Auburn fans

Who cares what the Auburn fans write about.
Auburn is not a stellar example of an academic institution. Not too long ago the town did not even have a book store when people actually bought and read books in hand.
Their win over OR was at the start of the season and AL was without their star QB.
Given the quality wins and SOS Auburn as up to a ten point favorite seems ok to me.
Ouch! I guess there is a misconception outside of the South, but Auburn is a very well respected research institution especially in the fields of engineering, architecture, agriculture, and veterinary medicine. For a long while (haven't checked recently), Auburn trailed only Purdue in the number of alumni to fly in space - in fact, the STS-4 mission was an all Auburn shuttle mission. Also, Auburn graduates rank very highly in career salary expectancy trailing only Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and Florida among SEC intitutions. And - the bookstores have always (since the late 1800's) sold books, except on gamedays of course!

Now that that is out of the way, I am looking forward to a hell of a game. I am a Coach Fleck believer and your receivers scare the hell out of me. I hope that we can disrupt your passing game by getting to the quarterback with our front 7, but I also anticipate that your staff will gameplan for that and get the ball out quickly.

Either way, i expect a heavyweight fight and if we don't bring it and show up with focus and motivation we lose this thing.

Good luck and no injuries all around!

Some Auburn fans have convinced themselves they will be playing the JV team from New Ulm.

Auburn Fan 1 said:
Well considering we have the clear talent advantage and a few of Minnesota's better players are choosing to sit out, I'm running to my bookie right now to lay the 7 points before the line goes up. Again I would like to remind y'all, over the last 5 years, Minnesota has averaged recruiting about 20-25 spots lower than Mississippi State. We should overwhelm them and that's exactly what I expect to see.

Auburn Fan 2 said:
I watched a little of their game with Wisconsin. They played with them for about a quarter and a half and were actually leading early in the game. Their defense is no where near SEC levels. Their defensive line is big but they don't appear to be very quick with the exception of one defensive end who put a little pressure on Wisconsin's QB until their offensive line got their blocking assignments squared away. Their linebackers did not appear very active or effective and their DB's do not seem to play very tight man coverage. I think our offense will eat them up. I know our defense will eat up their offense. Their receivers have average speed.

Who cares what the Auburn fans write about.
Auburn is not a stellar example of an academic institution. Not too long ago the town did not even have a book store when people actually bought and read books in hand.
Their win over OR was at the start of the season and AL was without their star QB.
Given the quality wins and SOS Auburn as up to a ten point favorite seems ok to me.
Yet reviewing a few of the conversations here and in OT, MN is the cradle of civilization? o_O

Some Auburn fans have convinced themselves they will be playing the JV team from New Ulm.

So did the Georgia Tech fans last year. Anyway, someone should tell them that only one player has announced that he’s skipping the game so far, and he’s been hurt 1/2 the season anyway. He’s somewhat replaceable. There could be more, but we don’t know that. Winfield has already said he’s excited about playing in the game. If he were to sit out, it would be equivalent to Brown skipping the game for Auburn. TJ sitting would be bad too, but I’m expecting him to play. Coughlin will probably play too. I’m not too worried about that.

Yet reviewing a few of the conversations here and in OT, MN is the cradle of civilization? o_O
I like it. Yeah it's a Minnesota insecurity thing. I travel a lot for work and many of my friends are surprised when I tell them about the taxes or buildings and instantly it turns to education. Yeah but they have to go to school down there (insert condescending tone). Like you have to have insanely high taxes to get an education. Anyhow back to the task at hand...Auburn is the superior team on paper with better croots and talent that's true. However, game is not played on paper. Guess we will see what happens. I would say we don't match up well but I bet it's a better game than you think it will be and yes the JV team did show up at home and crap the bed against Wisconsin. I heard they are not making the trip to Tampa however.

Ouch! I guess there is a misconception outside of the South, but Auburn is a very well respected research institution especially in the fields of engineering, architecture, agriculture, and veterinary medicine. For a long while (haven't checked recently), Auburn trailed only Purdue in the number of alumni to fly in space - in fact, the STS-4 mission was an all Auburn shuttle mission. Also, Auburn graduates rank very highly in career salary expectancy trailing only Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and Florida among SEC intitutions. And - the bookstores have always (since the late 1800's) sold books, except on gamedays of course!

Now that that is out of the way, I am looking forward to a hell of a game. I am a Coach Fleck believer and your receivers scare the hell out of me. I hope that we can disrupt your passing game by getting to the quarterback with our front 7, but I also anticipate that your staff will gameplan for that and get the ball out quickly.

Either way, i expect a heavyweight fight and if we don't bring it and show up with focus and motivation we lose this thing.

Good luck and no injuries all around!
Auburn is tied for #104 with 13 other respected schools in the US News rankings. There definitely is a perception up north that education is lacking in Alabama, which is doesn't fit with Auburn's reputation.

As far as football is concerned, we hoping to prove that the Gophers can match up with some of the best the SEC can bring.

National University Rankings

Last edited:

Remember those Penn State fans who came by to tell us repeatedly how much more talented they were? Remember how they told us that our receivers are just average....nowhere near as good as KJ Hamler? Remember when they said Morgan doesn’t win games for us? Of course, these people didn’t watch the games they were judging. I assume they were blinded by team recruiting rankings, and box score stats. Anyway, after the game, not one of them was ever heard from around here again.

Top Bottom