Auburn fans

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to an Auburn board that doesn’t require a fee login to read?

From what I have found so far, it seems to be mixed reactions.

Found this:

Not dissimilar to the Gophers disappointment for getting bumped down the bowl pecking order in the Mason era when his teams made bowls.

Not a lot of respect but we've heard that before.

Yes. They are writing us off as a team with a weak schedule. I’m impressed with the wins they have. Hoping this isn’t a repeat of the Mizzou Citrus result. Ski-U-Mah!

Most Auburn fans seem pissed Alabama got a more prestigious (from their view) bowl but otherwise excited to play us. Is Citrus > Outback a new thing?? I always remember the Outback being equal if not slightly better.

Some think they are gonna roll us by 40-50. Hope they all think that

Most Auburn fans seem pissed Alabama got a more prestigious (from their view) bowl but otherwise excited to play us. Is Citrus > Outback a new thing?? I always remember the Outback being equal if not slightly better.
Citrus has been higher since I remember.

I’ve seen some that worry they won’t show up. They also seem worried about guys sitting out.

Citrus is better from an SEC perspective. Citrus selects its SEC team first, and the next SEC team gets the Outback.

They are outraged because they beat Alabama and the Citrus picked Alabama over them. Money talks, as usual.

Citrus is better from an SEC perspective. Citrus selects its SEC team first, and the next SEC team gets the Outback.

They are outraged because they beat Alabama and the Citrus picked Alabama over them. Money talks, as usual.
Boy, we no that feeling.

Hmmm. And Michigan was taken ahead of us. Go figure.

They have 3 losses. Alabama has only 2.

Tell them we have the same number of losses as PSU, beat them head to head, yet they got picked ahead of us. Maybe that will make them feel better.

There’s definitely some disrespect, but they also understand that they can’t just show up and expect to win. They understand that this game means more to us than it does to them. Some have said Fleck will treat it like our Super Bowl and have the team ready to play. They don’t view us in the same category as OSU or Michigan, but they know we’re better than Purdue.

Anyone have a link to an Auburn board that doesn’t require a fee login to read?

From what I have found so far, it seems to be mixed reactions.
AUFamily.com seems to be free, at least for reading posts. Others have no charge registration. In general, they look down on us and we WILL be Las Vegas underdogs.

Just watched a preview video on the OutBack bowl from the Sec network and the analysts are so arrogant I hope we beat them and every sec team loses their bowl game
Gotta link? Ski-U-Mah!

There’s definitely some disrespect, but they also understand that they can’t just show up and expect to win. They understand that this game means more to us than it does to them. Some have said Fleck will treat it like our Super Bowl and have the team ready to play. They don’t view us in the same category as OSU or Michigan, but they know we’re better than Purdue.
I believe we were compared to Kentucky. Maybe in most years past...especially Coach Brew's tenure...but not the case in late Mase and the previous regime...and especially this year.

Cool, I always think it's interesting to get views from opposing fanbases during bowl season. Teams are usually so unfamiliar with each other. Do report back or include links to free and active boards you find...

As for the matchup, it's obviously going to be tough for MN, but Auburn fans should likely bite their tongues a bit. 10 point Sagarin spread (tighter in Vegas), two 1,000 yard WRs, multiple likely draft picks. They're undoubtedly more talented on paper, but this ain't gonna be a walk in the pakr.

Who cares what the Auburn fans write about.
Auburn is not a stellar example of an academic institution. Not too long ago the town did not even have a book store when people actually bought and read books in hand.
Their win over OR was at the start of the season and AL was without their star QB.
Given the quality wins and SOS Auburn as up to a ten point favorite seems ok to me.

Cool, I always think it's interesting to get views from opposing fanbases during bowl season. Teams are usually so unfamiliar with each other. Do report back or include links to free and active boards you find...

As for the matchup, it's obviously going to be tough for MN, but Auburn fans should likely bite their tongues a bit. 10 point Sagarin spread (tighter in Vegas), two 1,000 yard WRs, multiple likely draft picks. They're undoubtedly more talented on paper, but this ain't gonna be a walk in the pakr.

Auburn fans should feel confident, they have the higher ranked team. Add in the SEC arrogance and I am not surprised at all to see many of their fans predicting a blowout. Will be a tough test for the Gophers and we will need to play our best game of the season, but I am confident that Fleck will have them ready to go on Jan 1st.

Just watched a preview video on the OutBack bowl from the Sec network and the analysts are so arrogant I hope we beat them and every sec team loses their bowl game

Didn't think they were that arrogant except that they seemed to assume that the best defenses in the SEC (of which Auburn is one) have to be better than the best defenses in the Big Ten. If they checked the stats, they would see that: four Big Ten defenses (OSU, Wisconsin, PSU, and Iowa) are ranked ahead of them in Scoring Defense and six Big Ten defenses (OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, IA, us, and Mich St) are ranked ahead of them in Total Defense. They wondered how well Tanner would do when faced with an elite defense like Auburn. We faced three very elite defenses already (granted, we lost to 2 of those 3 teams).

Who cares what the Auburn fans write about.
Auburn is not a stellar example of an academic institution. Not too long ago the town did not even have a book store when people actually bought and read books in hand.

While I have esteem for education and literacy, I'm not sure how those factors are relevant to evaluating a future bowl game.

I work with a lot of LSU fans. They’ve always come across as SEC-arrogant, but they were saying this morning that they really think Auburn was the 2nd best SEC team this year. They said “Auburn would beat PSU. Auburn would beat Michigan.”
I just said “we’ll see!”

Auburn is the 2nd best team in the SEC and a Gopher win would be a huge upset. Living down here in the Panhandle of Florida...lots of Auburn faithful. Beating Alabama is their super bowl and I expect them to have a let down...plus I think 2-3 of their top players will sit out to prepare for draft. Hope Fleck doesn't play it conservatively...we nothing to lose in a loss and everything to win in a win...go for broke! Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah! Row the Boat!

I hope fleck plays aggressive whole game especially on offense

Anyone finding any additional fan forums? I appreciate the two suggestions so far. Aufamily.com and the Auburn part of secrant.com

AUFamily.com is your best bet if you want to get a feel for Auburn football without paying anything; I'd stay away from the Rant site, it's pretty much garbage.

Yes, you will find an SEC arrogance with Auburn fans, but those that have been around also have a healthy respect for the Big Ten. It hasn't been so long ago that Wisconsin ran all over us in our most recent trip to the Outback bowl. That game really wasn't as close as you'd think an overtime game should have been.

As for the perspective from inside "The Loveliest Village On The Plains" the consensus four weeks ago was that Malzahn would be replaced at year's end. The guru of the hurry up no huddle (HUNH) has become incredibly predictable and the offensive side of this team does not strike fear in the hearts of DC's around the SEC. Our read option is really just a tailback dive as our RB's rarely run outside the tackles. We've got good depth at that position with Whitlow being the feature guy. Our QB is young and has not progressed in his fundamentals (57% completion)...most critics would say because of the simplicity of the routes and the general weakness of our offensive line. You would think with five seniors it would be a position of great strength. As a unit they are adequate in pass protection but not good in the zone run blocking scheme. WR is also a position of strength with Seth Williams being the go to guy. Depending on health #5 (Schwartz) will be arguably the fastest player on any field on New Year's day...set a U18 world record in the 100 meters (10.15) in '17. When he runs the jet sweep, it's actually a jet.

The primary concern is that we will have some guys on the defensive side of the ball skip the bowl. The D line is about as good as any in the country with Derrick Brown being defensive player of the year in the conference and the other tackle Davidson was player of the week in conference four times. Linebackers are young but very fast. DB's will play mostly man coverage and have at times played lights out. Safeties are very good (not great) and all of them tackle as well as any secondary in the country. Special teams have been up and down, gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown to the Updykes in the Iron Bowl. Punter is an Australian kid who mostly hasn't lived up to the rave reviews that have come out of practice for the last two years. Field goal kicker is young, has a big leg and has been put in position to fail often in his first two years. He did go 4 for 4 last weekend.

As for the bowl, there is a better than average chance this team will sleep walk in Tampa on game day. Malzahn coached teams have become pretty wretched in the post season.

As for me, I'm excited for ya'll (see what I did there). I have great respect for Fleck, he's obviously a great motivator and his kids seem to genuinely love playing for him. He's a breath of fresh air in contrast to the smugness of some of his Big Ten counterparts (Harbaugh, Franklin, Dantonio, Frost, et al). Hoping you guys can stomp a mud hole in Columbus in the coming years.

War Eagle,
PowerOfDixieland
AU '88

AUFamily.com is your best bet if you want to get a feel for Auburn football without paying anything; I'd stay away from the Rant site, it's pretty much garbage.

Yes, you will find an SEC arrogance with Auburn fans, but those that have been around also have a healthy respect for the Big Ten. It hasn't been so long ago that Wisconsin ran all over us in our most recent trip to the Outback bowl. That game really wasn't as close as you'd think an overtime game should have been.

As for the perspective from inside "The Loveliest Village On The Plains" the consensus four weeks ago was that Malzahn would be replaced at year's end. The guru of the hurry up no huddle (HUNH) has become incredibly predictable and the offensive side of this team does not strike fear in the hearts of DC's around the SEC. Our read option is really just a tailback dive as our RB's rarely run outside the tackles. We've got good depth at that position with Whitlow being the feature guy. Our QB is young and has not progressed in his fundamentals (57% completion)...most critics would say because of the simplicity of the routes and the general weakness of our offensive line. You would think with five seniors it would be a position of great strength. As a unit they are adequate in pass protection but not good in the zone run blocking scheme. WR is also a position of strength with Seth Williams being the go to guy. Depending on health #5 (Schwartz) will be arguably the fastest player on any field on New Year's day...set a U18 world record in the 100 meters (10.15) in '17. When he runs the jet sweep, it's actually a jet.

The primary concern is that we will have some guys on the defensive side of the ball skip the bowl. The D line is about as good as any in the country with Derrick Brown being defensive player of the year in the conference and the other tackle Davidson was player of the week in conference four times. Linebackers are young but very fast. DB's will play mostly man coverage and have at times played lights out. Safeties are very good (not great) and all of them tackle as well as any secondary in the country. Special teams have been up and down, gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown to the Updykes in the Iron Bowl. Punter is an Australian kid who mostly hasn't lived up to the rave reviews that have come out of practice for the last two years. Field goal kicker is young, has a big leg and has been put in position to fail often in his first two years. He did go 4 for 4 last weekend.

As for the bowl, there is a better than average chance this team will sleep walk in Tampa on game day. Malzahn coached teams have become pretty wretched in the post season.

As for me, I'm excited for ya'll (see what I did there). I have great respect for Fleck, he's obviously a great motivator and his kids seem to genuinely love playing for him. He's a breath of fresh air in contrast to the smugness of some of his Big Ten counterparts (Harbaugh, Franklin, Dantonio, Frost, et al). Hoping you guys can stomp a mud hole in Columbus in the coming years.

War Eagle,
PowerOfDixieland
AU '88
I somehow missed this post earlier. Thanks for the reply. I have been genuinely impressed with the thoughtful, good stuff that has appeared on Gopherhole from Auburn fans since the Outback Bowl teams have been announced.

Here's another Auburn site that is mostly free.

Beware that some of the posters on this site and AUFamily.com are college Coach of the Year Want-a-bees or Certified Psychoanalysts. I usually read and not post on these sites, it's better for my blood-pressure.

I see Auburn as in the same category as Wisconsin. Beating Auburn without Faalele is the same order of challenge as beating UW without him, plus doing it away from home. Not easy, but I think we all agree that the Gophs can play better than they played against Wisconsin, and you'd figure they've learned some things from that experience. What the Gophers did to Georgia Tech last year with that much prep and healing time was impressive, so I'm anywhere from hopeful to optimistic that we'll give them a good game.

Top Bottom