Another Phone Call (a sequel)

westcoastgopher11

Reaction score
Ok, so it wasn't a phone call it was a text message - take this nugget how you will.

Some WMU football players and staff have been notified about a meeting tomorrow with the coaching staff.

If Coyle can land the hottest young name in college football after this disaster I'll be impressed.

Ok, so it wasn't a phone call it was a text message - take this nugget how you will.

Some WMU football players and staff have been notified about a meeting tomorrow with the coaching staff.

Reliability of source?

Reliability of source?

I know at least one WMU guy in town who will be both pleased and disappointed.

I am not, and do not claim to be a reporter, but I will not compromise the "source" of my information - take it or leave it.

I hope you're not yanking our chains Westcoast. That would just be cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so my inbox was attacked (stop calling me names dudes) I'll say the following to frame this correctly.

The source of the first thread is in Minnesota (ties to the U) and I felt about 65-35 about the tidbit so I posted it.

This source came completely out of left field and has deep ties to Kalamazoo - I would say I'm closer to 80-20 on it.

Joe C says Fleck hasn't been offered. Just maybe he is calling a meeting with the team to tell them there is no truth to the rumors of him leaving.

Joe C says Fleck hasn't been offered. Just maybe he is calling a meeting with the team to tell them there is no truth to the rumors of him leaving.

Correct. Nobody knows anything until Fleck speaks

Ok so my inbox was attacked (stop calling me names dudes) I'll say the following to frame this correctly.

The source of the first thread is in Minnesota (ties to the U) and I felt about 65-35 about the tidbit so I posted it.

This source came completely out of left field and has deep ties to Kalamazoo - I would say I'm closer to 80-20 on it.

Even if you're trolling or reporting with sincerity, I'm enjoying it and the timing has been perfect on both reports.

You've been around here long enough that I believe you're not blowing smoke.

Fine with that.

I'd be lying if this thought didn't penetrate my fragile and cynical MN psyche as well, guess we just gotta wait and see.

This does really play into the idea that we are not allowed to have nice things here. I'm going with your sources for now because it feels more optimistic.

Joe C is getting played or being a good soldier.

I watched the row the boat guy laying the speech on the WMU team, and I am not sure I can handle listing to this BS for years.

But..... at this time it does not matter, Coyle created this SH.. storm and needs to get a body in place by Friday to stop the bleeding and move forward. Any of the names mentioned, including the NSDU coaches are step forward in preventing the potential damage if they dither.

Coyle better have not fired TC without a sure hire in hand. The "sure" hire could still be a complete disaster compared to what TC brought to the table.

We will see. This feels like Cal Stoll 1981 or Glen Mason 2006 to me. I hope the results are better. Claeys was royally F'ed on this.

Any updates on that WMU meeting Westcoast? Have you checked in with your guy?

I hope for all that it is in the morning and we have a new coach by noon. Will make the rest of the day go by faster as I read the back and forth between sides.

Top Bottom