Arizona supposedly closing in on HC

I think the biggest reason it may not be as good of job as Arizona is because you are competing with UCLA for attention and recognition in the media. In Arizona you're the only game in town and your not sharing media attention with another well known basketball school.

I guess the appeal of one job over another is truly in the eye of the beholder. I see the benefit to USC is you don't have tons of pressure because you are not the only game in town, still make a huge salary, tons of talent in your backyard, and you live in a major metropolitan area that has everything possible.

I highly doubt that Jamie Dixon takes the USC. His mentor Ben Howland is across town at UCLA. Why would he want to go to his mentors biggest rival when he has it good at Pitt. Don't look for Mark Few to take the USC job. Maybe Sean Miller will. If USC wanted to take a risk and get some what of an unproven coach, yet succussful, they could go with Brad Stevens from Butler. Otherwise I have no idea.

Possible landing spot for Gillespie?

I see Gillispie sitting out this year enjoying his fat payout from Kentucky and then going to Texas Tech next year when Pat Knight gets fired. Gillispie is a Texan and is very well respected there after leading two successful programs there.

Tim Floyd staying at USC

It appears that Floyd agreed with some of you on the board-or he's waiting to see what Memphis might throw his way. Regardless, Arizona is still without a coach and they're quite a ways down their list of candidates now. Their AD Jim Livengood is getting hammered pretty good by the AZ faithful.

I'm sure AZ prefers a glamour name, but Pennell can coach and shouldn't be out of work for long.

Top Bottom