Apparently this video of freshman WRs imprssed Marcus

The "we haven't seen them in a game so we don't know a damn thing about them" attitude is getting really tiresome.
. We heard the same thing about McDonald and Harbison so don't get too excited ! Maybe we should get excited about our current WR and take shots downfield on Ist down !

. We heard the same thing about McDonald and Harbison so don't get too excited ! Maybe we should get excited about our current WR and take shots downfield on Ist down !

McDonald got kicked off the team for doing cocaine and Harbeson tore his ACL and was never the same after that. They both were good enough to play and contribute in the first game of the season as true freshman. Their departures had nothing to do with lack of talent.

McDonald got kicked off the team for doing cocaine and Harbeson tore his ACL and was never the same after that. They both were good enough to play and contribute in the first game of the season as true freshman. Their departures had nothing to do with lack of talent. Both were not good enough to beat out the upper classmen You have a bad memory - mcDonald didn't do anything when he played and Harbison caugh zero passes when healthy ! You get way too hyped on the un proven young players - let's focus on who's on the field for the bowl game and find ways to get them involved in the offense

McDonald got kicked off the team for doing cocaine and Harbeson tore his ACL and was never the same after that. They both were good enough to play and contribute in the first game of the season as true freshman. Their departures had nothing to do with lack of talent. Both were not good enough to beat out the upper classmen You have a bad memory - mcDonald didn't do anything when he played and Harbison caugh zero passes when healthy ! You get way too hyped on the un proven young players - let's focus on who's on the field for the bowl game and find ways to get them involved in the offense

Like I said, McDonald was a true freshman and Harbeson just wasn't the same after his ACL tear. Like others have pointed out, when the coaches have talked up players more times than not they end up being solid contributors if not outstanding players.

Like I said, McDonald was a true freshman and Harbeson just wasn't the same after his ACL tear. Like others have pointed out, when the coaches have talked up players more times than not they end up being solid contributors if not outstanding players.
. Harbison was not very good and couldn't beat out the upperclassmen and caught zero passes in two years - went to Div 2 as a RB and McDonald was given many chances to succeed. He is out of football now ! All we heard was how good they were going to be . My point is let's not over hype players until they produce on the field. I hope they turn out to be good players but in this system the WR are not featured thus causing frustrated players. You need to the WR some balls early in the game - we don't do that do we. Do we every get some quick outs to get the WR and Qb's some early confidence

. Harbison was not very good and couldn't beat out the upperclassmen and caught zero passes in two years - went to Div 2 as a RB and McDonald was given many chances to succeed. He is out of football now ! All we heard was how good they were going to be . My point is let's not over hype players until they produce on the field. I hope they turn out to be good players but in this system the WR are not featured thus causing frustrated players. You need to the WR some balls early in the game - we don't do that do we. Do we every get some quick outs to get the WR and Qb's some early confidence

Harbison was an opening day starter his freshmen season., so he certainly did beat out the upper class "talent" (if you want to call it that). Tore his ACL that same game and never made it back to the top of the depth chart.

Harbison was an opening day starter his freshmen season., so he certainly did beat out the upper class "talent" (if you want to call it that). Tore his ACL that same game and never made it back to the top of the depth chart.

Shut up and quit dreaming. Focus on the game at hand. If you overlook Mizzou they will bit you're tiger candy as$! We real gopher fans deal in the now, we deal in FACTS. Can you touch Harbison? NO? He's a ghost, a ghost I tell you!

Shut up and quit dreaming. Focus on the game at hand. If you overlook Mizzou they will bit you're tiger candy as$! We real gopher fans deal in the now, we deal in FACTS. Can you touch Harbison? NO? He's a ghost, a ghost I tell you!

Good point - Harbison never caught a pass in a gopher uniform and is gone ! Let's get the ball to KJ Maye and are other WR early and put some pressure on their D so we can have some balance !

Calm down. No need to get in a tizzy because I said Matt Kloss, Derrick Engel, and Brandon Green didn't have any talent who all combined for 2 touchdowns of our 19 passing touchdowns in 2012.

Just sitting here wondering after reading this asinine thread......Is there anything that the media (in any form) could report about the Gophers (or not report about the Gophers) that wouldn't piss you people off?

Relax. He said "they look the part." Think a second longer about what "look the part," means, and you'll understand the purpose of his video. You're angry that you watched a 40 second clip of next years highly touted recruiting class? Yet, you'll waste what will likely equate to years of your life overanalyzing a retweet from a 17 year old kid that lives 1500 miles away? Let's get a grip on reality. The only difference between you and him is a paycheck. Admit it, that's the part that really irks you. Jealousy.

Ironically, the majority around here are ready to call Gentry and Holland All-Americans. But, when a media member says they "look the part," a ****-storm erupts, and it's blasted to the point of getting personal. Oh, and the same media member you're blasting is where you got the information on which you had based your initial opinion. I find it hilarious, yet it makes me feel dumber for reading it. Kind of like when my wife feels the need to watch the Kardashians.

Complain they don't report enough, complain they report too much, complain they're negative on the program, and complain they're overly positive on the program. Complain, complain, complain. There is more time spent complaining about the newspapers around here than actual football conversation. Who really cares? Do you even know what you really want out of them anymore? Or is it just fun to whine?

Why don't you just stop reading/listening/watching if you hate it so much? (I mean really stop, not just say you stop and ask for a copy/paste).

I'm just glad the newspapers put out things to read/watch about the Gopher Football team. That wasn't happening when this program was a laughing stock. To me, reporting just for the sake of reporting, because they know it will get hits, is refreshing. Besides, what else would I do at work all day......work?

Just sitting here wondering after reading this asinine thread......Is there anything that the media (in any form) could report about the Gophers (or not report about the Gophers) that wouldn't piss you people off?

Relax. He said "they look the part." Think a second longer about what "look the part," means, and you'll understand the purpose of his video. You're angry that you watched a 40 second clip of next years highly touted recruiting class? Yet, you'll waste what will likely equate to years of your life overanalyzing a retweet from a 17 year old kid that lives 1500 miles away? Let's get a grip on reality. The only difference between you and him is a paycheck. Admit it, that's the part that really irks you. Jealousy.

Ironically, the majority around here are ready to call Gentry and Holland All-Americans. But, when a media member says they "look the part," a ****-storm erupts, and it's blasted to the point of getting personal. Oh, and the same media member you're blasting is where you got the information on which you had based your initial opinion. I find it hilarious, yet it makes me feel dumber for reading it. Kind of like when my wife feels the need to watch the Kardashians.

Complain they don't report enough, complain they report too much, complain they're negative on the program, and complain they're overly positive on the program. Complain, complain, complain. There is more time spent complaining about the newspapers around here than actual football conversation. Who really cares? Do you even know what you really want out of them anymore? Or is it just fun to whine?

Why don't you just stop reading/listening/watching if you hate it so much? (I mean really stop, not just say you stop and ask for a copy/paste).

I'm just glad the newspapers put out things to read/watch about the Gopher Football team. That wasn't happening when this program was a laughing stock. To me, reporting just for the sake of reporting, because they know it will get hits, is refreshing. Besides, what else would I do at work all day......work?

Wow, your recent entry to GH sure has been enjoyable. Based on length I am wondering if you are wren? I will give you credit - you didn't flat out make up things that someone said in this post to make a point (as you did to me yesterday), so you are making progress. Of course, I'm still disappointed you didn't follow through on your 'threat' to stop posting. One can hope that'll come in the New Year...

I'm going to do my absolute best to focus on who's on the field and find ways to get them involved in the offense.

Wow, your recent entry to GH sure has been enjoyable. Based on length I am wondering if you are wren? I will give you credit - you didn't flat out make up things that someone said in this post to make a point (as you did to me yesterday), so you are making progress. Of course, I'm still disappointed you didn't follow through on your 'threat' to stop posting. One can hope that'll come in the New Year...

Hmm...passive-aggression again. lol. Did I hit a nerve? I'm sorry. Sure, I'll be you're wren (must be an inside thing?)

I didn't threaten to stop posting, only said I likely won't last long reading your drivel (stop flat-out making things up that I said, hypocrite). Sorry to disappoint. And I didn't make up a word. I took that from the post that you said was "spot on." I thought you would be able to follow....I apologize. I'll know better next time.

Oh, and you flung the first passive-agressive insult, I was merely debating a football opinion (which is what I thought was the point of this place, am I wrong?) before being called "ingnorant." If you don't want to take it, don't dish it out. Stop acting so butt-hurt and suck it up.

Just stop reading my posts and ask someone to copy and paste them somewhere else if you hate them so.....

Where is this even coming from? Did you actually read through this thread? Literally one person in this whole thread said something negative about the video/tweet. That was the OP. Others since have said essentially what you said. Somehow to you one person equates the entire board?

No one else said anything negative about Marcus here. It's obvious to me you are looking for something that isn't even here.

I didn't threaten to stop posting, only said I likely won't last long reading your drivel

Wrong. You did. Something about a fast entry/exit.

And I didn't make up a word. I took that from the post that you said was "spot on."

Wrong. And you have already been proven wrong on this point in that other thread (post #89 in the Maxx thread).

No worries Bulldog. In 1-day I think you have made what your contributions to this site will be well known. We know your kind around here.

Let's cut to the chase...what's up with that! ^^^ Can you offer us a picture of her keester?

Anyone have any suggestions on why I get "the video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

God's will or karma. Take your pick.

I'm so tired of people complaining about complainers. People stop complaining and everyone complains about how dead it is. Then people complain and here come the complainers about the complainers. Make up your mind!

complain complain, just don't read the complainers! Why don't you just ignore complaining threads if you hate it so much? I'm glad for the complainers, but I'm tired of the complaining about complainers.

Let me, the urbane Dean, the highest on the social pecking order, pontificate on complaining. Entertain me, fools!

Entertain me! Entertain me! Entertain me!Entertain me! Entertain me!

Top Bottom