Any LA residents on the Hole?

Ron Johnson Super Fan

Reaction score
Anyone that lives in LA here?

My son and I are attending the game at UCLA and am looking for some advice. We were thinking of trying to hit up the PSU game at the Coliseum beforehand.

Was wondering if anyone knew how feasible it would be to catch an Uber after the USC game and be able to make it to the Rose Bowl in plenty of time.

Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

My son and I are attending the game at UCLA and am looking for some advice. We were thinking of trying to hit up the PSU game at the Coliseum beforehand.

Was wondering if anyone knew how feasible it would be to catch an Uber after the USC game and be able to make it to the Rose Bowl in plenty of time.

I'm not from LA but I'd budget at least an hour travel time from the coliseum to the Rose Bowl. Assuming you can get an Uber right after the game. Sometimes events like that can have an uber backlog.

I live near LA. And its a sh*t show getting anywhere any time of day. I've been in stop and go at 6 PM on a Sunday getting to a concert. Its always slow. But would be fun to see two games, so I say go for it. You don't have to park, so that will help.

It would be a fun doubleheader. You could always leave before the end of the game to give yourself plenty of time for the main event at the Rose Bowl. You could tailgate at both if you left after the third quarter.

I live in LA. There is enough time to get to the Gopher game after the SC game, but it will likely take upwards of 2 hours to get from the coliseum to the Rose Bowl. I personally wouldn’t want to sit in all that traffic, but it is doable.

It would be a fun doubleheader. You could always leave before the end of the game to give yourself plenty of time for the main event at the Rose Bowl. You could tailgate at both if you left after the third quarter.
Leaving early would be a good idea and would also help avoid the Uber availability issue

I live in LA. There is enough time to get to the Gopher game after the SC game, but it will likely take upwards of 2 hours to get from the coliseum to the Rose Bowl. I personally wouldn’t want to sit in all that traffic, but it is doable.
I don't think you needed the first sentence, your moniker should clue pretty much everyone. 😏

Probably not very helpful for the original post, but back in 1997 while I was living in LA, I did it in reverse. Saw Tennessee @ UCLA in the Rose Bowl, then made the trek to the Coliseum for Florida St @ USC.

I did leave before the 3rd Q was over to make sure I got to the Coliseum in time, because leaving the Rose Bowl (especially with a big crowd to see Peyton Manning and the Vols) would have been absolutely wicked. I recall seeing some Tennessee fans who I presume stayed for the end of their game get seated near me early in the 2nd Q.

The USC game is at 12:30, so personally wouldn’t stay for full game. The wild cards are ride availability and traffic. LA metro traffic is horrific at pretty much any time of day and weekend afternoons; anywhere coming in/out of of LA proper are definitely not an exception…but you just never know and if the planets align, there are no breakdowns, accidents, debris in the roads, other major events it might flow a little. That’s the problem, could take you 30 minutes or 90 minutes and you always have to plan for extra time. Might want to check usc fan forums on Uber expectations.

This is the rare occasion in LA where the train is the best option. You can board the E right by the Coliseum (closer than an Uber can get because they close the streets), transfer to the A downtown and you're on your way to Pasadena. The trains run every 10 minutes and are plenty safe on game days. It's a 2 mile walk to the Rose Bowl from the Memorial Park rail stop in Pasadena, or there's a shuttle to the stadium just a few blocks away at the Parsons lot. The trains take under an hour.

Top Bottom