Anyone here going to be in Las Curces for the NMSU game?

If my daughter in Phoenix will give me airfare from Fargo to Phoenix, we will be there. Only 400 miles from Phoenix to Las Cruces, driving distance.

Just this January I flew into the Albuquerque airport to visit my grandparents up near Espanola. Drove directly past the NMSU campus and football stadium. Too bad I wasn't heading down for the game.

Planning on it, and probably going solo, so if there are any get-togethers on Friday night or game day, I'd certainly be game.

Just this January I flew into the Albuquerque airport to visit my grandparents up near Espanola. Drove directly past the NMSU campus and football stadium. Too bad I wasn't heading down for the game.

You were probably driving by the University of New Mexico, not New Mexico State University, since Espanola is north of Albuquerque. Las Cruces, home of NMSU, is about 300 miles south of where you were.

You were probably driving by the University of New Mexico, not New Mexico State University, since Espanola is north of Albuquerque. Las Cruces, home of NMSU, is about 300 miles south of where you were.

You should have taken a left at Albuquerque.

lol, yup you are correct. It was UNM that I drove past. I would have been in the wrong place otherwise.

I'm still trying to convince my wife for us to spend game day in Las Cruces, then header on down to Mexico for a little vacation.

Was planning to go, then was offered a job at a different corporate bank than what I previously worked at. So, with recently starting a new job, unfortunately, I am unable to attend. :cry:

I am an officer at a city here in NM and I will be going as well as my fellow co-worker...Were both die hard Gopher fans

Is "Las Curces" NM, near "F' in' A" UT? How about "No Sh!t" NE?

This might be the only game I get a chance to attend, so I'll definitely be there... Possibly alone. A tailgating buddy or two would be awesome.

Is this thing going to find a home on TV? I'm starting to be concerned.

I know last years UNLV game in Vegas was on CBS Sports Network (Correct me if I'm wrong) , I believe. I had to call in to get a "Special sports package" just to get the game on TV, even though I already had BTN + all there overflow BTN Channels, NFL Network/Redzone, Golf Channel, etc.

So, it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar circumstance for the NMSU game as well. Do not know what the MWC uses as far as a network though.

**EDIT**: NMSU is the the WAC, not MWC, my bad...

Actually, the WAC has disbanded as a football conference. NMSU is playing this season as an independent, then moving to the Sun Belt in 2014. Probably doesn't make things any easier for getting the Gophers game televised. CBS Sports Net already has Colorado State-Tulsa and Arizona-UNLV scheduled for that night.

I know last years UNLV game in Vegas was on CBS Sports Network (Correct me if I'm wrong) , I believe. I had to call in to get a "Special sports package" just to get the game on TV, even though I already had BTN + all there overflow BTN Channels, NFL Network/Redzone, Golf Channel, etc.

So, it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar circumstance for the NMSU game as well. Do not know what the MWC uses as far as a network though.

Yes, UNLV was on CBS Sports. NMSU isn't in any conference, they're independents, but will join the Sun Belt next year.. Big Ten network doesn't control away games, to the best of my knowledge. I dug this up in an old thread, but the Big Ten network did run the telecast for an IU game on the road (if I'm remembering things correctly).

Is "Las Curces" NM, near "F' in' A" UT? How about "No Sh!t" NE?
:clap:

It is near T or C. :rolleyes:

As someone said in another thread we used to call it, "Lost Causes". I went to school there for four years before coming to the U. Las Curces is close enough! Still, I wish we could go there for this game...

Does NMSU being an independent this season make it possible for BTN to broadcast the game since they wouldn't be stepping on any other conferences toes in terms of TV rights?

Does NMSU being an independent this season make it possible for BTN to broadcast the game since they wouldn't be stepping on any other conferences toes in terms of TV rights?
I don't know, but the game is at 7pm (our time). BTN already has the rights for Sryacuse/NW and Southern Miss./Nebraska scheduled for 6pm that night. In addition, the website also says that they have "Regional Coverage' for Navy at Indiana at 6 pm. My level of concern has not decreased.

Yes, UNLV was on CBS Sports. NMSU isn't in any conference, they're independents, but will join the Sun Belt next year.. Big Ten network doesn't control away games, to the best of my knowledge. I dug this up in an old thread, but the Big Ten network did run the telecast for an IU game on the road (if I'm remembering things correctly).

Good call on the independant status, that one was my bad. Gets you wondering though if it would be possible with NMSU being an independent if there is a outside possibility of someone, somewhere picking up the game...

I was looking at airfare and hotel recently. I am intrigued by the town's name and it's proximity to the border. I would love to go and if I go, I would love to join up with the greater group of Gopher fans!

Good call on the independant status, that one was my bad. Gets you wondering though if it would be possible with NMSU being an independent if there is a outside possibility of someone, somewhere picking up the game...
I don't know who could pick it up. Does NBC's sports network do college football? I'm sure there's a ton of networks out there that I don't even know about, but most of the likely suspects (CBS sports, FSN, Fox Sports 1, BTN, ESPN2/ESPN U) all seem to have games at or overlapping game time. ESPN News is running Maryland and Old Dominion prior to that, so maybe it would end up there.

Navy at Indiana, BTN, 6

Southern Miss at Nebraska, BTN, 6

Syracuse at Northwestern, BTN, 6

Louisiana-Lafayette at Kansas State, Fox Sports 1, 6:30

Colorado State at Tulsa, CBS Sports Net, 7

Texas at Brigham Young, ESPN2, 7

UAB at LSU, ESPNU, 7

West Virginia at Oklahoma, Fox, 7

Stephen F. Austin at Texas Tech, FSN, 7

Notre Dame at Michigan, ESPN, 8

Central Arkansas at Colorado, Pac-12, 8

Hawaii at Oregon State, Pac-12, 8

I was looking at airfare and hotel recently. I am intrigued by the town's name and it's proximity to the border. I would love to go and if I go, I would love to join up with the greater group of Gopher fans!

There's not a whole lot in Las Cruces. If you're looking for something a bit more substantial, El Paso is not far at all. That's where I'll be when I'm not tailgating or at the game.

You do not want to cross the border into that part of Mexico. Juarez is just across the border and one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

You do not want to cross the border into that part of Mexico. Juarez is just across the border and one of the most dangerous cities in the world.
F/X network has a new series that's about a detective from El Paso and one from Juarez trying to track down a serial killer operating in the area called "The Bridge". If that's even 1% realistic about Juarez, I'll pass on my visit.

Looks like a 6pm kick off. Were most of you guys thinking of flying into ABQ on Friday, driving to Pass the Ol El Paso or Las Cruces Friday eve?

Top Bottom