Another Brilliant Performance by Offensive Visionary Matt Limegrower

GH: A darn good bet for info regarding gameday parking, tailgating or broadcast details. For insightful postgame analysis you'd do better talking with one of the Gopher trolls on sale at Goldy's Locker. If some of you would stop moaning long enough to see the game for what it was, perhaps you would comprehend the tradeoff that occurs when defense and special teams provide scoring punch. Let's see, listen to the worrying on this site or stick with Limegrover . . . Not a tough choice if you factor in who does or does not know the game well.

Apparently a 48 yard rushing touchdown wasn't to your liking. Or perhaps the 30 plus yard run that set up the last touchdown was horrible.

It was the FIRST game of the year for goodness sake. Do you think there might just be a smidgen of improvement going forward???

Personally, I think the OL underperformed. They did well in pass protection, but I thought they played very poorly in run blocking against a very marginal DL for UNLV. I think they wanted to establish the run, because Matt knows we can't pass, but the OL was unable to open even the smallest of creases. Disappointing to say the least.

Do you mean Bobby Fischer the chess grandmaster or Gary Fisher the bike guy?

I had a good time at the game. Sure, the offense was vanilla......but the team was still able to put over 50 points on the board. Haven't seen that in a while. For the next couple games a expect that we will see more of the same, but I also expect that the offense will look a little bit better now that they have gotten their first game out of the way.Wait until the SJSU game. I'm sure that we will see an expanded playbook.

We always thought that Mason was saving his expanded playbook for the big games. Dream on.

Top Bottom