B1G Icons: Herb Brooks

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
I know it's not necessarily football related, but tonight's B1G Icon is our very own, Herb Brooks. Will air as soon as the Gophs beat the Huskies, on BTN, of course.

I think they should do more rounds of these. There's never just one icon. I'd be interesting in the icons from way back. Sure, I'd be most interested in the Minnesota icons, but hearing about other schools' coaches from way back would be interesting.

"I don't want the best players Craig. I want the right ones."

From the movie "Miracle", as Herb selected the US Olympic roster.

I've envisioned Kill saying it in regard to his recruits.

Leave it to the BTN to select a guy who is neither the best Gopher coach, nor actually ever coached in the Big Ten.

Leave it to the BTN to select a guy who is neither the best Gopher coach, nor actually ever coached in the Big Ten.

Ehhhh, don't be so picky. Brooks played at Minnesota, played Olympic hockey, and coached the Gophers to 3 titles. Of course his icon status is largely based around his accomplishments as coach for Team USA, but his resume as a whole makes him more than worthy to be an icon among B1G schools. I'm not necessarily saying you're arguing against that, but give him a break.

Top Bottom