Another Brilliant Performance by Offensive Visionary Matt Limegrower

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
He is a Gary Fischer with a headset, a Hannibal with a clipboard, and a Leonard Berstein with a whistle.

Our very own offensive genius/guru/maestro.

Words fail to capture his visionary genius.

In other news, I can't watch another year with him in the box.

For the sake of my sanity, I hope he is just saving all his creativity for the Big Ten season.

He must go crazy trying to deal with what he has to work with for a passing game. There just is nothing there except for a couple of TE passing plays

He is a Gary Fischer with a headset, a Hannibal with a clipboard, and a Leonard Berstein with a whistle.

That was THE most boring, uninspiring 50+ point game I've ever watched. Run run pass punt, run run pass punt, run run pass punt; repeat. Holy hell. In other news, INDIANA and their fans are having fun, putting up 73 with half a quarter left to go.

He must go crazy trying to deal with what he has to work with for a passing game. There just is nothing there except for a couple of TE passing plays

Exactly. We have no threat at wr. I see a few 13 point games again this year against the better competition. Our wr could hardly get any separation against UNLV. Wait until we play some real teams.

Fair enough. The personel is just not there. That part is done at least for this season. He is calling plays with one hand behind his back. The qb and wr we have are not very useful for an OC.

Do you pixies have any sense of perspective. Whine whine groan whine groan weep. Whine whine groan whine groan weep. Then repeat? Sheesh.

Yes it was bland, but it was also a win. I could care less whether anyone enjoyed it as long as it's a check in the W column. Time for next week and New Mexico State.

Fair enough. The personel is just not there. That part is done at least for this season. He is calling plays with one hand behind his back. The qb and wr we have are not very useful for an OC.

It's not the QB that concerns me at all, nor the RBs (though they didn't show much today)...the WRs don't get much separation, that doesn't help, but what has me concerned is the offensive line is porous and is getting knocked backward. With all of the recruiting that has been going on with the OL over the past half decade or so, you would think the OL would be the team's strength. It looked overmatched today, and that was against a mediocre defense. Is there something in the OL schemes that is not clicking?

That was THE most boring, uninspiring 50+ point game I've ever watched. Run run pass punt, run run pass punt, run run pass punt; repeat. Holy hell. In other news, INDIANA and their fans are having fun, putting up 73 with half a quarter left to go.

Then go follow them

Yes it was bland, but it was also a win. I could care less whether anyone enjoyed it as long as it's a check in the W column. Time for next week and New Mexico State.

Not concerned about "bland". Concerned that we couldn't move the ball against a mediocre D. If bland works, use it. If you need your special teams and defense on the field to score against UNLV, I'm sorry but that's a huge problem.

You don't like big plays?

To be fair, the offensive line played horribly. The running game is supposed to be our bread and butter.

Now you can blame him for that but I don't think the play calling was the main reason we struggled. The execution sucked.

Would you have felt better if one of our 4 offensive TD's came on a flea-flicker or the Statue of Liberty ya whiny bitch? Should Jones, or Shabazz, or the DB have kneeled down so the O could punch it in on those three possessions we didn't get?

You don't like big plays?

To be fair, the offensive line played horribly. The running game is supposed to be our bread and butter.

Now you can blame him for that but I don't think the play calling was the main reason we struggled. The execution sucked.

I love big plays, especially when the offense is able to produce them. If the Matt Limegrover system were working, the Gophers would have bowled UNLV DLmen and LBs straight down the field, and the Gophers big plays would have been offensive ones, not special teams bailouts. After watching this game I am very concerned about the Gophers chances of winning more than a few football games this season, as they will struggle to gain 200 yards or score a couple of TDs a game. That won't cut it past game #4. No BCS-level team should have the QB run as their only way to move the ball against UNLV at home. If that's the case, bring out the option running game because it's the only chance you have.

Would you have felt better if one of our 4 offensive TD's came on a flea-flicker or the Statue of Liberty ya whiny bitch? Should Jones, or Shabazz, or the DB have kneeled down so the O could punch it in on those three possessions we didn't get?

Do you sense the irony of bitching violently about bitching?

I love big plays, especially when the offense is able to produce them. If the Matt Limegrover system were working, the Gophers would have bowled UNLV DLmen and LBs straight down the field, and the Gophers big plays would have been offensive ones, not special teams bailouts. After watching this game I am very concerned about the Gophers chances of winning more than a few football games this season, as they will struggle to gain 200 yards or score a couple of TDs a game. That won't cut it past game #4. No BCS-level team should have the QB run as their only way to move the ball against UNLV at home. If that's the case, bring out the option running game because it's the only chance you have.

You are right. But settle down. We won. Teams improve.

Our first team offense = 23 points.

Their first team offense = 23 points.

Our first team offense = 23 points.

Their first team offense = 23 points.

We scored on 4 of 9 first team possessions.

They scored on 4 of 12 first team possessions.

What is the point? We didn't play very well on offense. But it is not as bad as you're making it seem.

So on the one hand every recruiting expert in the country has repeatedly said the Gophers are last or next to last in recruiting (actual players that make it here...not Brewsters phantom classes) and somehow that isn't the problem? It has to be bad coaching of the great players that every expert in the country says aren't great?

Every week Kill tells us the truth. When he got here he said the cupboard was bare and the kids were undisciplined and his first priority was getting kids in class and passing them. Check.

Last year he said we were young. We played up and down like a young team. Check

This year he said don't expect the same third year magic because he really hasn't had three full recruiting classes. We are still young, but more experienced and we have more talent and depth, but we aren't there yet. We will be better than last year, but it might not show up in our schedule because it is a very difficult one. We shall see, but I expect that we will be better than last year, but we may still be 5-7 or 6-6, but we wont lose games by 30+ like we did.

Next year we should see that big improvement and then again, more consistency after that. If we don't, go find a new coach and try again...but I don't think that will be the problem. Just my opinion.

I would say you are on to something there. While the offense was terrible tonight, the big reason was they don't have close to enough talent. The offensive line played fairly well, although beating up on UNLV isn't saying much. The backs were pretty average (come back soon B.E.) and the receivers were worse. Thankfully some of the newcomers on defense looked really good. Nelson has a long way to go, but 8 games into his career, that's not surprising at his age. And we need some receivers big time. I saw Harbison was on the side line (must not be ready yet) and obviously McDonald doesn't look like he'll be back. DJ played a little but didn't do anything special. Best receivers tonight were the Tight Ends who did all they could be asked to do...

Bottom line is unless there is major improvement from the offense we will lose 6 or mor B1G games this year. It will take a hell of a job by the staff to manufacture offense from this group.

So let me get this straight:

Gopherholers go on and on about how even if we blow UNLV away, the media will still find something to complain about.

Then we blow UNLV away, and Gopherhole goes on to piss and moan?

Really guys? Jesus Christ you actually are the absolute worst.

I'm super happy we won.

I'm super concerned we won't be able to score in the B10.

Scoring is hard. Scoring enough points for a Gopher victory is harder.

He might as well try rather than do nothing and fail.

Top Bottom