Anyone See Another Win?

I say we beat either rutgers or wisco, maybe both however unlikely. Gonna need a big upset in there if we want a bowl, i think we can do it.

Northwestern State next September.
Good one! Since the season is toast, I'd love for a 2-10 record to really heat up PJ's seat. I know we can't buy him out for a few years, but maybe a couple seasons like Brewster's last half season and the admin will have to can him.

"F-I-R-E PJ", "F-I-R-E PJ"....

I say we beat either rutgers or wisco, maybe both however unlikely. Gonna need a big upset in there if we want a bowl, i think we can do it.
Love your optimism. If we win four this will be as good as season as we can get with the chaos that is our current program. in year eight. Injuries, fluke games, etc. happen all the time in College Football so I may be wrong, but outside of UCLA, I really don't even see another win and their ability to hang with LSU on the road for a long while suggests maybe they're "growing" as our head cheerleader likes to say.

Iowa's offense is not as good as we made them look. We'll be able to move the ball on some of the teams we play, but I don't think we'll be able to stop anybody.

I do hope the SID tones down the prowess of our O-line in the game notes. It's painful to watch them getting whipped like 6 week old puppies when the nattering nabobs are telling folks that our offense line is massive and really good.

Love your optimism. If we win four this will be as good as season as we can get with the chaos that is our current program. in year eight. Injuries, fluke games, etc. happen all the time in College Football so I may be wrong, but outside of UCLA, I really don't even see another win and their ability to hang with LSU on the road for a long while suggests maybe they're "growing" as our head cheerleader likes to say.

Iowa's offense is not as good as we made them look. We'll be able to move the ball on some of the teams we play, but I don't think we'll be able to stop anybody.

I do hope the SID tones down the prowess of our O-line in the game notes. It's painful to watch them getting whipped like 6 week old puppies when the nattering nabobs are telling folks that our offense line is massive and really good.
I mean, im not far off of what you predicted. I think these next 2 weeks will set us up for future success regardless of the result. Iron sharpens iron.
Also, I don't think this program is chaotic, this fanbase is.

I mean, im not far off of what you predicted. I think these next 2 weeks will set us up for future success regardless of the result. Iron sharpens iron.
Also, I don't think this program is chaotic, this fanbase is.
The program is not chaotic - it is consistent. Consistent in its losing. Consistent in its boring and predictable style of play. Consistent in being completely incapable of overcoming any deficit of 7+ points. Consistent in getting absolutely drilled by our main "rivals" (who I can't imagine think of us as real competition anymore - it's more like playing little bro and 1/10 times when you aren't paying attention he hits a hail mary and pulls one out). Consistent in its inability to have any explosive plays. Chaos would at least be fun.

I think the next two weeks will leave us shell-shocked - not in a better place. USC & MI have better D-lines than Iowa.

For B1G wins this year, yeah maybe you get 2 of 3 vs UCLA, MARY, Rutgers, but that's probably the ceiling. Have to win that game v Maryland coming out of a bye.

would be great to see them win the Jug on Saturday. That would change the narrative.
They'll win the Jug, beat USC, lose the next five, take the Axe back, and go to another APR bowl which they'll win. And no one will have any idea how the hell to assess this season because wins against the defending national Champs, USC, and Wisconsin will make any kind of obfuscation about how good or bad we actually are or how bad our coaching staff actually is impossible. Or we lose out. It's very Minnesota either way.

would be great to see them win the Jug on Saturday. That would change the narrative.
I'd love to see it, too. Love it. But PJ's record in trophy games (apart from Nebraska!) is really, really bad. Claeys and Limey almost pulled off a Michigan upset with a creative game plan and daring plays; would have won with decent clock management at the end.

But, under PJ, we seem to enter trophy games with an adequate first half game plan and then self-immolate in the second half when our opponent makes adjustments that our coaches neither anticipated nor have real-time ability to counter. Iowa is good not great, but destroyed us in the second half. Michigan will do the same, even if we hang with them in the first half. Might have a chance against Wisconsin, but it will be because of Wisconsin's deficiencies, not our strengths.

Go Gophers.

At this point it depends which team shows up. The one that played the bulk of the first half against Iowa can win quite a few games on the remaining schedule.

The one that showed up during the second half will have a tough time beating anyone.

These next couple games will show us a lot in terms of how the team competes even if they don't get the W against a couple of ranked opponents.

Consistent in getting absolutely drilled by our main "rivals" (who I can't imagine think of us as real competition anymore - it's more like playing little bro and 1/10 times when you aren't paying attention he hits a hail mary and pulls one out).

How can it be 1/10 times when Minnesota has won 3 of the last 6 with the Badgers?

I'd love to see it, too. Love it. But PJ's record in trophy games (apart from Nebraska!) is really, really bad. Claeys and Limey almost pulled off a Michigan upset with a creative game plan and daring plays; would have won with decent clock management at the end.

But, under PJ, we seem to enter trophy games with an adequate first half game plan and then self-immolate in the second half when our opponent makes adjustments that our coaches neither anticipated nor have real-time ability to counter. Iowa is good not great, but destroyed us in the second half. Michigan will do the same, even if we hang with them in the first half. Might have a chance against Wisconsin, but it will be because of Wisconsin's deficiencies, not our strengths.

Go Gophers.
I was a bit disappointed to hear that PJ felt comfortable after the half to back to the run game since they had the lead. That is a "halftime adjustment" that did not need to be made. He admitted that and said it would not happen again, but I guess we will see.

Everyone now knows the Gophers struggle against the run. At this point, the only team I see the Gophers matching up with up front is UCLA, unless some drastic improvement is made.

They'll win the Jug, beat USC, lose the next five, take the Axe back, and go to another APR bowl which they'll win. And no one will have any idea how the hell to assess this season because wins against the defending national Champs, USC, and Wisconsin will make any kind of obfuscation about how good or bad we actually are or how bad our coaching staff actually is impossible. Or we lose out. It's very Minnesota either way.
This is actually exactly how it’s going to go down.

PJ always gets his players to play hard so I'm confident they'll pull off some wins even if some more losses pile up. The schedule isn't so daunting that they'll get 0-fer.

They're going to have to figure out a way to be better on offense. Outside of 2 drives they were nonexistent vs Iowa.

PJ always gets his players to play hard so I'm confident they'll pull off some wins even if some more losses pile up. The schedule isn't so daunting that they'll get 0-fer.

They're going to have to figure out a way to be better on offense. Outside of 2 drives they were nonexistent vs Iowa.
We played 1 really good half vs Iowa and one extremely bad half. Hopefully we can go back to how we played in the first half.

How can it be 1/10 times when Minnesota has won 3 of the last 6 with the Badgers?
Because that depends on the length of time we are choosing but if we did everything 2000 and after, yeah 1/10 sounds about right when thinking a combined record against IA and WI. I don't know maybe it's more like 1/8 or such but it isn't good.

And we celebrate 3 of 6, absolute parity, against our main rival that has also not been a good team during this time frame. We're not really winning this battle, we're just not getting pounded as our usual M.O.

The gophers could win any game left on the schedule. Probably finish with 5 wins is my guess.

Nobody in the conference is that far apart from each other aside from Ohio state and Oregon IMO

Iowa may finish 3rd.

Because that depends on the length of time we are choosing but if we did everything 2000 and after, yeah 1/10 sounds about right when thinking a combined record against IA and WI. I don't know maybe it's more like 1/8 or such but it isn't good.

And we celebrate 3 of 6, absolute parity, against our main rival that has also not been a good team during this time frame. We're not really winning this battle, we're just not getting pounded as our usual M.O.
Since 2000 it’s 5/25

Which is 1/5 not 1/10

Add in Iowa and it’s 6/26

Which makes it 11/51

Which is, again, 1/5 not 1/10

We played 1 really good half vs Iowa and one extremely bad half. Hopefully we can go back to how we played in the first half.
We played one good half on defense. We played one good quarter on offense.

Yes, 8 games left leave an opportunity to win some games. Cannot predict the outcomes yet. Played one bad half against Iowa. Don't think Brosmer played that bad. Defense needs to make the plays that are there to be made. Your never as bad as you think unless your on a consistent losing streak. We have to play well but we will see the Gophers wins some games.

Top Bottom