B10 Winter/Spring Season in Domes

I was even thinking they could use four of them: IN and MI for the east games, and MN and maybe St Louis for the west. Or if they really had to could look at the dome at Northern Iowa or even using Miller Park in Milwaukee.
Totally forgot about Miller Park! It's hosted soccer so it for sure could be used.

Totally forgot about Miller Park! It's hosted soccer so it for sure could be used.

Miller Park is a natural grass field. Not sure how it would hold up under multiple games - or if the Brewers would even allow that.

If the B1G is going to play at indoor stadiums, I suspect it will have to be on turf fields.

Miller Park is a natural grass field. Not sure how it would hold up under multiple games - or if the Brewers would even allow that.

If the B1G is going to play at indoor stadiums, I suspect it will have to be on turf fields.
Good point

It's interesting that we don't think things will change hardly at all between now and November or December to be able to play football, but we're somehow pretty darn sure that from November/Dec to January it is going to improve dramatically enough to be able to suddenly be able to play football?

That's one helluva crystal ball
A normal fall season starts in August/ September. That is the same time that all of the students are learning how to adjust to COVID and that has obviously not been going well. By January they have had more time to get things adjusted, the new spit test will be more available, the new 3M paper strip test may be available. So rapid, low cost testing will be available to monitor players/staff at least daily. More treatments should be available, better understanding of the heart conditions that afflict the elite athletes. Also, we are currently at a Covid infection surge. Hopefully, if people take the proper precautions, the infection rates will be much lower in December/January. This will lower the chance of A Covid outbreak in January. There are many reasons why waiting until January is a much better idea then rushing into it now just because people “want them to play”.

I've heard that many times and often wonder to myself; then why get tested if they don't feel sick?. Obviously they must be having symptoms of some kind if they need to be tested.
Some places if employment have mandatory testing along with various sports groups and training camps

A temporary turf field could be installed, over the grass. It'll be freezing middle of winter, so it's not like the grass will be growing.

A normal fall season starts in August/ September. That is the same time that all of the students are learning how to adjust to COVID and that has obviously not been going well. By January they have had more time to get things adjusted, the new spit test will be more available, the new 3M paper strip test may be available. So rapid, low cost testing will be available to monitor players/staff at least daily. More treatments should be available, better understanding of the heart conditions that afflict the elite athletes. Also, we are currently at a Covid infection surge. Hopefully, if people take the proper precautions, the infection rates will be much lower in December/January. This will lower the chance of A Covid outbreak in January. There are many reasons why waiting until January is a much better idea then rushing into it now just because people “want them to play”.
Well said!

I hope the SEC, ACC and Big 12 are highly successful this year and make hundreds of millions of dollars. I want nothing more than the Big10 to suffer in agony for the decision to shut down this fall. Playing 2 seasons in the same calendar year is stupid and not safe for young men. If they truly care about them, they need to just go with their decision to cancel this year and start up next fall. It will be great to see them lose out on millions of dollars and hopefully suffer for their decision.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that they are looking at Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, and Syracuse.

I hope the SEC, ACC and Big 12 are highly successful this year and make hundreds of millions of dollars. I want nothing more than the Big10 to suffer in agony for the decision to shut down this fall. Playing 2 seasons in the same calendar year is stupid and not safe for young men. If they truly care about them, they need to just go with their decision to cancel this year and start up next fall. It will be great to see them lose out on millions of dollars and hopefully suffer for their decision.
Don’t need or want “fans” like you.

Good riddance!

I"m hoping that they are able to play and have a successful season primarily so that those several thousand young men who have spent their lives preparing for this small window in time are able to go out and play the game they love.

Nobody, NOBODY should be cheering for the SEC, ACC and Big 12 to fail this fall but I know there are plenty that are. Pretty sad and loathsome people that would wish that if you ask me....

I'm cheering for the SEC, ACC, and Big XII to postpone their fall season to the spring.

I find this about as hilarious as colleges postponing student move-in by 2-3 weeks. As if situation will improve significantly in a matter of weeks.

If it's not safe to play in September, it won't be safe enough to play in January.

Ya, we were saying similar things in March.

I find this about as hilarious as colleges postponing student move-in by 2-3 weeks. As if situation will improve significantly in a matter of weeks.

If it's not safe to play in September, it won't be safe enough to play in January.

Ya, we were saying the same things in March.
Being so bold about a prediction 4+ months into the future, especially in these times, is risky business.

Good riddance!

Sorry, I ain’t going anywhere. I’ve been a fan for 40+ years and the U gets my money for my kids tuition. Sorry if I am voicing my opinion on the stupid decision by the University Presidents and Kevin Warren.

Good riddance!
I would appreciate it, and so would many others in this community, if you would be willing to investigate and seek to understand others ideas and thoughts instead of just simply put people down because you don’t agree with their view points. Part of the divide of this great country and issue we have eight now is that few people seek to understand. Instead they strive to force people to agree with themselves. Take this or leave this, I do think it’s valuable. We will not all agree, but it is such a deeper and richer conversation when we give an attempt to ask another why they may think that way and truly look for understanding.

I would appreciate it, and so would many others in this community, if you would be willing to investigate and seek to understand others ideas and thoughts instead of just simply put people down because you don’t agree with their view points. Part of the divide of this great country and issue we have eight now is that few people seek to understand. Instead they strive to force people to agree with themselves. Take this or leave this, I do think it’s valuable. We will not all agree, but it is such a deeper and richer conversation when we give an attempt to ask another why they may think that way and truly look for understanding.

x1000. Dude does just not get it and definitely brings out the worst in others (inc. myself).

Sorry, I ain’t going anywhere. I’ve been a fan for 40+ years and the U gets my money for my kids tuition. Sorry if I am voicing my opinion on the stupid decision by the University Presidents and Kevin Warren.
Fans don’t cheer for the university and team to fail, as you did above. You’re not a fan.

Too many evil, invalid “ideas” and “thoughts” are still deeply rooted in this country and some of its citizens.

I will never put effort into investigating, sympathizing, understanding, or tolerating such evil, invalid concepts.

Those need to be cleansed and purged, not considered and placated.

Too many evil, invalid “ideas” and “thoughts” are still deeply rooted in this country and some of its citizens.

I will never put effort into investigating, sympathizing, understanding, or tolerating such evil, invalid concepts.

Let's burn the books you don't agree with as well Fuhrer.

The Miller park idea is interesting. With the history of the Packers playing in Milwaukee, I am surprised they did not try to make Miller Park a little easier to consider playing a game in once in while, pre-season or otherwise.

Miller Park doesn't have heat or AC.

Let's burn the books you don't agree with as well Fuhrer.
I'd be more than happy to burn any book that advocates for racism, bigotry, and discrimination. I've got a nice bonfire pit in my backyard. Drop them off, let's get cookin'!

It is very unfortunate that this is your view. This is the exact recipe for hate. GopherHole is not a place for people who think this way. I hope that other GopherHole contributors can see that this is wrong on many levels. Please become a better person. As a human you deserve to be better than this. I believe in you.

Top Bottom