up the score by going for two against MN, but in my mind if you are playing backups and keep scoring that is not running up the score. The fact of the matter is that WI is currently in a three team tie for who will play in the Rose Bowl (I hear its a big game played by our conference winner) that will most likely be decided by who is highest in the BCS standings at the end of the year. That will most likely be decided by who had their loss longest ago, and who can put up the most impressive victories (style points) in the other games.

Regardless of who is still in the game he is keeping his foot on the petal, but don't be surprised at the end of the year the difference between the first and second BigTen teams in the BCS standings is one point. Also remember that OSU will have a national audience in their final game of the year to sway Human Poll voters.

When there are three instances in one season, you are probably guilty of running up the score.

Wisconsin does look pretty good though. Someday I dream of Minnesota being accused of running up the score in a conference game.

I agree that iu tanked it, but there's no excuse for having your QB wing it downfield when you're up by more than 50 points. Even if he's the sub. In that situation you run the ball and try and milk the clock. And big deal if you have to punt it away. Your backup defensive players need to get some experience, too.

You're right that Bulemia shouldn't have been taking a knee at the start of the 4th quarter. That would have been almost as disrespectful as running up the score. But that 74 yard pass that made it 76-13 came towards the end of the quarter. That's douchbaggery. Even worse is going for one more TD after iu had the gall to come back and score. At that point there couldn't have been more than a couple minutes left on the clock. Was UW in a no-huddle offense?

Like I said before, I hope Oregon (or whomever) just works Bulemia in a NYD bowl game. And then when they score a meaningless TD late in the game, they go for 2.

I disagree, when you put backups in the game you run a regular game plan based on down, yardage, etc. These are tomorrows starters if the defense can't stop them then that is on them. Plus isn't more likely that BB is trying to take it easy on Indiana by throwing? They are clearly a much stronger running team. There was about four and half minutes left after Indiana had their final score and Wisconsin scored in 5 plays with Mike Tice's kid in at QB. I didn't see it but am going to guess that the 74 - yard touchdown was relativley short (under 20 yard) pass play that broke for a long score rather than a deep bomb down the sideline, but I didn't see the play.

I disagree, when you put backups in the game you run a regular game plan based on down, yardage, etc. These are tomorrows starters if the defense can't stop them then that is on them. Plus isn't more likely that BB is trying to take it easy on Indiana by throwing? They are clearly a much stronger running team. There was about four and half minutes left after Indiana had their final score and Wisconsin scored in 5 plays with Mike Tice's kid in at QB. I didn't see it but am going to guess that the 74 - yard touchdown was relativley short (under 20 yard) pass play that broke for a long score rather than a deep bomb down the sideline, but I didn't see the play.

The Indiana stuff might be believable if not for the two other examples against Austin Peay and Minnesota. BB has established a pattern of calling unnecessary plays. Since when is calling four straight passes part of a normal game plan.

in a 70-3 win against Austin Peay, Bielema had Wisconsin throw four straight passes on a drive that made it 63-3.

I didn't see that long pass play either. It could have been a screen pass. Considering that iu had given up wisky might have scored on a plunge play up the middle. Still, when you're up with 40-50 points, sportsmanship dictates you play it conservative. No, your kids shouldn't take a knee, and its on the hoosiers to stop them. But with less than 10 minutes in the game, what's the big deal if the teams trade 3-and-outs for a couple of series to run out the clock? Yeah, you get your future starters experience with all of the playbook, but isn't football also about teaching lifelong values to young men? That's what the coaches always say during recruiting visits in parents living rooms. No way I'd let my kid play for this scumbag.

Then again, I don't think sportsmanship is in Bulemia's vocabulary, assuming that turkey necked dweeb can even spell it. He is after all an Iowa grad.

Always remember, what goes around comes around.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are a joke. You would give your left nutts to be in the same position as the Badgers are. They need to do what they can get themselves in a position for a possible title game birth. BTW, the Badgers are right where they deserve to be ranked. Has nothing to do with east coast bias. As for you wishing for a beat down of the Badgers at the hands of Oregon or Auburn or whoever...Don't you wish the Gophers could actually put themselves in that position? Again, you guys are a joke...

I think I can live with people who didn't watch the game thinking we ran up the score. Heck, I can even live with people who watched the game thinking we ran up the score (and this group is much, much smaller). I have also been on enough of the other side of those scores to know it goes both ways.

Nonetheless, it was nice waking up Sunday being 9-1 and tied for the Big 10 lead. If some East Coast guy who writes a column based on box scores gets excited about it, so much the better. At least they notice one more team in fly-over country and so do potential recruits.

"Testicles" has 2 T's

You guys are a joke. You would give your left nutts to be in the same position as the Badgers are. They need to do what they can get themselves in a position for a possible title game birth. BTW, the Badgers are right where they deserve to be ranked. Has nothing to do with east coast bias. As for you wishing for a beat down of the Badgers at the hands of Oregon or Auburn or whoever...Don't you wish the Gophers could actually put themselves in that position? Again, you guys are a joke...

Nut, OTOH, only has one. You must be really sensitive about censorship. It goes without saying that just about anyone on this board would give their cajones izquierdo to have the success the Badgers have enjoyed over the last decade. My point (which you apparently missed) is that if god willing, we ever get there, I hope we act with a lot more class than our neighbors to the east.

Also, WTTF (using an extra T to avoid those pesky censors) are we supposed to talk about on this board. There's no news on the coaching search (which at this point is probably a good thing), our team doesn't play for two weeks (which is also probably a blessing), and recruiting is nonexistent, for obvious reasons. Lighten up, Frances.

P.S. I don't disagree that the Badgers deserve their current ranking. But I question how a team and its coach that feels the need to run up the score on hapless opponents (including us) will fare when someone punches them in the mouth. Props to Bucky for beating tOSU, although I think they caught them on a down day. Also, don't forget that UW got worked by a very good, but not great MSU team earlier this season.

Jesus some of you on here need to just give it up with the incessant bielema/wisconsin bashing. Get over it already! Someday Minnesota will beat Wisconsin, may even finish in front of them in the standings, and may even win the B10. Until then just STFU about the Badgers, it makes you look childish.

Jesus some of you on here need to just give it up with the incessant bielema/wisconsin bashing. Get over it already! Someday Minnesota will beat Wisconsin, may even finish in front of them in the standings, and may even win the B10. Until then just STFU about the Badgers, it makes you look childish.

Bielema is an A#1 d!ck. Nothing will change that. Winning glosses over it. Something unexpected will happen, and he will get his comeuppance. No doubt. Life is like that.

I liked your "Leave Britney Alone" rant better.

The late pass seemed to be a broken play where the QB just heaved the ball about 45 yards and the Becky WR was behind the secondary and he ran the last 30 yards in. And the last TD was Nate Tice scampering in from about 20 yards. If Indy can't stop Nate Tice then I can't argue that BB was running up the score.

The late pass seemed to be a broken play where the QB just heaved the ball about 45 yards and the Becky WR was behind the secondary and he ran the last 30 yards in. And the last TD was Nate Tice scampering in from about 20 yards. If Indy can't stop Nate Tice then I can't argue that BB was running up the score.

Good point. Nate Tice probably didn't have a 17 yard run against Eden Prairie in his 4-6 games against them at Edina! I did not watch the game but I'm told this drive covered 80 yards in five running plays with reserves. Not to be faulted in my opinion.

Bielema is a d-bag, I know a fair amount of Wisconsin fans who tell me that often. These Wisconsin fans want the wins but they have no interest in running the score up against inferior opponents, unfortunately we're in that latter bucket right now. Bielema can run up the score as much as he wants, that's his prerogative but don't get offended when people call him a d-bag for doing so.

If his main focus was giving his non-starters game experience it would make more sense to throw short passes and run the ball to keep the offense on the field longer. Instead, he was giving his non-starters d-bag experience... it's just science.

Also, this:
4cbdacf8e8474.preview-300.jpg

maybe MN will become relevant in college football sometime this century....Then again pigs may fly out of my ass when hell freezes over.

When the hell was Wisconsin relevant this century? That riveting run to Big Ten runner-up status in 2006? The only thing Wisconsin has over us in terms of "relevance" this century is that they're a skinnier bridesmaid. Big f'in deal.

(P.S. You should be embarrassed to call yourself a "gopheralum".)

Good points. What bothers me the most about Bulemia isn't that

A)He's a dick. He is, but so are a lot of good football coaches. In fact, I kinda hope our next coach is a dick. Nice guys haven't worked out too well in the past.
B)He runs up the score. Ditto on other coaches
C)He's from both Wisconsin and Iowa. I'd hate Mother Teresa if she had that tat on her leg

It's the fact that he won't man up and admit that he ran up the score, either to try and influence the polls, or the fact that he hated Tim Brewster. Instead, he invents some lameazzed excuse about "consulting the card" or giving his younger players some game time.

That makes him both a dick and a poosay. Which is a pretty neat trick, when you think about it

[B said:
It's the fact that he won't man up and admit that he ran up the score, either to try and influence the polls, or the fact that he hated Tim Brewster. Instead, he invents some lameazzed excuse about "consulting the card" or giving his younger players some game time.

That makes him both a dick and a poosay. Which is a pretty neat trick, when you think about it[/B]

That's the crux of it for me. If you hate someone, man up and say it and don't give the rest of the program a rep they may not want. It's obvious that Bielema and Brewster had issues with each other, but don't get your team involved in the spat. Do the verbal slap-down. They--both Brewster and Bielema--are chickens here. Don't make your team do your dirty work for you.

As for your closing, it does make it easy for Bielema to "go 'eff' himself."

Top Bottom