Athan: I love this culture. I love this team. I can’t wait to get after it this off-season with the guys!

Hoping he is healthy/recovered from the bowl game.

His HS coach told our group at the bowl game that KC almost left for Rutgers three weeks ago. AK came to the U because of Kirk and if he left there is possibility he follows him. This is not over by any means.

That literally cannot be true.

KC was at Penn State during Athan's senior year of high school, and KC was at West Virginia during Athan's freshman year of college at Minnesota.

He may have committed to the U when KC was here, but came to the U when KC was no where to be found.

So, I don't think the bolded part can be accurate.

His HS coach told our group at the bowl game that KC almost left for Rutgers three weeks ago. AK came to the U because of Kirk and if he left there is possibility he follows him. This is not over by any means.
Not doubting his HS coach or whatever but there is zero reason for Athan to tweet what he did if he is considering leaving. All that would accomplish would be to make him look bad if he did transfer.

This is becoming As the World Turns

This is becoming As the World Turns
It doesn't have to be. Here is what we have.....we have a direct tweet from Athan saying he is excited to get to work with his teammates in the off season that was put out after it was known that KC was leaving.

on the other side

We have a second hand report from a poster who claimed to have talked to his high school coach during the bowl game.

To each their own I guess but I am going to put more stock in the direct words from Athan over the second hand words from another poster.

I mean I guess maybe Athan and his high school coach are super tight and talk all the time but they haven't been together on a regular basis for over 2 years.

KC was at Penn State during Athan's senior year of high school, and KC was at West Virginia during Athan's freshman year of college at Minnesota.

He may have committed to the U when KC was here, but came to the U when KC was no where to be found.

So, I don't think the bolded part can be accurate.
I would think Simon at least recruited Athan's brother Dino, a WR. So if anything, might be more familiar with Simon than Kirk.

It doesn't have to be. Here is what we have.....we have a direct tweet from Athan saying he is excited to get to work with his teammates in the off season that was put out after it was known that KC was leaving.

on the other side

We have a second hand report from a poster who claimed to have talked to his high school coach during the bowl game.

To each their own I guess but I am going to put more stock in the direct words from Athan over the second hand words from another poster.

I mean I guess maybe Athan and his high school coach are super tight and talk all the time but they haven't been together on a regular basis for over 2 years.
Athan isn’t going anywhere in my opinion.

Last edited:

on the other side

But Athan didn’t say which teammates…maybe he means Rutgers!

I heard from his girlfriends best friends roommates dog sitter he owns a scarlet shirt. Just sayin.

Seems like you couldn't be more wrong here.

Even without Athan's tweet, you think he is going to give up a clear path to starting the next 3 years for a P5 program that has been winning 9 games a year in one of the clear two best conferences in America? There are only a handful of programs out there with a better opportunity available.

Seems like you couldn't be more wrong here.

Even without Athan's tweet, you think he is going to give up a clear path to starting the next 3 years for a P5 program that has been winning 9 games a year in one of the clear two best conferences in America? There are only a handful of programs out there with a better opportunity available.
Yeah but.....Minnesota.....so worst case is only viable option......his words don't matter.....just making it up or saying it to trick us.....Lou Holtz....everyone is always going to abandon us...

or something like that.... :)

The coach said the other reason AK ended up at the U was that we were the only program that recruited his brother, which was smart. He said KC had felt insulted when Rossi got a big raise and he didn’t.

The coach said the other reason AK ended up at the U was that we were the only program that recruited his brother, which was smart. He said KC had felt insulted when Rossi got a big raise and he didn’t.
I mean, he not only had left but also we only won the same number of games as last year. Like there's nothing in the performance this year that says "big raise" over "normal raise"

So, I don't think the bolded part can be accurate
It’s 100% accurate. Kirk was the main recruiter for him and he is Kirks guy.

And yet he felt compelled to tweet about how excited he was to get to work with his current team even though the guy who recruited him just left.

KC had left MN, coached PSU a full season and been fired by the time AK signed the LOI. Maybe KC did the original contacting and recruiting, but definitely no follow up over the last year before AK signed.

Could this be a tweet like an owner giving a vote of confidence about their HC and or GM? 🤪

Wow quite the relationship KC and AK’s high school coach have. Usually you need agree to coach more than one season to get a raise.

Top Bottom