Anyone know which running backs are available today?

Yeah, he obviously played well, but he basically took advantage of good run blocking by the O-line and TEs. They opened up seams off tackle all day and he hit them hard.
If it as easy as taking advantage of good blocking, Sean Tyler would have had 150 yards, too. First RB to 200 yards in a game this year?

Yeah, he obviously played well, but he basically took advantage of good run blocking by the O-line and TEs. They opened up seams off tackle all day and he hit them hard.
There were also a few times I was really impressed with his vision. There were clearly some big holes, but I believe there was one 10 yard run early in the 4th that stuck out as he made something out of nothing. I definitely didn’t expect that out of our 5th guy off the bench.

Was going to say, almost 40 carries?

No human could last a whole P5 season doing that every game. We burn up our backs.

But for a guy maybe 5th(?) down the depth chart, awesome game!
Add to that the number of blows he absorbed in flawless pass protection.

If it as easy as taking advantage of good blocking, Sean Tyler would have had 150 yards, too. First RB to 200 yards in a game this year?
Sean Tyler does not get 150 yards today. He goes down too easy and doesn’t have the vision to follow the blocking. If Tyler doesn’t fumble on the second play of the game we might not have won. Coaches have a tendency to stick with starter even when he is not producing, as long as he doesn’t fumble.

I give Tyler some credit for the win by clearing the way early f

Sean Tyler does not get 150 yards today. He goes down too easy and doesn’t have the vision to follow the blocking. If Tyler doesn’t fumble on the second play of the game we might not have won. Coaches have a tendency to stick with starter even when he is not producing, as long as he doesn’t fumble.

I give Tyler some credit for the win by clearing the way early f
….. for clearing the way to get Nubin a full game.

Just got back from the game. I came away really impressed with Nubin at RB today. He showed good patience in the outside zone with some strength in busting through the seams. Just as importantly, he made several really key blocks that I'm not used to seeing running backs make. As good as the defense played, this kid deserved a game ball.
Jordan met blitzing LBs head-on. Didn’t avoid contact; ran to it. Big reason AK8 had time to throw on some plays. Had a good game on the ground when he had the ball—but showed grit and courage when he didn’t have the ball. Make that scholarship permanent!

Yup. He did great picking up blitzes. And it wasn't just slowing down a defender by getting in their way (like a lot of back do). He was throwing legit blocks. Great to see.

I mean ... it helps when his brother was already on the team, and his other offers were Pioneer League schools (conf that St Thomas is now in).

Would be nice to get one of the freshman rbs healthy again. Nubin proved he is a B1G rb against MSU.

Top Bottom