Athan time??

With the OL performance that showed up last Saturday, it would have been tough going for whoever they put in at QB. Multiple guys not showing up for game day on the OL against BG. Painful to watch
If your o-line is not playing well AND you’re handing off the ball 80% of the time, why not have a mobile QB take the snaps.

Kramer is not the #2...more likely #4. His play Saturday was specific to the Wildcat. The fact that PJ put him in specifically for the wildcat tells me he's not looking at Kramer as his #2 or #3 QB. He's a situational QB right now.
Do you recall who came in late when Morgan got hurt in Iowa City two years ago?

Bobby Bowden (RIP) used to say that if someone is not working out you have to put someone else in there. I just don;t think that it should be Athan.

Jim Tressel, however, is PJ’s mentor. And evidently, he said “Never ever create a QB controversy. Pick one guy, play him until he graduates or dies.”

0-2 with an INT? Yep, remember. Annexstad was out all of 2019. Questioned at the time why Fleck didn't put in the guy who had the better arm, Clark. Annexstad came in and finished the Colorado game.

Suggesting a different QB after the way the offense has looked recently isn't crazy. Suggesting the true freshman over any of the other options already on the roster is nuts.

Me thinks maybe the OP recently watched Varsity Blues.....

Toooooniiiiiiiiiigggggggght .......... we play Beeeeeng-vuuuulllll.

Toooooniiiiiiiiiigggggggght .......... WE. BEAT. BEEEENG-VULLL!!!!

Jim Tressel, however, is PJ’s mentor. And evidently, he said “Never ever create a QB controversy. Pick one guy, play him until he graduates or dies.”
Also famously said "Look, players need tatoos. OK? That's just how it is. They've got to be tatted up to the gills. Look good, feel good, play good, F__ good, amiright???"

Annexstad was hurt, and there was concern about Jacob Clark's redshirt.
Clark and Kramer, who was ahead on depth chart was clear as mud that year.

?? I don't recall this. Talking 2019 Iowa game, not the 2018 Iowa game where he basically was hobbling around with a broken body, and Fleck still wouldn't pull him.

Correct.
Annexstad was the freshman walk-on QB in 2018. Beat Tanner out for the job. Eventually he got to hurt to play and Tanner finished.
2019 Open competition. Rumors were ZA was winning the job, but then he hurt his foot and got put in a boot. Rumors about him possibly returning at very end of year, but nothing for sure.
2019 - Tanner QB's the whole season. Get's hurt in Iowa. ZA couldn't play. Earlier in the year, both Kramer and Jacob Clark had some plays. JC had one nice 39 yard completion against Maryland.
WR who caught that ball has since transferred.

Compare the ball JC through and the one Kramer through at Iowa and IMO, it's clear who the better deep ball thrower is. Kramer is a better runner of course.

Correct.
Annexstad was the freshman walk-on QB in 2018. Beat Tanner out for the job. Eventually he got to hurt to play and Tanner finished.
2019 Open competition. Rumors were ZA was winning the job, but then he hurt his foot and got put in a boot. Rumors about him possibly returning at very end of year, but nothing for sure.
2019 - Tanner QB's the whole season. Get's hurt in Iowa. ZA couldn't play. Earlier in the year, both Kramer and Jacob Clark had some plays. JC had one nice 39 yard completion against Maryland.

Compare the ball JC through and the one Kramer through at Iowa and IMO, it's clear who the better deep ball thrower is. Kramer is a better runner of course.

Go to 2:34 of this video for Clark.

Go to 1:59:00 for Kramer

Correct.

Thanks, forgot about ZA foot injury in 2019.

Correct.

You are comparing a garbage time throw against a defeated Maryland team into single coverage where the wideout had a step and 4th & 21 into double coverage as the clear evidence? By that logic Michael Chang is a better tennis player than Ivan Lendl because of one match in 1989

I think we should go with Pickerign, I'd like a statue back there instead
Hey man, hat's off to that kid.

True walk-on -- ie, Rudy -- never had any realistic chance to ever play, likely never will play other than mop-up (if that), as far as I know has never and probably never will get a scholarship, shows up to every home game with a vest on doing (probably fake) signals (assuming he doesn't get to travel to away games), probably doesn't even get to run the scout team anymore because they want the new freshman taking those snaps, and has never quit. All out of passion for Gophers football.

Could probably go play for St Thomas, but wants to stay.

Hey man, hat's off to that kid.

True walk-on -- ie, Rudy -- never had any realistic chance to ever play, likely never will play other than mop-up (if that), as far as I know has never and probably never will get a scholarship, shows up to every home game with a vest on doing (probably fake) signals (assuming he doesn't get to travel to away games), probably doesn't even get to run the scout team anymore because they want the new freshman taking those snaps, and has never quit. All out of passion for Gophers football.

Could probably go play for St Thomas, but wants to stay.
He was in Colorado -- but I can't attest to seeing him at any other away game in the last 5 years

Then I'm wrong about him not traveling, which is great. Good for him!
I think he had to pay his own way because he was staying at the Millenium Harvest (or at least had a car parked there) and I saw him in the parking lot ~7am when we were tailgating.

You are comparing a garbage time throw against a defeated Maryland team into single coverage where the wideout had a step and 4th & 21 into double coverage as the clear evidence? By that logic Michael Chang is a better tennis player than Ivan Lendl because of one match in 1989
It's the only tape I have.
I liked Jacob Clark's throw better.

If the coaches go with Kramer, that's fine too. I don't care that much.

It's the only tape I have.
I liked Jacob Clark's throw better.

If the coaches go with Kramer, that's fine too. I don't care that much.
Fair -- I was more piqued by you saying clear -- regardless I was with you that my uneducated opinion thought it was odd that we threw Kramer out there when Clark had made a nice throw a week (or two) prior

I just think the question is funny... is this Gopher football we're talking about? Suggesting 4 wide and chucking the ball around the bank, like we're Texas Tech under the pirate. If nothing else, the times have certainly changed, to have this as a discussion.

?? I don't recall this. Talking 2019 Iowa game, not the 2018 Iowa game where he basically was hobbling around with a broken body, and Fleck still wouldn't pull him.

Yeah, he looked like Daniel LaRusso at the All-Valley finale versus Maryland and shouldn’t have played but he was moving around decently versus Iowa and Nebraska. He’s a QB not a RB so good to go. IIRC he may have had three separate injuries that year. One leg, then the other, then chest. Them the foot fracture was the second fall practice following year, unsure if subsequent the injury from the prior year.

I just think the question is funny... is this Gopher football we're talking about? Suggesting 4 wide and chucking the ball around the bank, like we're Texas Tech under the pirate. If nothing else, the times have certainly changed, to have this as a discussion.
I remember when I wanted Mike to come here, they weren't going to hire him even if he was a canidate ... but I'm also kinda happy we didn't hire him...

Yeah, he looked like Daniel LaRusso at the All-Valley finale versus Maryland and shouldn’t have played but he was moving around decently versus Iowa and Nebraska. He’s a QB not a RB so good to go. IIRC he may have had three separate injuries that year. One leg, then the other, then chest. Them the foot fracture was the second fall practice following year, unsure if subsequent the injury from the prior year.
The ankle injury was on the 2nd play of the Miami OH game -- that is, the 2018 game. So, he was hurting for that one too.

Could not evade pressures for sacks. Maryland had their way with him.

The next game Tony Nelson (Iowa) made Schlueter look like a 7th grader. They finally had to get Faalele in there, as a true freshman, just to try to slow him down. Worked too!

Top Bottom