B1G schools ranked by how many punts it would take to reach the nearest Culver’s

I'm a huge fan of In-N-Out, became acquainted with it when I lived in LA for a couple of years. I love the simplicity, basic burgers-fries-shakes-pop. That's the entire menu. Always fresh.

I'm going to contradict myself, because while I do really like a Culver's Deluxe with swiss and bacon, I also enjoy lot's of other stuff there...fish (especially walleye during lent), shrimp & pot roast. Also more side options.

If both were in the same market I would be faced with a "Sophie's Choice."
Five Guys! First turned on to them in the early 2000's working on a project out near DC. Same simple concept.

Apparently there's just a random couple of locations in the whole rest of the state that aren't between Clearwater and Ft Myers.

This is the clearest indicator I've seen yet of the old stereotype that the Gulf Coast is for Midwesterners and the Atlantic Coast is for New York/New England. Tampa Bay's even got Portillo's.
There's a Famous Dave's in Ft Myers and a steakhouse in Naples owned by a D'Amico also!

Very much a Midwestern flavor. I was quite surprised by the amount of Lutheran churches in the Sarasota-Bradenton area when my wife and I moved there!

I do like Five Guys especially the topping options. Drawback is it seems rather spendy for what you get.
Compared to McD's and BK, I think the pricing ay 5G seems fine.

5 Guys is way better but their prices are insane.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that… haven’t gone back really.

I like five guys, but they are one setting too high for what they are IMO.

Well the last time I went to 5 guys (over a year ago) the total for a burger, fries, and drink was between 15 and $20 (and that wasn't even the biggest burger). There are casual sit down places where you can get that for under $20.
I had a giant sun from Jimmy John’s yesterday it was $20.10 with no chips or drinks

Flameburger anybody? There's 5-8 and Matt's as well.
Flameburger is outstanding! I went to the one on Larpenteur Ave in Falcon Heights countless times during my days at the U. Best hash(ed) browns I’ve ever eaten!

Well the last time I went to 5 guys (over a year ago) the total for a burger, fries, and drink was between 15 and $20 (and that wasn't even the biggest burger). There are casual sit down places where you can get that for under $20.
Load up on the peanuts!:ROFLMAO:

Flameburger anybody? There's 5-8 and Matt's as well.
Since we are expanding the conversation, Matt's is Solid! 5-8. It's been a while. Add The Nook! Haven't been to the Nook in a little while either, but IMHO they made the best jucy/juicy lucy.

Now who makes the best fish and chips?

Since we are expanding the conversation, Matt's is Solid! 5-8. It's been a while. Add The Nook! Haven't been to the Nook in a little while either, but IMHO they made the best jucy/juicy lucy.

Now who makes the best fish and chips?
My Dad took me to Matt's for the first time when I was 13-14 during a Cities shopping day.

But the fries feed a family of 4.

What about Dairy Queen? I was so upset when the Washington Avenue DQ suddenly turned into something else!

There's a Famous Dave's in Ft Myers and a steakhouse in Naples owned by a D'Amico also!

Very much a Midwestern flavor. I was quite surprised by the amount of Lutheran churches in the Sarasota-Bradenton area when my wife and I moved there!
Even more credibility goes out if they have an annual Lutefisk/Lefse feed. Now that's worth several thousand punts. ;)🌯🐟

How is in-n-out?

Every time I hear about a great fast food place… it’s never that great.

Culver’s is probably the only place I would drive out of my way to get to.
I believe In-N-OUT is over rated. I went to one in Southern California 20 years ago several times. It was good. I went to one in Texas 5 years ago and it just wasn't the same.

Top Bottom