Awesome atmosphere last night!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Last night ranks up there as one of the best atmospheres at TCF Bank Stadium. From the students arriving so early and setting the tone the entire game, to pre-game theatrics, the post-3rd quarter song series, etc., last night was a blast. We missed a big opportunity no doubt, but no time to keep our head down as we have a tricky road game next weekend.

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Student section was particularly impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was seated in 150A dead center and it was very impressive to see not only a packed lower bowl, not packed upper bowl of students waving those towels with the band rockin. It was a lot of fun to watch. One observation though, where was Goldy's perch?
The crowd even got into the awkward Ski U Mah at the beginning.
The parachute jumpers were a great addition too.

Fun night for sure!!!

Student section was very impressive!!!

I would offer that last night may have been the best New Brickhouse crowd since 2009.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Agree except that there were a couple too many drunks.

Only thing I'll complain about was the traffic. Yes, I know that it's a football game and you need to expect traffic, but 4th St. was still packed at 1:30AM.

Does anybody know why 4th between 15th & 13th was closed off? Just for safety to keep cars & pedestrians away from each other in Dinkytown?

Have never seen a Gopher student section like that... Awesome....

Yes, best crowd perhaps ever at TCF. Loved the standing room only crowd at the very top. Now just imagine playing WI for the West championship in a few months. Oh man...

Yes, best crowd perhaps ever at TCF. Loved the standing room only crowd at the very top. Now just imagine playing WI for the West championship in a few months. Oh man...

Did you sleep under the stars or in your car?

Does anybody know why 4th between 15th & 13th was closed off? Just for safety to keep cars & pedestrians away from each other in Dinkytown?

I think there was an accident. We left early due to the womanfolk and there were firetrucks and cop cars there. We got rerouted back onto University.

Too many middle aged folks trying to relive the glory years by sitting in the student section. A lot of my friends didn't have seats because adults were in the student section.

Too many middle aged folks trying to relive the glory years by sitting in the student section. A lot of my friends didn't have seats because adults were in the student section.

Grad students, and professional program students... Pharm, Medicine ect were all given free student and guest tickets last night for the student section as well....This could have been a factor for your friends experience...

Grad students, and professional program students... Pharm, Medicine ect were all given free student and guest tickets last night for the student section as well....This could have been a factor for your friends experience...
+1 Graduate and professional students are still students, equally entitled to student tickets. I'd like to see more of grad students at games. Even the medical students need a break sometime, might as well make that break a Gopher game.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It's the only Gopher game I've ever been to where the crowd appeared to be IN THEIR SEATS BEFORE KICKOFF!!!! Love that!

Tell your friends to show up early like everyone else.

It's the only Gopher game I've ever been to where the crowd appeared to be IN THEIR SEATS BEFORE KICKOFF!!!! Love that!

We should always change the kickoff time by 15 minutes at the last minute. Seems to be the best way to get people in their seats.

I think that 212 took a step back last night. Probably due to the reshuffling that's going on with the ticket hikes. Not as strong on TCU 1st and 2nd downs as has been in the past IMO. Third down was still solid though.

Saw that Bleed has moved down into 212 Tier 3 while both DarrenTheGreek and the Billds moved up a few rows to Tier 4.

Also worthy to note that on both sides of us were NEW season ticket holders in their mid-20s. None of them were alumni. This is a very good thing.

This offered really reminded us of the Air Force opener and USC. Students were fantastic.

Sorry to hear about the student hit by a taxi. Prayers for his recovery.

The atmosphere last night was awesome. The student section was FANTASTIC! Especially impressive given that classes haven't started yet. I think the crowd definitely helped to disrupt TCU a couple of times. Keep it up!

Another endorsement for the student section! Your game was on point for this game big time.

I still don't have a voice today, it was a lot of fun. And as to the comments about drunks, as a Vikings and Gopher season ticket holder, there is no comparison!! I was amazed though how many people left with 5 minutes to go. Late night yes, but upsets don't happen in the 3rd quarter.
Have fun, be loud, stand up, represent your team no matter what.

Top Bottom