Any potential position coach changes?

minibeaver

Reaction score
Have seen some talk about it in other threads, and have heard some of the media folks mention it briefly. What's the GH consesus?

Assuming new hires are safe, is there anyone that might be on the hotseat?

All their contracts are guaranteed for next year, so Claeys seems pretty committed.

I would think if there was...it wouldn't be until after his extension is discussed and signed with the AD.

Time to part ways with the Strength Coach. Need a change there.

I would support this idea.

Time to part ways with the Strength Coach. Need a change there.

This is an area that I would agree with, if a change is identified by the head coach and O-line coach. To me the Minnetonka high school program has a better S&C coach then the Gophers do.

New coach and program coordinator needs to sell the program to prospective recruits, and media and fans really.

45 to 3 in the fourth quarter says it all in regards to staff changes.

so...what you are saying is you want the person responsible for all of these no stars and 2 star recruits on our team, who more than keep up w/ 4 and 5 star recruits on the opposition replaced? WTF. The only reason the O Line sucks is because they would rather give the D line a hug than run them over like a mad man. That is limegrover's fault...Strength staff can't change their personality.

Look how many yards after contact our RBs get, how many sacks our DL got this year, etc. That is due to the strength staff. Ever notice how many opposing players are laying on the field getting injured or are too fatigued to stay in the game? Ever notice how many MN players are doing that...none. That is the strength staff. We will be lucky to keep Klein around!

so...what you are saying is you want the person responsible for all of these no stars and 2 star recruits on our team, who more than keep up w/ 4 and 5 star recruits on the opposition replaced? WTF. The only reason the O Line sucks is because they would rather give the D line a hug than run them over like a mad man. That is limegrover's fault...Strength staff can't change their personality.

Look how many yards after contact our RBs get, how many sacks our DL got this year, etc. That is due to the strength staff. Ever notice how many opposing players are laying on the field getting injured or are too fatigued to stay in the game? Ever notice how many MN players are doing that...none. That is the strength staff. We will be lucky to keep Klein around!

Thanks for the input Mrs. Klein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that there are any changes, although I thought that last year too. If they do add someone, it would be nice if they are a good recruiter.

New Offensive Coordinator please.
One that will run the offense he promised he would, not something even
more vanilla and predictable than the previous offensive guru..

I think Jay needs a bit more time to implement his system, with a QB that fits in it.

There are a few positions that we have looked subpar at though over the last few years. One of them we changed last year with the O line coach. I don't know if the coach of the other one is a good recruiter or not, but it seems like at that position, we have not evaluated guys very well.

He adapted to Leidner. Claeys has said time and time again they want a true dual threat. They were a bit hamstrung with no viable TE as well. Johnson deserves another shot as well.

45 to 3 in the fourth quarter says it all in regards to staff changes.

I'm not sure that conditioning is the main reason for that. Honestly, I think it has more to do with the lack of ability to adjust on O, and the resulting TOP for the opposing O, which then tires out the D.
Those are my thoughts anyway.

He adapted to Leidner. Claeys has said time and time again they want a true dual threat. They were a bit hamstrung with no viable TE as well. Johnson deserves another shot as well.

Where was the balances, man in motion, inside/outside run combo he promised?
Never happened. All season... When we ran well it was the RBs bouncing outside.
Things this year that worked, including the first half of our losses, he shied away
from and as a result we had horrible second half collapses going 45-3 in those 4th
qtr losses.. That's unacceptable.

Another position change is...Pat Poore? WRs coach? I think it's time for a change.
These good WRs we got have not panned out, IG, MH...something is up there.

How about taking a look at the WR coach. We need someone who can teach how to create separation as well as to teach Receivers how to go up and ''get it''. Not wait for a basket catch every time (#88).

Things this year that worked, including the first half of our losses, he shied away
from and as a result we had horrible second half collapses going 45-3 in those 4th

Another position change is...Pat Poore? WRs coach? I think it's time for a change.

I agree something is up with the WR position.

Not sure about the rest. There is a reason he shied away from it right? Maybe the D was taking it away? Maybe we don't have the players to do the things he wanted to do? Jay didn't wake up on Sunday and say "oh sh!t, I forgot to run the inside/outside zone yesterday!"

I'm not an X's O's guy, but I gotta figure there was a legit reason he didn't run those plays.

Thanks for the input Mrs. Klein.

I agree with killertime. If you give credit to the staff for the d line and others you cant say it is their fault the o line is weak.

We need a new 4th quarter coach. Can we get one of those?

I agree with killertime. If you give credit to the staff for the d line and others you cant say it is their fault the o line is weak.

Is that why killertime said? I could have sworn he said Klein made 2-star players play like 4-star players and that he has our guys so strong that they injured and outlasted our opponents.

separation is usually created by quickness which some coaches believe can be improved through strength training. Enough said.

Id like to see some guys with big-time experience, younger ex-NFLers at the position coach level for both teaching technique and for recruiting moxie. The offensive staff needs a change in culture and a wake-up.

separation is usually created by quickness which some coaches believe can be improved through strength training. Enough said.

I think quickness can be taught/worked on, but only to a point.

I wonder if the OC on this team has much say as to who his position coaches are. He didn't bring anyone with him, their all Claeys/Kill guys right? So what happens if Jay says he wants a different position coach?

This is an area that I would agree with, if a change is identified by the head coach and O-line coach. To me the Minnetonka high school program has a better S&C coach then the Gophers do.

New coach and program coordinator needs to sell the program to prospective recruits, and media and fans really.
To be fair, tonka guy worked for the Colts and Bucs for a long time. He is probably better than 80% of FBS teams

I don't think Tracy is all that likely to shake things up after all of one year than the AD was likely to do so. Still gotta see how it plays out.

I don't see why there couldn't be a change up to and including the OC. I'm not saying there will be but most "jobs" involve a honeymoon period whereupon an employer decides to cut loose or keep them. Claeys will be judged by the product on the field and if he feels these are the best crew to find success then that's how we'll ride. He made some significant changes last year to the top of the ticket and now they need to decide if the other guys deserve to stay on or not. If the offense stalls that is an indictment of his ability to judge talent and if it soars that is an endorsement.

I don't see why there couldn't be a change up to and including the OC. I'm not saying there will be but most "jobs" involve a honeymoon period whereupon an employer decides to cut loose or keep them. Claeys will be judged by the product on the field and if he feels these are the best crew to find success then that's how we'll ride. He made some significant changes last year to the top of the ticket and now they need to decide if the other guys deserve to stay on or not. If the offense stalls that is an indictment of his ability to judge talent and if it soars that is an endorsement.

Word has it Kiffin isn't interested for some reason...

Pat Poore back to WR's is that what you're suggesting or you think that RB's Coach, Pat Poore, should be released? Brian Anderson is WR's coach. They made that switch either this season or last, can't remember.

Top Bottom