Anyone See Another Win?

I dont think we are great but most of our opponents aren't real good either. Michigan has a glorified RB playing QB, USC just lost to that RB, Maryland isn't great, ucla is awful, Illinois is solid but nothing special, is anyone afraid of Kaliakmanis? I'm sure not, Wisconsin has a backup QB who isn't good. Again not saying we are great, we certainly aren't, but to say we aren't winning another game seems like a big over reaction.

I dont think we are great but most of our opponents aren't real good either. Michigan has a glorified RB playing QB, USC just lost to that RB, Maryland isn't great, ucla is awful, Illinois is solid but nothing special, is anyone afraid of Kaliakmanis? I'm sure not, Wisconsin has a backup QB who isn't good. Again not saying we are great, we certainly aren't, but to say we aren't winning another game seems like a big over reaction.
Well said, there are no layups left on the schedule but there are absolutely games we can win.....all comes down to how we play.

Well said, there are no layups left on the schedule but there are absolutely games we can win.....all comes down to how we play.
If we had a creative coach, who is willing to take chances… But we don’t

Since 2000 it’s 5/25

Which is 1/5 not 1/10

Add in Iowa and it’s 6/26

Which makes it 11/51

Which is, again, 1/5 not 1/10
So it is bad - 1 win every 2-3 years. I was making a little brother analogy not a claim on records. This includes 0-14 stretches against WI and 1-8 against IA. These have also been pretty mediocre to poor teams which are propped up record and defensive numbers-wise by playing in the insanely weak B1G West, which includes bad squads like the Gophers.

Anyway I hope we win a few in conference this year.

So it is bad - 1 win every 2-3 years. I was making a little brother analogy not a claim on records. This includes 0-14 stretches against WI and 1-8 against IA. These have also been pretty mediocre to poor teams which are propped up record and defensive numbers-wise by playing in the insanely weak B1G West, which includes bad squads like the Gophers.

Anyway I hope we win a few in conference this year.
Same

We've typically played up to conference teams who are supposed to beat us (the only outlier I can remember was Penn State last year). We play like shit against the teams we should handle. I will be pleased but unsurprised if we steal one of the next two or both, as I mentioned, because there's a lot of hype around those teams being perrenial bluebloods with high yearly expectations. And we've turned the Wisconsin game back into a rivalry since PJ got here. The rest, well, I expect very little, because when you expect a win with this team they kick you square in the giblets.

If we win 3 more games, I'll be pleasantly surprised. We obviously looked really inept on both sides of the ball in 2nd half vs. Iowa. Last years' defensive melt down has me traumatized as well. I have little confidence these coaches can fix anything and our players are just average (at no fault of their own). I truly hope I'm wrong, but all the excitement i had of a new season is already gone. We wait so many months for the fall, and the joy disappears in a flash.

I’ll be cheering on the rodents at The Rose bowl for the victory, all games after that are toss ups.

Wisconsin may be a shambles. They are 14 point underdogs to USC. Gophers are 8.5 point underdogs to Michigan that just beat USC. Wisconsin is a win.

UCLA.

1 of Maryland or Rutgers.

That's five.

Gophers have shown they are willing to pass. If the offensive line improves a lot could happen. Gophers have Darius Taylor. Nobody knows about the defense. Imagine Brosmer's best quarter for 3 quarters. Will that happen?

This is college football so absolutely anything can happen. The team looked like absolute garbage early in 2019 and salvaged it. Obviously that’s likely already out of reach but there is some talent on this team. Can the coaches wring it out of them.

Wisconsin may be a shambles. They are 14 point underdogs to USC. Gophers are 8.5 point underdogs to Michigan that just beat USC. Wisconsin is a win.

UCLA.

1 of Maryland or Rutgers.

That's five.

Gophers have shown they are willing to pass. If the offensive line improves a lot could happen. Gophers have Darius Taylor. Nobody knows about the defense. Imagine Brosmer's best quarter for 3 quarters. Will that happen?
Yeah I think 5 is prettt doable

UCLA
Wisconsin
Maryland
Rutgers
Illinois
You can win 3 of those 5

If we do go 5-7 regular season, get into a bottom tier bowl game, win that, then 2024 was very similar to 2023 with 6-7 records and now can claim six bowl wins "in a row" (excluding 2020 season, which I will let you decide if that's valid or invalid)

Hoping to get to the zoo Saturday AM. Can follow the game on my phone and catch the 4th quarter in the car if needed.

I was optimistic. At this point I just don’t really care. Very glad I don’t have season tickets anymore.

Yeah I think 5 is prettt doable

UCLA
Wisconsin
Maryland
Rutgers
Illinois
You can win 3 of those 5
I tend to agree with you.
Here's the deal though...I stumbled on the McDonalds 5 for $5 deal today. I was quite pleased with it.
So, I wouldn't bet my lunch ..that the Gophers actually achieve 3 or more wins.

We will be lucky to win another game. This team is simply not good at all. I have not been more down on the future of this program since the days of Jim Wacker. NIL $$ and the Gophers lack thereof being a huge factor.

We have 4 winnable games left on the schedule. UCLA, Maryland, Rutgers, and Wisconsin.

Illinois potentially, but we haven't done well lately against them.

I say we win 3 more games.
Can't escape the idea that Rutgers will clean our clock and have a good time doing it.

I have come to realize that I am a reactionary fan. If we beat Michigan I will see no reason that we can't win-out. If we lose badly I will not see another win on the schedule. So, my expectations fluctuate with every game. Not proud of it, but that's me.

I have come to realize that I am a reactionary fan. If we beat Michigan I will see no reason that we can't win-out. If we lose badly I will not see another win on the schedule. So, my expectations fluctuate with every game. Not proud of it, but that's me.
You're a good guy, I have no doubt. You have the rare ability to be introspective and then honest about what you find. Hats off to you.

Top Bottom