B1G Game 6: Gophers Host Rutgers (1-12-23)

To summerize (there were multiple turnovers just like this one leading to Coquese Washington's 100th B1G win):

1. Rose isn't even TURNED around and looking
2 Izzy was WIDE OPEN
3. Mara was WIDE OPEN..

Katie last night made a lot of silly passes and decision making.. I think it's time she comes off the bench and tries to be the spark off the bench.. because honestly we need SOME KIND of production off the bench..

Ok is it considered abuse if the coaches make the players take a basketball and have to retain it for 24 hours? Go to class with it, shower with it eat with it etc…Value the basketball it will make winning so much easier!
I, toO lean with starting Gradwell or Maggie over Katie B right now. Maggie gets to the FT line quite often, doesn’t always make’em but it’s certainly better than a TO.
I was thinking this exact thing during last night's game!!!

1. Rose isn't even TURNED around and looking
2 Izzy was WIDE OPEN
3. Mara was WIDE OPEN..

Katie last night made a lot of silly passes and decision making.. I think it's time she comes off the bench and tries to be the spark off the bench.. because honestly we need SOME KIND of production off the bench..
She probably also could have been called for the foul on the other end.

Katie I could see. The other three are locked in for next season. They wanna play with Sophie and Nia.

In terms of people saying Katie to the bench... it's been WAYYY PAST time for her to come off the bench. here is the updated numbers of assist/turnovers for each player.

Mara: 48 assists/49 turnovers
Amaya: 73 assits/55 turnovers
Isabelle Gradwell: 16 assists/12 turnovers
Mi'Cole Cayton: 16 assists/11 turnovers
Heyer: 20 assists/24 turnovers
Rose: 8 assists/47 turnovers
Katie: 55 assists/66 turnovers
Oberg: 17 assists/14 turnovers

VERY CLEAR AMAYA AND MARA SHOULD BE HANDLING THE BALL.
Thanks for posting these stats and it reinforces what many of us have been saying about the PG position. Watched a Coach Ivey interview lately about her expected assist/ TO ratio and she said the goal is 2/1. Now she has Olivia Miles @ PG and was clear that was a stretch goal to be able to achieve consistently. It does show us how far we are from top tier play @ PG.

Top Bottom