As fans - how excited are you for this basketball season?

Im less excited about this season than the last two seasons for sure, though I'm ALWAYS pumped for Gopher hoops. I mean, last season we had a ton of experience and the season before we were supposed to have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. Before that, Tubby was still new and people sort of rode this wave of perpetual enthusiasm for awhile. Everyone was jacked up before the season regardless of the players. We had TUBBY SMITH as a coach! Now, its all about the players.

Outside of Mbakwe, there are just too many question marks on this team. Honestly, I could see this team finishing anywhere between 4th and 11th and I think most will agree with that.

I am excited to see Andre and Oto. No one agrees with me, but I do have some size concerns about Andre. I've heard he's anywhere from 6-1 to 6-3. on Howard pulley tape, he looks tiny, but flashy. I think Lindys said some compare Oto to Hummell. But that magazine also insinuated that RSIII was a leader and called Mbakwe a "decent" defensive rebounded.

Neutral - You have no reason to be concerned about Andre's size. He is tall enough, very strong, very athletic and can score. I predict he will be a fan favorite early in his career.

I've stood directly next to Andre and we're almost exactly the same height. Don't understand the size concerns about him. He's at the very least 6'1", but I'll give him 6'2". For a college point guard that is more than adequate. Plus like CDH27 mentioned he is very athletic and strong for a young guard. Size should be the least of people's worries about Andre unless he moves to shooting guard, which I don't anticipate.

I'm pumped for the season. Brought my 6 year old to MM and he loved it. I am always looking forward to the season.. and truthfully, Tubby seemed energized when he came out of the locker.. throwing punches and ready to take on the year. I am with SS, I don't need the message board or the media to dictate my excitement. Actually, because of the inept ability of our other teams in this state, I am latching onto Gopher hoops more.

I'm not terribly excited.

If we find a point guard I'll open myself to the possibility of getting excited.

How will we, um, score?

I hope everyone is ready for the return of tubby-ball. I am absolutely pumped to watch this team.

Remember during the tourney, people said VCU played like Tubby teams played before his later tenure at UK. I am excited to see him get back to that!

I'm not terribly excited.

If we find a point guard I'll open myself to the possibility of getting excited.

How will we, um, score?

We have a lot more scoring options this year than last. I'm assuming the Gophers will fastbreak a ton. They could be very fun to watch.

Over the last couple of years pretty much if something could go wrong it would go wrong. I started out both years thinking that we had the makings of a great team, one that could go deep into the NCAA's.

We are all so conditioned to expect something to go wrong, this Trevor rumor spread like wild fire. The rumor had little merit thankfully.

Trevor is the key to this year's success. He has the potential to dominate most games, in my opinion. Teams will have to minimally double him down low. If Otto and others can hit from the outside consistantly, then this can be a terrific team this year. I am actually more concerned about our ability to hit from the outside then I am our point guard play. I believe that one of the three candidates at point will step up and the other two will serve well as back ups.

So, I am once again very excited. This team will go deep into the NCAA's. We have had so much bad luck recently, that this year it is our turn to have most of the good luck.

I hope everyone is ready for the return of tubby-ball. I am absolutely pumped to watch this team.

Remember during the tourney, people said VCU played like Tubby teams played before his later tenure at UK. I am excited to see him get back to that!

he is going into his 5th year at Minneasota. so we should expect pretty much what we have already seen.

he is going into his 5th year at Minneasota. so we should expect pretty much what we have already seen.

It is also the first year with entirely Tubby Smith recruits and the first year I can recall when Tubby specifically said they'd play faster this year in a letter to season ticket holders.

It is also the first year with entirely Tubby Smith recruits and the first year I can recall when Tubby specifically said they'd play faster this year in a letter to season ticket holders.

Having a full squad would probably help. The last two years have been completely derailed by not having a full compliment of players to go to, whether injury, or suspensions, or dismissals, whatever. If we can just get through this year with all the players on the roster contributing in some way, I think we'll be in good shape, especially going forward. It's not like there's no talent on this team. They just gotta put it together.

Top Bottom