Austin Hollins Tribute Thread!

I hope we can see him go to the D-League, play good and make it to the NBA!!

Congrats to Austin, a great Gopher. I'll always remember his huge shot at the end of the ILL game at the barn -- I think it was over that Lenard guy. Huge bucket.

I would've been shocked if he missed that 3 at the end. That's how good he has been lately, just automatic when left open and he's been clutch too.

Even when he struggled offensively overall, there weren't many times I wanted anyone other than him taking the last shot. I remember the Iowa game last year, and the Illinois game a couple years ago just to name 2. Thanks for the memories, Austin.

"He's 'bout the best dang player on that whole team, cause he's better then anybody else. He can run and jump and he'll just take that ole ball away from anybody. I sho am gonna miss him...and that's all I have to say 'bout that." F. Gump

He played amazing down the stretch. It was good to see him play this well to finish out his career.

He reminds me of Damien Johnson. Played hard his entire career tough and was always a great representative.

Both will go down as a couple of my favorite Gophers.

Classy kid, great team player, and superb performances to end his career.
Thanks Austin for giving us the chance to watch you these past four years.
I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best defenders we've ever had, and he was money all tournament long. Classy player, hard worker, and stayed true to the Gophers even with the coaching change and all the roster turmoil. Pretty clear to me that his dad Lionel raised him right. I loved the cutaways to him during the game. I know it's not the NCAAs, but it's got to be a proud moment see his son ride off into the sunset (so to speak) after winning a national title.

There better be a commemorative YouTube video in the works Gopher Digital Productions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a very forgettable career even though he has played more games than any Gopher. However he will be missed.

He had a very forgettable career even though he has played more games than any Gopher. However he will be missed.

Good thing you logged on and read through 2 pages for that gem. Bucky Gopher, as if that is even possible. What a d-bag.

Congrats and good luck Austin.

As Bleed stated, career leader in games played. Correct me if I'm wrong on this Bleed. Hit the court for every game in his career. NEVER missed a game. Durability is one of the most overlooked feature of athletes. Austin had durability. Good luck in the future Austin.

He's had his struggles and has had his successes with Minnesota.

In the end, he came home with some hardware as a senior. Granted, it probably wasn't in the tournament he originally wanted, but hey, hardware is hardware and he was pretty much lights out during the NIT. All and all, I liked him as a Gopher and I wish him well in the future.

We will definitely miss his defense, hustle, good attitude, and team play next year. On a team without any other shut down type wing defenders it will be tough.

Good thing you logged on and read through 2 pages for that gem. Bucky Gopher, as if that is even possible. What a d-bag.

Congrats and good luck Austin.

Oh god settle down. For a guy that seemed to get a lot of hype around gopherhole, he had a pretty mediocre career. Dre, Dre, King, Martin, and Walker or Dre, Dre, King, Walker, EE will be a better starting line up.

Oh god settle down. For a guy that seemed to get a lot of hype around gopherhole, he had a pretty mediocre career. Dre, Dre, King, Martin, and Walker or Dre, Dre, King, Walker, EE will be a better starting line up.

You can't be serious.

As Bleed stated, career leader in games played. Correct me if I'm wrong on this Bleed. Hit the court for every game in his career. NEVER missed a game. Durability is one of the most overlooked feature of athletes. Austin had durability. Good luck in the future Austin.

+1

IALTO

I will get out of this thread since this is an appreciation thread, apologize for my previous posts. I guess I did not think it would stir up so much ****...anyways, I am just excited for the future of Gopher basketball!

Top Bottom