Auburn signee Cassanova McKinzy picks Tigers in part because of Chick-Fil-A on campus

BleedGopher

Reaction score

The funny thing is that there is a Chick-Fil-A on campus. If only they would have known to show him. You can't walk 10 minutes in the South without seeing a mega-church and a Chick-Fil-A.

Lord knows why, however. I think it's disgusting, even by fast food standards.

If I could go back in time, and eat at the places that I liked at that age, they probably wouldn't live up to my memory of them.

The funny thing is that there is a Chick-Fil-A on campus. If only they would have known to show him. You can't walk 10 minutes in the South without seeing a mega-church and a Chick-Fil-A.

Lord knows why, however. I think it's disgusting, even by fast food standards.
True, but if you want a sandwich from Chik-Fil-A after Sunday services, you're outta luck.

There's a Chick-fil-A in Coffman Union, so we've got that covered. Which is nice.

If I could go back in time, and eat at the places that I liked at that age, they probably wouldn't live up to my memory of them.

I often wonder if the "Red Barn" (fast food burger joint) was really as good as I remember it?

I still love a Mushroom n' Swiss from Hardee's. There are only a few Hardee's left, but I make sure to stop when I see one.

Part of me thinks it would be great if there were more Chick-Fil-A restaurants around here, but I used to think the same thing about Sonic and I haven't eaten at one since they built a few locations around the Cities.

Hard to eat any other chicken on campus after trying Cane's!

Auburn also has one of the few remaining Shakey's Pizza restaurants.

There's a Chick-fil-A in Coffman Union, so we've got that covered. Which is nice.

It's not a full one though, with all the options. You can only get a couple sandwiches or nuggets. The full ones have far more options including breakfast even.

Part of me thinks it would be great if there were more Chick-Fil-A restaurants around here, but I used to think the same thing about Sonic and I haven't eaten at one since they built a few locations around the Cities.

Chic-Fil-A has major quality control issues. The one outside Fort Bragg was fabulous, but the next closest location was suspect. The worst I've been to is in Coffman Union. I think we generally have weak fast food compared to the South... Probably demand driven. However, I take that as positive in all respects excepting the negative effects it has on recruiting.

Picking a college based on Chick-Fil-A proximity? I was never under the illusion that SEC schools attracted the most serious students but cmon! :)

yT5Jyf

Indisputable proof that Stub and Herbs needs to be torn down and replaced with a Chick-Fil-A if Minnesota is ever to recruit with the big boys.

Indisputable proof that Stub and Herbs needs to be torn down and replaced with a Chick-Fil-A if Minnesota is ever to recruit with the big boys.

Unless something has changed since I graduated (Fall Semester 2008), there is a Chick-Fil-A in the union. One of the only Chick-Fil-A's in the midwest.

Unless something has changed since I graduated (Fall Semester 2008), there is a Chick-Fil-A in the union. One of the only Chick-Fil-A's in the midwest.

See last page. It appears as if it isn't nearly what's expected of a true Chick-Fil-A.

See last page. It appears as if it isn't nearly what's expected of a true Chick-Fil-A.

Plus, there's a danger a recruit could miss it completely, as Mr. McKinzy missed out on the Chick-Fil-A only a mile from Clemson Memorial Stadium.

We need our Chick-Fil-A within sight of the stadium. On wide aerial shots, ESPN could inadvertently do our recruiting for us.

Plus, there's a danger a recruit could miss it completely, as Mr. McKinzy missed out on the Chick-Fil-A only a mile from Clemson Memorial Stadium.

We need our Chick-Fil-A within sight of the stadium. On wide aerial shots, ESPN could inadvertently do our recruiting for us.

+ add Chick-Fil-A as our stadium sponsor (sorry TCF), then we'd be set.

I have never eaten at a Chick-fil-a. Are they really that good that they can persuade a recruit? Perhaps a new recruiting strategy is needed. Force feed recruits Chick-fil-a until the commit.

I have never eaten at a Chick-fil-a. Are they really that good that they can persuade a recruit? Perhaps a new recruiting strategy is needed. Force feed recruits Chick-fil-a until the commit.
Chick-Fil-A is to chicken as Arby's is to roast beef.

Do you really want all of your players living off of fast food though?

Chick-Fil-A is to chicken as Arby's is to roast beef.

No way, Chic-Fil-A is good.

When I noticed this thread and all the replies, I thought for sure that it was going to be something about how dumb Mr. Cassanova was for basing his choice of Chick-Fil-A. I'm glad Gopherhole was finally able to come to a consensus, it was a good move by the kid!

Top Bottom