Reaction score
#2 Iowa LOST

#11 Kentucky LOST

#17 Arkansas LOST

#18 Arizona State LOST

#19 BYU LOST

#20 Florida LOST

#25 Texas LOST

I love chaos and this is the year for a Group of 5 to make it - to ensure it, love to see the B10 East devour each other the rest of the season

I love chaos and this is the year for a Group of 5 to make it - to ensure it, love to see the B10 East devour each other the rest of the season

You make a great point.

The Big Four in the B1G East (Ohio State, MIchigan, Penn State, Michigan State) have yet to play any games against each other. Wow. It's going to be exciting down the stretch!

I'm seeing Ohio State as the class of the East, as per usual... but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong!

You make a great point.

The Big Four in the B1G East (Ohio State, MIchigan, Penn State, Michigan State) have yet to play any games against each other. Wow. It's going to be exciting down the stretch!

I'm seeing Ohio State as the class of the East, as per usual... but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong!
I still think there is a big four in the East in name only. I have yet to be impressed with Michigan State and think they are going to go down hard once they play anybody with a pulse. Indiana gave them everything. they could handle yesterday and Indiana has looked horrible all year.

My gut says Ohio State is still the team to beat but will be interesting to see if Michigan or Penn State is able to get it done. Probably Michigan's best shot to actually beat them in quite some time.

I still think there is a big four in the East in name only. I have yet to be impressed with Michigan State and think they are going to go down hard once they play anybody with a pulse. Indiana gave them everything. they could handle yesterday and Indiana has looked horrible all year.

My gut says Ohio State is still the team to beat but will be interesting to see if Michigan or Penn State is able to get it done. Probably Michigan's best shot to actually beat them in quite some time.
I think OSU is still a class ahead of any of those teams. Michigan looked just above average beating NE last weekend will come down to earth, MSU looks a bit fraudulent, and PSU is good, but I think below OSU a ways.

I'll be interested to see if the Gophers can crack the T25 before the Iowa game with wins in their next 3 games.

The Bowling Green fiasco made the Gophers un-votable for a while, but 5-1 in Big Ten play would be impressive, even against easier competition.

As mentioned above, the East round-robin of carnage will soon unfold, and math says at least 1 of those 4 is heading for a fall, and only 1 (maybe 2) can emerge as a CFP team. My bet is that it's OSU to the playoff level and MSU goes 0-3 in those games.

I think the East ends up with Ohio State winning it, but Michigan finishes 11-1 (losing to OSU) and people are trying to pump them for the playoff.

I'll be interested to see if the Gophers can crack the T25 before the Iowa game with wins in their next 3 games.

The Bowling Green fiasco made the Gophers un-votable for a while, but 5-1 in Big Ten play would be impressive, even against easier competition.

As mentioned above, the East round-robin of carnage will soon unfold, and math says at least 1 of those 4 is heading for a fall, and only 1 (maybe 2) can emerge as a CFP team. My bet is that it's OSU to the playoff level and MSU goes 0-3 in those games.

I think the East ends up with Ohio State winning it, but Michigan finishes 11-1 (losing to OSU) and people are trying to pump them for the playoff.

With the way the top 25.....especially the lower end has been turning over.....it would be very surprising if the Gophers weren't ranked if they were 7-2 (5-1).

The phrase "easier competition" got a bit more interesting after yesterday. I take it when you said "easier competition" you were referring to the Gophers' upcoming games against Maryland, Northwestern and Illinois.

But here's something worth consideration: Have the Gopher's B1G wins so far (Purdue, Nebraska) been against "easier competition?

If you asked Iowa Hawkeye fans this morning, they would tell you that Purdue is definitely not easy competition. And fans of Oklahoma, Michigan and Michigan State would tell you that there was nothing "easy" about beating Nebraska.

My point: the Gophers have acquitted themselves very, very well so far in the B1G, against some pretty tough competition. Even their one B1G loss, to Ohio State, was very competitive.

No chance the big ten runner up gets in unless Cincinnati loses and even then it’ll go to #2 in the SEC.

CFP would be SEC champ, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, big ten champ right now

The phrase "easier competition" got a bit more interesting after yesterday. I take it when you said "easier competition" you were referring to the Gophers' upcoming games against Maryland, Northwestern and Illinois.

But here's something worth consideration: Have the Gopher's B1G wins so far (Purdue, Nebraska) been against "easier competition?

If you asked Iowa Hawkeye fans this morning, they would tell you that Purdue is definitely not easy competition. And fans of Oklahoma, Michigan and Michigan State would tell you that there was nothing "easy" about beating Nebraska.

My point: the Gophers have acquitted themselves very, very well so far in the B1G, against some pretty tough competition. Even their one B1G loss, to Ohio State, was very competitive.

To add to that......the Gophers have typically started the year on a rocky note. While OSU has been improving since the start of the year....I don't think there's any question that the Gophers have been improving as well. Especially the defensive line. After zero sacks through the first two weeks.....they had four sacks in three straight weeks before coming back to earth yesterday with two. Part of that is due to Martinez's ability to wriggle out of a collapsing pocket.....but the d-line was pressuring him all game. If they keep playing like this.....the Gophers are going to be a tough game for just about any team.

To add to that......the Gophers have typically started the year on a rocky note. While OSU has been improving since the start of the year....I don't think there's any question that the Gophers have been improving as well. Especially the defensive line. After zero sacks through the first two weeks.....they had four sacks in three straight weeks before coming back to earth yesterday with two. Part of that is due to Martinez's ability to wriggle out of a collapsing pocket.....but the d-line was pressuring him all game. If they keep playing like this.....the Gophers are going to be a tough game for just about any team.

Yes.

The key to all this is maintaining consistency. With young men, that can be unpredictable. They can be up and down. Will they continue to play this well week after week, down the stretch?

If they can do that, the sky is the limit.

Big Ten wins will separate the wheat from the chaff and will provide the ONLY complete ranking of the 2021 Big Ten East & the Big Ten West divisions. And then the East will meet the West in the show down.

All questions of Big Ten rankings for the 2021 season will be forever historically recorded and will never be changed.

Determine your place in the 2021 history of the Big Ten Conference Gopher players and coaches.

What an incredible opportunity for this team and coaching staff!!!

Beat Maryland Saturday!

Last edited:

It is crazy right now that the gophers could’ve looked equally as terrible in the bowling green game…made one more play to win…and they would probably be ranked No lower than 16th right now. And I would argue probably 13-14th

if they had blown out bowling green like they were capable of I think they’d be 11th

Big Ten wins will separate the wheat from the chaff and will provide the ONLY complete ranking of the 2021 Big Ten East & the Big Ten West divisions. And then the East will meet the West in the show down.

All questions of Big Ten rankings for the 2021 season will be forever historically recorded and will never be changed.

Determine your place in the 2021 history of the Big Ten Conference Gopher players and coaches.

What an incredible opportunity this team!!!

Beat Maryland Saturday !

I've been thinking since back before we played Nebraska: the Maryland game is a bigger game than it appears to be at first glance. I'm glad we're playing them at The Bank.

There are no easy games on the B1G schedule. That's what makes it fun to be a fan.

Who did Cincinnati beat this year? At IU, which is turning into very meh, and at Notre Dame, which I'm not convinced is an amazing win. A great win, sure, but does that win alone make them top 4?

AAC is weak. Their only conference test will be SMU. They don't play Houston in the regular season, but that might be the conf champ game matchup, which will be on-campus at Cincy most likely (they don't do neutral site in AAC).

Weak.

If you're going to run the table, at least have some groceries on it.

If PAC and Big Ten conf champions have 1-loss, both deserve to be in over Cincy.

Big Ten wins are always good. They matter. The team looked great yesterday. The Purdue win looks even more impressive now. However, even though you’ve blocked the BG disaster from your thinkbox the rest of the nation hasn’t. The Rodney Dangerfield routine doesn’t work just yet. If the gophers keep notching more wins the national respect will come. The stain is being rubbed off, one W the a time.

Who did Cincinnati beat this year? At IU, which is turning into very meh, and at Notre Dame, which I'm not convinced is an amazing win. A great win, sure, but does that win alone make them top 4?

AAC is weak. Their only conference test will be SMU. They don't play Houston in the regular season, but that might be the conf champ game matchup, which will be on-campus at Cincy most likely (they don't do neutral site in AAC).

Weak.

If you're going to run the table, at least have some groceries on it.

If PAC and Big Ten conf champions have 1-loss, both deserve to be in over Cincy.

If Oregon runs the table, they will have a very strong case over Cincinnati.

Oklahoma will have to earn their way in with a brutal final 3 games AND a Big 12 Title game.

The only way SEC gets two teams is if Georgia wins out but then loses to Bama in Atlanta.

It's gonna be one of the more interesting Novembers we have had in college football in some time.

There is not an unwinnable game on our schedule. In fact some could argue we just faced 3 of our 4 toughest opponents in the B1G West already (with the way WI is playing). However, we are not built to win big and as such there is not a team we face that we will dominate. Maryland can score enough points that if offense isn't clicking we will lose. Hopefully we figured somethings out and can keep rolling. will perform

Big Ten wins are always good. They matter. The team looked great yesterday. The Purdue win looks even more impressive now. However, even though you’ve blocked the BG disaster from your thinkbox the rest of the nation hasn’t. The Rodney Dangerfield routine doesn’t work just yet. If the gophers keep notching more wins the national respect will come. The stain is being rubbed off, one W the a time.

No one is 'blocking' anything.

The Bowling Green loss has no bearing in the chase for the B1G West. None whatsoever. It is simply not a factor. Therefore, it is of almost no importance going forward. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

As far as "the rest of the nation" and/or "national respect" is concerned, I could not care less at this point in the season. Right now, it's all about the B1G. When it comes to the polls, I've noticed over the years that all good things come to teams who win, and then win again, and then continue to win, while other teams stumble. If the Gophers take care of business going forward, they'll get their due.

I have no idea what the Rodney Dangerfield reference means.

Last edited:

The Bowling Green loss has no bearing in the chase for the B1G West.
It's great to win the West, don't get me wrong. Since it means beating Iowa and Wisc, most likely. That's the real reward for winning the West, for us.

But in of itself, "winning" the West is absolutely pointless. It gets you to Indy, which is awesome, but it really just gets you a date with Ohio State or an East team that managed to beat them. Which more times than not has been bad news for the West team.

Winning the Big Ten is the actual thing.

It's great to win the West, don't get me wrong. Since it means beating Iowa and Wisc, most likely. That's the real reward for winning the West, for us.

But in of itself, "winning" the West is absolutely pointless. It gets you to Indy, which is awesome, but it really just gets you a date with Ohio State or an East team that managed to beat them. Which more times than not has been bad news for the West team.

Winning the Big Ten is the actual thing.

If winning the West gets you to Indy, how can it be pointless? You lost me. Your logic was too dazzling, I guess.

Are you saying if the Gophers won the West, but then lost in Indy, the West championship would be meaningless? If so, I heartily disagree.

No one is 'blocking' anything.

The Bowling Green loss has no bearing in the chase for the B1G West. None whatsoever. It is simply not a factor. Therefore, it is of almost no importance going forward. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

As far as "the rest of the nation" and/or "national respect" is concerned, I could not care less at this point in the season. Right now, it's all about the B1G. When it comes to the polls, I've noticed over the years that all good things come to teams who win, and then win again, and then continue to win, while other teams stumble. If the Gophers take care of business going forward, they'll get their due.

I have no idea what the Rodney Dangerfield reference means.

Many fans here seem to care about polls and being ranked. That loss absolutely figures into rankings and national perception which again is something many fans care about. Not you, but many.

Of course BG has no bearing on the Big Ten West, and MN needn’t worry about CFP votes either.

If winning the West gets you to Indy, how can it be pointless?
You don't win a trophy for winning the West, is the point.

And if you actually do (I hope not), then it's a fake trophy. As fake as the bits-o-chair or whatever that dumb thing is.

You don't win a trophy for winning the West, is the point.

And if you actually do (I hope not), then it's a fake trophy. As fake as the bits-o-chair or whatever that dumb thing is.

Um... you do, actually. And it looks like a very real trophy, to my eyes.

big-ten-championship.jpg

Last edited:

Many fans here seem to care about polls and being ranked. That loss absolutely figures into rankings and national perception which again is something many fans care about. Not you, but many.

Of course BG has no bearing on the Big Ten West, and MN needn’t worry about CFP votes either.

Those fans, and you, are more than welcome to dwell forever in anguish and regret over the Bowling Green loss, because it apparently ended forever some dream of yours.

As for me, I'm enjoying the Gopher football season as it has played out, and will continue to enjoy it going forward. There is a lot left to play for in my view. One helluva fun season, in my estimation.

If Oregon runs the table, they will have a very strong case over Cincinnati.

Oklahoma will have to earn their way in with a brutal final 3 games AND a Big 12 Title game.

The only way SEC gets two teams is if Georgia wins out but then loses to Bama in Atlanta.

It's gonna be one of the more interesting Novembers we have had in college football in some time.
I agree with all of this. Big ten only can get two if Michigan and Michigan state having 1 combined loss.
Only way SEC can get two is if Bama wins the SEC with one loss and Georgia doesn’t have any other losses.

1) sec champ
2) big ten champ

Those two scenarios would give a second a chance.
3-4) One loss Oregon would go in front of a second.
3-4) Unbeaten and probably one loss big 12 champ would go earlier.
5-6) Unbeaten wake would go earlier
5-6) Unbeaten Cincinnati would go earlier.
7) 1 loss Georgia with a Bama winning SEC
8) one loss Michigan or Michigan state with the other being unbeaten big ten champ

Those fans, and you, are more than welcome to dwell forever in anguish and regret over the Bowling Green loss, because it apparently ended forever some dream of yours.

As for me, I'm enjoying the Gopher football season as it has played out, and will continue to enjoy it going forward. There is a lot left to play for in my view. One helluva fun season, in my estimation.

Oh we know, believe me. It’s interesting, though, that even though game results don’t bother you other fans seem to drive you nuts. This is something you’re very, very vocal about.

Oh we know, believe me. It’s interesting, though, that even though game results don’t bother you other fans seem to drive you nuts. This is something you’re very, very vocal about.

I'm not the one who has been "driven nuts". I'm quite happily enjoying the Gopher football season.

You, on the other hand, might consider seeing a therapist to help you recover from trauma the Bowling Green loss inflicted on your psyche. It's just not healthy to carry that around forever inside you. You need to find a way to move on.

Top Bottom