Any LA residents on the Hole?

I have my own suspicions on this topic, but I would like to know from anyone with LA experience if it is at all realistic to leave the Rose Bowl around 9PM or slightly after, before the game actually ends and get the the 27 miles to LAX by 11PM, on a typical Saturday night?

The mode of transportation would be a pre-scheduled car service/ Limo that would be waiting fairly near the gates.
I would say no… in fact, it’s a very HARD no. Whether you’ve parked in the lots or taken the shuttle, getting out of the Rose Bowl area is a time consuming process. You would probably need to leave before the start of the 4th quarter to maybe even possibly have a chance.

Add to that the heavy traffic on a Saturday night and the typical traffic around LAX, and you’ll be lucky to make it by midnight. It’s just a fools errand to even entertain it.

A key thing to remember about LA traffic: Miles are irrelevant. It’s all about the minutes

I would say no… in fact, it’s a very HARD no. Whether you’ve parked in the lots or taken the shuttle, getting out of the Rose Bowl area is a time consuming process. You would probably need to leave before the start of the 4th quarter to maybe even possibly have a chance.

Add to that the heavy traffic on a Saturday night and the typical traffic around LAX, and you’ll be lucky to make it by midnight. It’s just a fools errand to even entertain it.

A key thing to remember about LA traffic: Miles are irrelevant. It’s all about the minutes

LAX always sucks. ALWAYS. I've had it take 40 minutes to get around the loop in there (there was construction).

I agree. It would take a Hail Mary.

Last time I was at the Rose Bowl was 2011, the Bruins hosted Texas. Attendance was barely half full for an afternoon game. It was a Longhorns blowout so I left midway through the 4th, took well over 2 hrs to get to Glendora which is less than 25 miles straight east of Pasadena, on the 210.

Tickets bought for USC-Penn State...only $23!! Prices have plummeted since we beat them :)

Totally worth it to see the Coliseum even though we'll be leaving at halftime. Plenty of time to hop on the Metro and get back up to Pasadena by 3ish...hopefully!!
I Drove by the Coliseum last night from the airport and ended up in the neighborhood where they filmed Boyz in the Hood somewhere in between. Even seeing the Coliseum and Forum from the outside was special. Great first night.

Thanks guys. Lots of good advice.

Decided to hit the USC-PSU game. Tickets were pretty cheap and we'll probably head out after the 3rd quarter.

Actually going to be a triple header in just over 24 hours for us. Sunday morning were on the first flight to Vegas for the Raiders-Steelers game, followed by a college visit to UNLV on Monday. Can't wait!

Decided to hit the USC-PSU game. Tickets were pretty cheap and we'll probably head out after the 3rd quarter.

Actually going to be a triple header in just over 24 hours for us. Sunday morning were on the first flight to Vegas for the Raiders-Steelers game, followed by a college visit to UNLV on Monday. Can't wait!
Action packed!

Hell yea. I'm now debating hitting NLCS game 1 on Sunday as well...always wanted to see Dodger Stadium....

We just pulled the trigger and are in an Uber heading to USC game! $22 tickets, we’ll leave in the 3rd quarter to get back to Pasadena. We pulled the same double headers when Gophers played at TCU and at Oregon St.

Our motto is die hard fans go to road games, legends go to double headers.

Go Gophers!!

We just pulled the trigger and are in an Uber heading to USC game! $22 tickets, we’ll leave in the 3rd quarter to get back to Pasadena. We pulled the same double headers when Gophers played at TCU and at Oregon St.

Our motto is die hard fans go to road games, legends go to double headers.

Go Gophers!!
2 barn burners.

How long did you stay at the Coliseum and how was the journey up to Pasadena?

Top Bottom