B1G Team Notes 2021-22

Kind of shocking, I believe Fahey was given a vote of confidence by the administration, altough their record doesn’t indicate it but the team competed hard. Myles is the one that shocks me the most
Yep. Myles was one of the trio (including Peeples and Terry) who were supposed to turn the Illini around. I'm slightly puzzled by Fahey's return.

And the transfer portal gets bigger. Gopher’s should have a good amount of players to choose from. 👍🏻

Yep. Myles was one of the trio (including Peeples and Terry) who were supposed to turn the Illini around. I'm slightly puzzled by Fahey's return.
Although Fahey’s has had the Gopher’s number but it seems coach Whay never seems to have her full starting lineup when they play the Illni

Kind of shocking, I believe Fahey was given a vote of confidence by the administration, altough their record doesn’t indicate it but the team competed hard. Myles is the one that shocks me the most
TBH, it was shocking she was hired in the first place.

Rutgers is gonna take a huge step back next year

Huge losses for both Rutgers and Purdue. Does anyone think Tekia Mack was WNBA potentia? She is a senior and was wondering if she would come back or go pro. I definitely think she is pro material overseas.

Mael Gilles leaving Rutgers as well. I believe she was a senior and a starter for the Scarlet Knights.

The 2021 class was three recruits. Katie Borowicz was one of them, and she joined the team in January. The other two are Maggie Czinano from Watertown and Alanna Micheaux from Wayne, Michigan. Nothing to indicate that Czinano and Micheaux won't be here for the summer workouts at this time.

The 2021 class was three recruits. Katie Borowicz was one of them, and she joined the team in January. The other two are Maggie Czinano from Watertown and Alanna Micheaux from Wayne, Michigan. Nothing to indicate that Czinano and Micheaux won't be here for the summer workouts at this time.
Are they going to expand the roster to allow Czinano and Micheaux to join the all returning roster?

Are they going to expand the roster to allow Czinano and Micheaux to join the all returning roster?
15 scholarships in wbb so they are at the number anyway but LBK and Hubbard dont count against the limit so technically have 2 open ones for next year.

Raoul sez Keyanna Werthan and Jaelynn Penn are transferring from Indiana.

Indiana and Teri Moren agree to new contract:

Indiana University and IU head women's basketball coach Teri Moren have agreed to a new contract thru 2027 that will make her among the highest compensated women's basketball coaches in the Big Ten.

Moren's new deal runs through the 2026-27 season and increases her annual average compensation to $862,500. In addition, the contract includes an assortment of performance bonuses that can enhance the deal, including bonuses for:

• Big Ten regular and postseason championships;
  • NCAA Tournament or WNIT Tournament participation and victories;
  • conference and/or national coach of the year accolades; and
  • team academic accomplishments.

"Teri Moren is the architect of an unprecedented era of success for our women's basketball program, and I'm excited that we have agreed to a new deal that ensures she will be here for many years to come," said IU Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Scott Dolson. "With six straight 20-win seasons and this year's run to the Elite Eight, Teri has built our program into one of the very best in the Big Ten.

"This new contract places her in the upper echelon among her conference peers, rewards those achievements, and recognizes the upward trajectory that we are on. In my more than 30 years with the department I've never been as excited about the future of IU Women's Basketball, and that's because we have the right person leading us in the right direction."

In seven years at the helm of the IU program, Moren has compiled a 148-80 overall record (.649) and led the team to the postseason five times, including three trips to the NCAA Tournament. She has won 20 or more games in each of the last six seasons, surpassing the 20-win seasons in the program's first 41 years (four). She has established new program records for conference wins in each of the past two seasons, highlighted by year's 16-2 Big Ten mark

Who remains and who's arriving at Illinois (as of now):

Illinois currently has eight players returning next season, including leading scorer Jada Peebles, who averaged 11.6 points per game, Aaliyah Nye, who had an impressive freshman season with 10 starts and 8.1 points per games, and Eva Rubin, who started 20 games and averaged 7.3 points per game after transferring to Illinois from Arizona State.

There is still hope for head coach Nancy Fahey and the Illini, as it is bringing in three recruits: Adalia McKenzie, a four-star Minnesota native who is considered one of the state’s top players; Jayla Oden, a three-star Baltimore native who is one of the top high school point guards in Maryland; and Keanna Rembert, a Raleigh, North Carolina native who played with Ephraim and Peebles for NC Zoom.

Top Bottom