Awkward win over Indiana proves Bo Ryan still looks like the Grinch

They finished one game behind last year. I am not sure what your definition of close is, but I would think that qualifies.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear war.

They finished one game behind last year. I am not sure what your definition of close is, but I would think that qualifies.

EDITED: I missed the other posts, sorry. I guess one game behind is not close to you. I wonder how you would feel if the Gophers football team ever finished one game behind for the conference title. You might think one game behind is close in that case.

The notion that one game behind is not "in the mix" is absurd. When you say something that is incorrect and get called on it, you look much better when you just admit you were wrong.

Honestly, if the Gophers football team next year finishes (say) 5-3 in the conference and that's good for fourth in our division, with 3 teams finishing 6-2, that is roughly similar, and no I would not say we were that close.....there would be three teams in front of us.

Anyway I didn't start this thread so the Becky fans could defend their squad....you guys are a top25 team right now and that's fine. I personally think the Gophers are much better and would love a change to prove it in the BTT - keep in mind I also wear maroon and gold glasses to some extent, so BADger fans can feel free to take my confidence with a grain of salt.

Much better? You realize the two teams played already, right? It's one thing to say they're evenly matched, but much better seems to be a stretch.

Honestly, if the Gophers football team next year finishes (say) 5-3 in the conference and that's good for fourth in our division, with 3 teams finishing 6-2, that is roughly similar, and no I would not say we were that close.....there would be three teams in front of us.

Anyway I didn't start this thread so the Becky fans could defend their squad....you guys are a top25 team right now and that's fine. I personally think the Gophers are much better and would love a change to prove it in the BTT - keep in mind I also wear maroon and gold glasses to some extent, so BADger fans can feel free to take my confidence with a grain of salt.

Don't you think Penn State fans would claim their team is much better than Maine at this point? An early season ROAD loss to a team does not always indicate how well said team can play. I did say it was my personal opinion and that I was wearing maroon and gold glasses to some extent, but yes I would take us probably 8/10 on neutral court. I would say that is pretty significant.

Don't you think Penn State fans would claim their team is much better than Maine at this point? An early season ROAD loss to a team does not always indicate how well said team can play. I did say it was my personal opinion and that I was wearing maroon and gold glasses to some extent, but yes I would take us probably 8/10 on neutral court. I would say that is pretty significant.

And there are a lot of people who wear cardinal and white glasses that would take the badgers 8/10 on a neutral court. The two teams are different, it is hard to say how the games would go.

And there are a lot of people who wear cardinal and white glasses that would take the badgers 8/10 on a neutral court. The two teams are different, it is hard to say how the games would go.

I agree with that statement. I was serious, it will be a fun game if we play in the BTT and I hope to be there watching.

Top Bottom