Antoine Winfield Jr a GOPHER!!

I have watched AW play the last couple of years. He is exciting on special teams, hits very hard and likes to give the receiver a little room and the elusion of being open and then closes like mad on the ball. My best friend's kid has played with AW and says he is the best db he has played against (a QB that has to throw against AW everyday in practice). I just love this signing! Go Gophers!

Yes! Holy crap. Talk about a high ceiling. Looks like a nightmare to gameplan for on special teams for opponents. The speed at which he makes so many of those plays would be impressive in the NFL. Man does he hit hard too.

Looks like another steal. Tackles like his old man and clearly has great makeup speed. OSU fans were grumbling about him not getting an offer, consensus is the height was a deal breaker for the OSU staff. Height helps, but isn't a requirement as #26 proved over and over for a long and storied career. Could be a stellar playmaker under Sawvels tutelage, and a return man.

What a weekend.

Love this guy... a linebacker in a DB's body. He looks like a pro tackler already.

Nice spin move on this punt return for a TD. Nice interceptions, tackles low well, stiff arms also. Slippery as an electric eel.

[video]http://247sports.com/Bolt/DB-with-Minnesota-ties-Commits-42009368[/video]

I knew Winfield was fast but 4.39, he walks in being one of the fastest players

What a night!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!
Welcome Antoine Winfield jr, to the Gophers. The look of a beast and fast, hopefully he is as fierce a tackler as his dad was. SKI-U-MAH, Gophers had some kind of recruiting weekend. I hope 2016 isn't an aberration and a harbinger of things to come because these guy's as a collective group are coming in pretty talented and confident. It's going to be fun to see the competition that they bring in the fall. I think the existing roster is on notice, better have a good conditioning winter, and good bowl practices because these new guy's are coming here to compete.

Love this guy... a linebacker in a DB's body. He looks like a pro tackler already.

Hmmmm....that description sounds a lot like his old man....also sounds a lot like a former player who wore the #22 and was a tackling machine here.

Hopefully he is able to approach either of those guys by the time he is done here....time will tell.

Can tell my age ... had to look up what DBU means. If I looked up the correct one "Defensive Back University." I like it. The other one was "Done Blown Up." That one would work too because things have blown up in a good way.

LOL. I was going for "Defensive Back University". Kinda like Penn State used to call themselves "LineBacker University".

Doesn't look like a CB to me.

Hope he can play safety at a generous 5'10.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard.

Agree. Safety and returner? Who was the guy they called mighty mouse few years ago that got kicked off team. Reminds me of that guy. Jones? was it

Welcome aboard.
Played safety through high school but staff thinks he has ability to move to corner could have a chance to play some nickel as a Freshman.

Top Bottom