Any chance Bateman stays another year?

Then why do we have more than a trillion dollar debt of unpaid school loans? It is a huge problem.
Let’s get back to the original topic.
Do you think bateman will struggle to afford going back for his degree?

no he won’t.

giphy.gif

Bateman just confirmed, again, just how stupid this thread was. It was always his intention 2020 was his final year.

Then why do we have more than a trillion dollar debt of unpaid school loans? It is a huge problem.

I believe only half of student loans are currently in repayment.

It's something like 11% are in default and a large percentage of them are in deferment or forbearance (the person will never make enough to pay them back).

It's a huge problem. Even with a one-time forgiveness, without systemic changes, it will just be a repeating problem.

Let’s get back to the original topic.
Do you think bateman will struggle to afford going back for his degree?

no he won’t.
You mean if he is in the estimated 22-25% who are not bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the NFL?

You mean if he is in the estimated 22-25% who are not bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the NFL?
That’s exactly what I mean.

The original post that started the conversation says many guys don’t work out in the NFL so they should get their degree.

I said, in response, that he can go back for two years later not on scholarship and get his degree if he really wanted to.

Do you disagree with me? Can he not go back? Will it be financially too hard to go back if he really wants to?

I believe that Bateman will go pro as he will make it. However many other players should take note that it is extremely difficult to latch on to an NFL team. Only so many spots available therefore that degree should be obtained should you not make it.
While that is true, it isn’t that hard to go pay for two years of school and get a degree if the nfl doesn’t work out. Millions of people do it every year.

here is the original comments that started it.

I am going to maintain that Bateman can go back and finish his degree later if he really wants to...just like millions of other people do every year.

Everything I've heard about Bateman, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would go bankrupt after his NFL career.

Everything I've heard about Bateman, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would go bankrupt after his NFL career.
Even if he did. That doesn’t mean he can’t go back to school if he really wanted to.

That’s exactly what I mean.

The original post that started the conversation says many guys don’t work out in the NFL so they should get their degree.

I said, in response, that he can go back for two years later not on scholarship and get his degree if he really wanted to.

Do you disagree with me? Can he not go back? Will it be financially too hard to go back if he really wants to?
My slightly sarcastic point is that going back is not an easy option for a large majority of NFL players. I hope he does not end up in that group, or could be financially difficult. The U has the Gopher Graduation Program, which helps those where finances could be a barrier, so that's good.

My slightly sarcastic point is that going back is not an easy option for a large majority of NFL players. I hope he does not end up in that group, or could be financially difficult. The U has the Gopher Graduation Program, which helps those where finances could be a barrier, so that's good.

I guess he better stay in school until he graduates.

there is no way he can make money if he doesn’t graduate and there is no way he graduates without a scholarship!

thats borderline offensive

My post, too, is slightly sarcastic

I was intrigued because of how stupid it was. Had to dunk you clowns
Wow you seriously have nothing better to do than gloat on the internet in a setting where no one cares that you were "right"?

I guess he better stay in school until he graduates.

there is no way he can make money if he doesn’t graduate and there is no way he graduates without a scholarship!

thats borderline offensive

My post, too, is slightly sarcastic
Good grief. Slight sarcastic.

Good grief. Slight sarcastic.
Good grief?

I said bateman can probably go get his degree later if he really wanted to and you tried to make it a debate about student loan debtload and NFL retirees going bankrupt.

And you say good grief to me? LOL

I believe only half of student loans are currently in repayment.

It's something like 11% are in default and a large percentage of them are in deferment or forbearance (the person will never make enough to pay them back).

It's a huge problem. Even with a one-time forgiveness, without systemic changes, it will just be a repeating problem.
Having an educated population is never a problem.

Top Bottom