Apparently this video of freshman WRs imprssed Marcus

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
His expectations must be pretty low for this video to stand out.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcus is there at practice.

Marcus is there at practice.

I know, that's what the video is from.

But the media is only at practice for 20 or so minutes, which includes stretch time. He thinks the WRs look the part in this video. They may be great and I hope they are, but this video isn't a proof point.

But the media is only at practice for 20 or so minutes, which includes stretch time. He thinks the WRs look the part in this video. They may be great and I hope they are, but this video isn't a proof point.

He is not saying it is a "proof point".

His quote was "...freshmen WRs who definitely look the part even playing catch."

I would assume that to mean that he sees physical attributes like their time in the weight room, length, maybe he saw them as fluid in their movements during practice. I wouldn't take too much time analyzing this tweet by itself.

I'm as hopeful as anyone about this group, but would a video of DII or NFL WRs playing catch look any different than that? It's dudes playing catch on the sideline? It makes me wonder if the wrong video is loading for me.What I see is the most ordinary looking video he could have posted.

Marcus likes how football players expose their abs...

Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me?

Look the part, meaning physically look bigger and stronger than what we have on the field. Pretty simple to see.

Marcus likes how football players expose their abs...

Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me?

I remember we used to only see it from fat lineman in the SEC. Now everyone does it, I guess. Maybe it's a heat thing.

Anyone have any suggestions on why I get "the video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

Anyone have any suggestions on why I get "the video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

I'm guessing either your server or your network failed, or your the format within your operating system is not supported by the video format.

This thread ia already too long. Let me help.

I'm guessing either your server or your network failed, or your the format within your operating system is not supported by the video format.

Um, thanks. I don't know how I didn't think of that myself. Oh wait...

Alright Kill me, since your server doesn't support it, I'll walk you through it:

.01 - .10 All eyes are clearly on #3. Throws a couple nice passes. Catches one off to his left. Two hands, looks it in all the way.

.11 - .20 It's #84's turn. He must have attended the Jed Fisch throwing school. #3, another good catch. It's Video Bombed by #13 who walks in and out of the clip.

.21 - .30 Both 84 & 3 throw nice balls to #21 & #26. Decent catches. They throw the ball back.

.31 - .40 #26 tries a one handed catch. Good athletic attempt, but nope...ball falls off harmlessly to his left. #21 makes a nice catch. He looks the part. Throws it back.

.41 - .45 #13 is back. This time he's palming the ball. Flexing it up and down. Doesn't drop. Video ends.

By the way:

#3 - Jerry Gibson
#84 - Isaiah Gentry
#13 - Desmond Gant
#21 - Melvin Holland Jr
#26 - Brian Smith

Alright Kill me, since your server doesn't support it, I'll walk you through it:

.01 - .10 All eyes are clearly on #3. Throws a couple nice passes. Catches one off to his left. Two hands, looks it in all the way.

.11 - .20 It's #84's turn. He must have attended the Jed Fisch throwing school. #3, another good catch. It's Video Bombed by #13 who walks in and out of the clip.

.21 - .30 Both 84 & 3 throw nice balls to #21 & #26. Decent catches. They throw the ball back.

.31 - .40 #26 tries a one handed catch. Good athletic attempt, but nope...ball falls off harmlessly to his left. #21 makes a nice catch. He looks the part. Throws it back.

.41 - .45 #13 is back. This time he's palming the ball. Flexing it up and down. Doesn't drop. Video ends.

This was funny.

Who needs video? That was almost like actually watching it -- maybe better. Can you do that for me Thursday afternoon? I'm not sure if my TV supports ABC format.

Posts like these are why I still go to message boards haha

I'm now glad I opened this thread. They threw it back lol!

By the way:

#3 - Jerry Gibson
#84 - Isaiah Gentry
#13 - Desmond Gant
#21 - Melvin Holland Jr
#26 - Brian Smith

If this video shows all the RS freshmen playing catch on the sideline, does that speculate that Connor Krizancic is the mystery freshman that will be transferring?

If this video shows all the RS freshmen playing catch on the sideline, does that speculate that Connor Krizancic is the mystery freshman that will be transferring?

Krizancic made the trip. So did DRM and he was seen taking reps in one of the Citrus Bowl report videos from gopher sports.

It's not proof of anything, but they all look much better coming out of the tunnel than some of the recent WRs on the roster...

The quality of the video work is outstanding. The players are stationary and throwing passes and the camera person is picking them up at least 50% of the time.

The quality of the video work is outstanding. The players are stationary and throwing passes and the camera person is picking them up at least 50% of the time.

Aggievision intern

Isaiah Gentry is the real deal. Believe me. Holland isn't far behind.

LMFAO Bravo, sir, bravo!!! Seriously one of the best posts I've ever seen.

Top Bottom