Anyone know which running backs are available today?

According to BTN Tailgate they are a game time decision along with Lindenberg. Lindenberg did practice some this week.

I think I heard some coach earlier in the week discuss that the RBs were likely going to be Sean Tyler and Jordan Nubin, although we "might get some good news" on another back (probably Taylor, who seemed less injured than Evans (who was in a walking boot); Bryce is out for season, as is LeCaptain). I am assuming Tyler and Nubin are the starting tandem, but wouldn't mind seeing Williams or Max Grand get some run, if either is physically ready to play.

Yeah, haven't heard much of him lately, was there talk of him redshirting? If he plays, I hope he's fast like his favorite car:

He came in at 175 pounds. Maybe they wanted to give him a year to bulk up.

Hopefully it's not too windy today. Sean Tyler might blow away.

Tyler has the east and west speed. Who is going to be our north south 4 yards after contact guy today ? #nervous

Sean "Bowling Pin" Tyler is supposedly a featured back. He needs to earn his reputation today -- and not the one about the bowling pin falling over.

I mean we know we don't have them today. Doesn't mean we won't have them for the games after this one.
Let's go by what we know, Evans is in a boot, at the minimum an ankle sprain. a low or regular sprain 1 to 2 weeks, a high one 4 to 5, maybe. Taylor was seen grabbing his hamstring depending on severity anywhere from a couple of weeks to out for the season. If Taylor is on the sideline without crutches he will likely be back this season.

I bet Cole Kramer gets more run. I'm not saying it is what I'd do, but I'm guessing we see a little more Kramercat.

I think I heard some coach earlier in the week discuss that the RBs were likely going to be Sean Tyler and Jordan Nubin, although we "might get some good news" on another back (probably Taylor, who seemed less injured than Evans (who was in a walking boot); Bryce is out for season, as is LeCaptain). I am assuming Tyler and Nubin are the starting tandem, but wouldn't mind seeing Williams or Max Grand get some run, if either is physically ready to play.
you are the winner, sir!

Just got back from the game. I came away really impressed with Nubin at RB today. He showed good patience in the outside zone with some strength in busting through the seams. Just as importantly, he made several really key blocks that I'm not used to seeing running backs make. As good as the defense played, this kid deserved a game ball.

Just got back from the game. I came away really impressed with Nubin at RB today. He showed good patience in the outside zone with some strength in busting through the seams. Just as importantly, he made several really key blocks that I'm not used to seeing running backs make. As good as the defense played, this kid deserved a game ball.
He’s more valuable in our scheme (power runner; excellent blocker) than Tyler. And he holds the ball. Just hope we don’t burn him out.

Was going to say, almost 40 carries?

No human could last a whole P5 season doing that every game. We burn up our backs.

But for a guy maybe 5th(?) down the depth chart, awesome game!

He’s more valuable in our scheme (power runner; excellent blocker) than Tyler. And he holds the ball. Just hope we don’t burn him out.

I'm guessing the kid has no problem with some heavy carries. He has fresh legs. Plus, the cooler weather is more conducive to a heavier workload.

Regarding his blocking, I can't say enough good things. The RB blocking often doesn't show up on the TV screen, but he made some excellent hard hitting blocks in space...which is hard to do.

So did he just play out of his mind??

How was he down 5th on the depth chart?? Seems clearly better than BW and Tyler.

We have our “pair and a spare” now. :)

So did he just play out of his mind??

How was he down 5th on the depth chart?? Seems clearly better than BW and Tyler.

We have our “pair and a spare” now. :)

Yeah, he obviously played well, but he basically took advantage of good run blocking by the O-line and TEs. They opened up seams off tackle all day and he hit them hard.

I don’t think BW if healthy could’ve done that well and Tyler has been disappointing.

But good point the blocking was great

Tyler might as well go back to the Portal. Coach mentioned his drop(s) in the postgame as why he's not on the field unless absolutely needed. Not good for the future unless there's some kind of anti-fumbling implant that they can put in. Sorry for him.

I'm guessing the kid has no problem with some heavy carries. He has fresh legs. Plus, the cooler weather is more conducive to a heavier workload.

Regarding his blocking, I can't say enough good things. The RB blocking often doesn't show up on the TV screen, but he made some excellent hard hitting blocks in space...which is hard to do.
Jordan met blitzing LBs head-on. Didn’t avoid contact; ran to it. Big reason AK8 had time to throw on some plays. Had a good game on the ground when he had the ball—but showed grit and courage when he didn’t have the ball. Make that scholarship permanent!

Tyler might as well go back to the Portal. Coach mentioned his drop(s) in the postgame as why he's not on the field unless absolutely needed. Not good for the future unless there's some kind of anti-fumbling implant that they can put in. Sorry for him.
Is this Tyler’s final year?

Top Bottom