Auburn signee Cassanova McKinzy picks Tigers in part because of Chick-Fil-A on campus

Kind of reminds me of the story about Laurence Maroney's recruiting dinner at Manny's Steakhouse.

Go to so. Cali. They are Carl's Jr. out there, but they are all over the place.

Worst food poisoning I've ever had was from a Chick-fil-a in Birmingham. Couldn't get out of the bathroom for 48 hours......

I actually really miss Whattaburgers (sp?) when I lived in Tempe. 24 hours of fastfood breakfast bliss, although I was 21 and dirt poor. One day I only had five bucks left to my name which forced me into a terrible decision, do I get gas so I could get to work,? or do I eat? I ended up puting in three bucks of gas and bought two lottery tickets. One of the lotto tickets won me $50! I was so damned happy I went straight to Whattaburger and ate like $18.00 worth of crap.

gopherguy05 said:
Worst food poisoning I've ever had was from a Chick-fil-a in Birmingham. Couldn't get out of the bathroom for 48 hours......
Didn't they years ago find a chicken head in a Chick-fil-a sandwich - it was a big deal at the time.

I love the damn Waffle House! Chick-Fil-A is very so-so IMO. I used to only be able get Waffle House on road trips to Indiana or Illinois, and the Music City Bowl. I moved to FL 18 months ago now and I have a Waffle House 3 blocks away (which I frequent on a weekly basis), w/ a Chick-Fil-A around a mile away. Dunkin Donuts is huge down here as well. Another advantage is about half the gas stations and a lot of the pubs have hot boilded peanuts which I love. I have to say, Southern cooking is far superior in taste to Midwestern cuisine, although much less healthy.

Gopherdroppings

www.gopherjerseys.com

All of these posts, and not one mention of the fact that this guy is named "Cassanova" LOL

Go to so. Cali. They are Carl's Jr. out there, but they are all over the place.

Which would be better, Carl's Jr. or In-and-Out Burger? I've never had a Carl's Jr. burger but I had In-and-Out finally when I was in Sacto a couple years ago and it was okay, but I was a little disappointed considering it's hype.

A lot of this falls under the "Grass is always greener" category. If you can't easily get a certain kind of food, you seem to crave it more. Krispy Kreme came to town and they literally had to bring police in to control the mob of traffic trying to get in and out of the stores. The hysteria died down and eventually everyone figured out that it was just a donut.

JoeDirt said:
I actually really miss Whattaburgers (sp?) when I lived in Tempe. 24 hours of fastfood breakfast bliss, although I was 21 and dirt poor. One day I only had five bucks left to my name which forced me into a terrible decision, do I get gas so I could get to work,? or do I eat? I ended up puting in three bucks of gas and bought two lottery tickets. One of the lotto tickets won me $50! I was so damned happy I went straight to Whattaburger and ate like $18.00 worth of crap.

When I took a road trip to Texas and tried my first what-a-burger in Oklahoma. I was blown away. Have contemplated going back just for one more meal there. great great place.

Top Bottom