As of today, 4,700 tickets remain for TCU game

I just hope all the ones on Stub Hub sell too.

95%+ of the tickets on Stubhub will sell no matter what. Unlike the school the brokers who have tickets have the ability to drastically adjust prices and will likely sell at whatever prices the market dictates. Occasionally, if it rains or if there is absolutely no interest in an event you will see 100s of tickets left unsold at kickoff/first pitch/etc, but given the circumstances there is virtually no chance there will be more than 50-100 tickets on Stubhub come game time. The only question now is what will the secondary market prices look like: will it be a $30 - $40 get-in or will tickets be going for $70+?

Source: I'm a recreational, online ticket scalper. I currently have 82 tickets for the TCU game and have been watching very closely. I may post a more in-depth analysis on whether/when it will sell out and dive into ticket prices next week.

95%+ of the tickets on Stubhub will sell no matter what. Unlike the school the brokers who have tickets have the ability to drastically adjust prices and will likely sell at whatever prices the market dictates. Occasionally, if it rains or if there is absolutely no interest in an event you will see 100s of tickets left unsold at kickoff/first pitch/etc, but given the circumstances there is virtually no chance there will be more than 50-100 tickets on Stubhub come game time. The only question now is what will the secondary market prices look like: will it be a $30 - $40 get-in or will tickets be going for $70+?

Source: I'm a recreational, online ticket scalper. I currently have 82 tickets for the TCU game and have been watching very closely. I may post a more in-depth analysis on whether/when it will sell out and dive into ticket prices next week.

I would interested to hear what you have to say. I think it would be very hard to make any money, given the fees that you have to pay to Stubhub etc.

Licking a frog? I hear that's a good way to catch something.

funny-duck-high-frog-lick.jpg

GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL
A TRUE MINNESOTA TEAM

GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL
A MINNESOTA ORIGINAL

GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL
TRULY MINNESOTAN

Get the effing word out there.

GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL
NAGURSKI, SMITH, ELLER,GIEL...... KILL

Anyone have any insight into student season ticket numbers? I know they are giving away 5,000 to freshman for this game but I'm wondering what the rest of the section will look like.

Anyone have any insight into student season ticket numbers? I know they are giving away 5,000 to freshman for this game but I'm wondering what the rest of the section will look like.

We probably won't really know until they all get on campus.

I just checked this out and football student season tickets don't seem to be available to buy? It doesn't say "Sold Out" for football like it does for hockey, but when you click to buy any bundle including football tickets, you get a message stating that 'too few are available', whatever that means.

Also, for what it's worth, the U is not selling any single game student tickets to the TCU game at all. If you want to get a student pass, it seems you either had to buy a season student ticket (which from first glance appear to already be sold out) or be one of the freshmen getting the free tickets.

Just got a tweet that less than 2,000 tickets remain.

3000 sold on 1 week. I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of marketing for this game. Why spend a bunch more on advertising if it will already sell out?

I just checked this out and football student season tickets don't seem to be available to buy? It doesn't say "Sold Out" for football like it does for hockey, but when you click to buy any bundle including football tickets, you get a message stating that 'too few are available', whatever that means.

Also, for what it's worth, the U is not selling any single game student tickets to the TCU game at all. If you want to get a student pass, it seems you either had to buy a season student ticket (which from first glance appear to already be sold out) or be one of the freshmen getting the free tickets.

I emailed the office asking about buying extra student tix and here's what I got back

Thank you for the email. Students can purchase guest passes in person at Mariucci arena or day of game at TCF Stadium. Our office hours for Mariucci are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. You will need to have your U card on you to purchase the guest pass. Student tickets and guest passes for TCU will either go on sale next week or day of game depending on our availability as we are still selling season tickets at this time. The remainder of the games will go on sale September 8th. There isn't any priority on-sale for student season ticket holders, we typically do not sell out of student tickets/guest passes as the student section for football is so large.

So sounds like they're anticipating there will be plenty of room in the student section as of right now.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just tried to buy a maroon package online and it seemed to take me all the way to checkout. They must have just stopped selling football only.

3000 sold on 1 week. I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of marketing for this game. Why spend a bunch more on advertising if it will already sell out?

:drink:

Has anybody told Chicken Little about this yet?

Should see a Reusse article next week stating that since this game is a sellout, it proves he is correct that we are way to focused on football at the U of M and we need a new AD that can guarantee sellouts for track and field.

Top Bottom