Arkansas HC Bobby Petrino caught lying during motorcycle crash press conference

CBS tweet:

"Ark AD Jeff Long: "At 8:30, I informed coach that I was gonna put him on administrative leave while I take the time to review this matter."

Go Gophers!!

This is getting interesting... Next maybe we'll hear something very interesting caused the crash.

Hard to do THAT whilst riding a motorcycl.

He looks pretty roughed up in this photo. Broken ribs, cracked vertebra. How did the girl walk away without even a hospital visit? We don't know the details, but that's pretty miraculous.

ncf_u_petrino11_600.jpg

Hmmmm..... Try to explain her to the ball and chain:

Jessica Dorrell Bio - University of Arkansas Athletics
May 2, 2011 ... Jessica Dorrell, a former All-SEC volleyball player, became the first female member of the fundraising staff of the Razorback Foundation in ...
www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID...

I also saw that Dorrell is engaged to be married in June. Drama!

Is it going to be called BP's The Motorcycle Diaries? :cool:I hope it will be better than Che Guevara's version.

Petrino is slime ball and everything bad that is happening to him is part of his karmic predicament.

However, is Arkansas really going to fire their coach, who has been pretty successful for hooking up with someone other than his wife?

Good friends son is the starting center for the Razorbacks. They are really desperate to keep up with the big boys of the SEC, so I doubt he gets canned unless something else comes up when they start snooping around. Petrino is a slime ball.

It sure doesn't help things that Petrino lied to his boss and made him look bad. If Petrino had been honest with the AD, it would have all been swept under the table now something has to be done. They may not fire Petrino but they very well might make everything public after an investgation. I wonder if Petrino's wife has hired a divorce lawyer yet?

Petrino is slime ball and everything bad that is happening to him is part of his karmic predicament.

However, is Arkansas really going to fire their coach, who has been pretty successful for hooking up with someone other than his wife?

He proved that with how he left Atlanta when he came to Arkansas. I don't know how any parents of a recruit can trust the guy.

"Arkansas HC Bobby Petrino caught lying during motorcycle crash press conference "

It gets back to the adage: If ya don't lie, you don't have to worry about what you said."

Hmmmm..... Try to explain her to the ball and chain:

Jessica Dorrell Bio - University of Arkansas Athletics
May 2, 2011 ... Jessica Dorrell, a former All-SEC volleyball player, became the first female member of the fundraising staff of the Razorback Foundation in ...
www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID...

I also saw that Dorrell is engaged to be married in June. Drama!

Blond,high waisted, big rack, volleyball player. The epice downfall of a 50 year old guy going through a mid-life crisis.

"Arkansas HC Bobby Petrino caught lying during motorcycle crash press conference "

It gets back to the adage: If ya don't lie, you don't have to worry about what you said."

We're all human and can F-up, but it seems that if you don't put yourself in a position where its tempting to lie, life goes more smoothly. Maybe he could have learned from the Tiger fiasco.

It sure doesn't help things that Petrino lied to his boss and made him look bad. If Petrino had been honest with the AD, it would have all been swept under the table now something has to be done. They may not fire Petrino but they very well might make everything public after an investgation. I wonder if Petrino's wife has hired a divorce lawyer yet?

Fairly similar incident happened to Rick Pitino. He was up front about it with his AD and I'm not sure it was mentioned one single time during the NCAA tourney. Wife decided to stay on too.

When you are an offensive genius, you get a job in the NFL. When you get a job in the NFL, you lose games. When you lose games, you take a job at Arkansas. When you live in Arkansas, you get bored. When you get bored, you go looking for strange. When you go looking for strange, you find strange. When you find strange, you take it for a ride on your motorcycle. When you take strange for a ride on your motorcycle, she reaches around and grabs your junk. When she grabs your junk, you wreck your motorcycle. When you wreck your motorcycle, you end up at a press conference in a neck brace. Don't end up at a press conference in a neck brace...switch from cable and upgrade to DirecTV

When you are an offensive genius, you get a job in the NFL. When you get a job in the NFL, you lose games. When you lose games, you take a job at Arkansas. When you live in Arkansas, you get bored. When you get bored, you go looking for strange. When you go looking for strange, you find strange. When you find strange, you take it for a ride on your motorcycle. When you take strange for a ride on your motorcycle, she reaches around and grabs your junk. When she grabs your junk, you wreck your motorcycle. When you wreck your motorcycle, you end up at a press conference in a neck brace. Don't end up at a press conference in a neck brace...switch from cable and upgrade to DirecTV

Well done, DeltaHog.

Deltahog!

Always good to see you post here.

Funny stuff. Nice to see you can see clearly on this topic.

What do think they should do with him? I agree with others here...they won't can him but not good to put your boss in this position.

GM

:pig:

Bobby Petrino, as a person from his actions that are public that we know of, is a total slime ball. They should can him to teach him a lesson. But, I doubt it will happen.

HAHA....Best thing I have read on here in a while!

I don't know.
I think he stays unless it comes down to the legal side.
I expect four game suspension without pay.

Our AD was beyond pissed the other night.

Do I want him fired?
Mixed emotions being a Christian Razorback fan.
(Insert typical sec fan comment here)

Would I be upset if he was fired? No
Would I be upser if he was not fired? No

He seems like a complete jerk and he shouldn't have lied about what happened.

However, it's kind of like the Bill Clinton thing, yeah he lied, but c'mon, how many men in their situation are going to be completely frank?

I don't blame Arkansas for doing what they have to do, but I think a year from now people will barely remember this, and two years from now, it's a non-story. Look at Pitino.

Bob_Loblaw said:
I think a year from now people will barely remember this, and two years from now, it's a non-story. Look at Pitino.
Disagree totally. When a guy is fooling around on his wife and has little kids people tend to not forget - nor should they!

I wish Petrino would bring sexual-advance charges against her, she is at fault in this too, ya know. :cool02:

If it was just a case of infidelity Petrino would slide by ,but the sexual harassment angle, when his mistress is a member of the athletic department, can't be ignored. I think in the end ,thats the deal breaker, the potential liability to the University of Arkansas is just too great.

Top Bottom