Any chance Bateman stays another year?

Taji34

Reaction score
Now hear me out, I know he's a projected 1st round pick and declaring is the smartest option, but before the B1G season was back Bateman said he began to miss his team, he felt like something was missing. When he was cleared to practice, and eventually come back, he got that missing piece back.

Any chance that feeling, and maybe some amount of unfinished business (due to a crappy season in any already asterisk laden year) feeling keeps him here another year? Maybe also the chance to play OSU to open the season next year and put on a show?

I was wondering if there is any chance Bateman cuts bait immediately and leaves to prep for the combines.

What he’d be missing, in that case, is millions of dollars. I’m not sure he’s ecstatic about coming back with how this season has gone. Why would he stay and risk injury and/or drop in draft status? For a slim chance at a West division title?

i'd say next to no chance. only came back because he couldn't declare last year and showed he's planning on leaving by opting out. Bless him for coming back and taking one last rodeo with his guys. He's earned his pay day and i wish him nothing but the best. He's been a great ambassador for this program and I hope he does get the chance to retire on the Lakes here like he said previously

So, along the same lines in reverse... Has Bateman played his last game as a Gopher?

However many games Bateman plays/played this season is a bonus. He will be playing on Sundays next fall.

I was wondering if there is any chance Bateman cuts bait immediately and leaves to prep for the combines.
I have been waiting for this to be the case. If he's set on the NFL next year, there's no reason to continue on this lost season and risk catastrophic injury..

Bateman's first instinct, to sit out is looking more and more like it was the correct one. This season is a mess.

So, along the same lines in reverse... Has Bateman played his last game as a Gopher?

Wouldn't shock me if the Purdue game was his last in a Gopher uniform. Might've been the entire Gophers team playing it's last game of this season against Purdue, as well.

highly doubtful

I think worse case scenario he's a 2nd round pick

Hasn't he already declared that he's entering the draft this year? I think there's almost no chance.

If he knew this is how the season was going to play out, I also wonder if he would've even came back at all.

More than 0% chance he come back.
But probably well less than 1.

he is at worst a second round pick.

I believe that Bateman will go pro as he will make it. However many other players should take note that it is extremely difficult to latch on to an NFL team. Only so many spots available therefore that degree should be obtained should you not make it.

I believe that Bateman will go pro as he will make it. However many other players should take note that it is extremely difficult to latch on to an NFL team. Only so many spots available therefore that degree should be obtained should you not make it.
While that is true, it isn’t that hard to go pay for two years of school and get a degree if the nfl doesn’t work out. Millions of people do it every year.

Just last week we had a great showcase of rookie WR's making big impacts on their team, with our Justin Jefferson and the Cowboy's Ceedee Lamb.

I fully envision that Bateman will be that type of player for a team next year.

Bateman's first instinct, to sit out is looking more and more like it was the correct one. This season is a mess.

While I fully agree that this season is a mess, I highly doubt Bateman regrets his decision to come back and play another season of college football. He can still head for the draft after this season in the same way he would have if we had somehow managed to have a normal 2020 season.

In the meantime he gets to make some more memories with his teammates as opposed to just going somewhere and working out non stop in an effort to try and shave a fraction of a second off of his 40 time.

While that is true, it isn’t that hard to go pay for two years of school and get a degree if the nfl doesn’t work out. Millions of people do it every year.
Sounds like money is pretty easy to get for many people.

Sounds like money is pretty easy to get for many people.
In a typical year there are around 20 million college students in the US

most of them not on athletic scholarship
Most of them not sitting with money they made in a rookie contract.

Somehow most of them manage to survive

Who needs money To go to school. Just take out a student loan to pay for whatever you can’t get aide for. We all know Biden will forgive all student loan debt.

This level of optimism is a nice change of pace from our typical MN pessimism. That being said, Rashad is and should go pro.

While Bateman is good, not sure he is in the same level as Jefferson. Quickness. could be a draw back.

While Bateman is good, not sure he is in the same level as Jefferson. Quickness. could be a draw back.

Jefferson is on pace for more catches and yards than Randy Moss as a rookie (nowhere near TDs). He is having one of the greatest rookie seasons for a WR in the history of the NFL, I don't know if many guys are on that level coming out of college.

This level of optimism is a nice change of pace from our typical MN pessimism. That being said, Rashad is and should go pro.

Well when the offseason hits we'll have the arguments that can be summed up in "We'll be better just because" again ;)

Jefferson is on pace for more catches and yards than Randy Moss as a rookie (nowhere near TDs). He is having one of the greatest rookie seasons for a WR in the history of the NFL, I don't know if many guys are on that level coming out of college.
Lol I was about to say “yeah Bateman is okay but he’s no Randy Moss.”

In a typical year there are around 20 million college students in the US

most of them not on athletic scholarship
Most of them not sitting with money they made in a rookie contract.

Somehow most of them manage to survive
Then why do we have more than a trillion dollar debt of unpaid school loans? It is a huge problem.

Top Bottom