B1G Game 15: Gophers Host Nebraska (2-15-23)

Well, in an empty Barn, I'm sure your voice is heard!
It was tense listening on the radio streaming on the phone with all of the lead changes, Anette and Justin, you could tell they were into the atmosphere with the crowd.

She's been a solid contributor and the even more surprising thing to me is that she is playing WAY out of position. Can't be too many 5-11 "center"s in D1.
Hammond isn't 5-11, she is 6 1" to 6 2" in basketball shoes. Agreed though not many Centers playing at the hight. Hammond has been a pleasant surprise lately on the boards and in the post.

View attachment 24013

along with Battle who is listed at 5'11..

This is really quibbling, she is definitely in the range of 5'11-6'2". I would have guessed 6'1" based on her matchups on the floor. Other sites list her at 6' even. No one argues that she is a bit undersized in height and mass, for a center.

2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster​

Choose a Player:

Angie Hammond

5 Angelina Hammond

• Position Small Forward
  • Height 6-0
  • Class Junior
  • Highschool Hopkins HS
  • Hometown Hopkins, Minn.

Angelina Hammond

15 - Angelina Hammond

Height: 6'0
Year: So
Hometown: Hopkins, Minnestota
High School: Hopkins high school
Previous College: Siena College
Position: Forward

This is really quibbling, she is definitely in the range of 5'11-6'2". I would have guessed 6'1" based on her matchups on the floor. Other sites list her at 6' even. No one argues that she is a bit undersized in height and mass, for a center.

2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster​

Choose a Player:

Angie Hammond

5 Angelina Hammond​

• Position Small Forward
  • Height 6-0
  • Class Junior
  • Highschool Hopkins HS
  • Hometown Hopkins, Minn.

Angelina Hammond

15 - Angelina Hammond

Height:6'0
Year:So
Hometown:Hopkins, Minnestota
High School:Hopkins high school
Previous College:Siena College
Position:Forward
haha 3 different heights lol

One thing I will mention about this game that I haven’t mentioned once this year is that the seniors pushed them over the edge. Hammond, Gradwell and Cayton. I kind of now assume Oberg won’t be back. With that I am going to add to someone’s earlier comment about bringing in a transfer. I do think another senior transfer who has a year left would be nice. It doesn’t have to be a contributor to be honest. Just someone who is a leader for these kids.

A few miscellaneous items:

-Mi'Cole Cayton previously played against Nebraska. In this game she had "2 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and a DUB against those Cornhuskers."

While at Nebraska, one thing I noticed was that she was named the basketball lifter of the year. While reliable shooting just hasn't been her thing, her work ethic and veteran knowledge surely helped the young team. Shimmy Gray Miller was her former coach and I think that's the connection that brought her to Minnesota.

-I'm happy for Coach Gray-Miller (and Rose especially) that her players broke out this season. No idea what she is like but she seems to have a personability and that connect with her players and positive vibe.

-In the latest ESPN Bracketology projection, Nebraska was knocked out of the NCAA Tournament.

-Mara Braun with the game on the line, second left:

1676731507013.png

Looks like 2-3 players move to shut Braun down:

1676731650032.png

Braun passes to the left-open Gradwell.

1676731776526.png

And, hey, unlike Illinois where the Illinois media said Braun was giving them the most trouble, Braun was not sat on the bench down the stretch and lost yet again a once-tied game. Instead, Braun scored 28 points and had 2 assists. Nice pass for the open game winner with the other team scheming to stop you.

Top Bottom