Annika Stewart is a Gopher

Having a post that is a threat from outside will be very helpful in opening up space for everyone to open up lanes to score. Should be a nice addition and I doubt we add anymore posts unless they can a very top tier post.

Press release from the U of MN:

Gopher Women’s Basketball Adds Annika Stewart to Roster

MINNEAPOLIS-
University of Minnesota women’s basketball head coach Dawn Plitzuweit has announced the addition of Annika Stewart (Plymouth, Minn.) to the Golden Gopher program. Stewart, who was with Nebraska from 2020-24, will transfer to Minnesota and use her fifth (COVID) and final year of eligibility during the 2024-25 season.

“Annika is a versatile post player who has the ability to help us in many different ways,” said Plitzuweit. “She scores it down low, defends the interior, and shoots it well from the arc. As a coaches’ kid, Anni has a great knowledge of the game from an X’s and O’s perspective as well as an understanding of the importance of doing what it takes to help us find a way to compete at the highest level. We are thrilled to welcome Annika back home and to have her suit up for the Gophers!”

Stewart, who is 6-3, saw action in 25 games this past season, missing eight with an injury, as Nebraska advanced to the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament. During Nebraska's final four games of the season, Stewart totaled 24 points and eight rebounds in just over 35 total minutes. Stewart scored 94 points last season and averaged 3.8 points in 6.9 minutes of game action, while shooting 45.5% from the field and 38.5% from beyond the arc.

During her four-year Husker career, Stewart played in 111 games and scored 572 points and snagged 268 rebounds. She also excelled in the classroom, as she was a three-time Academic All-Big Ten selection and a 2023 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar.

Stewart attended Wayzata High School and helped the Trojans to a third-place finish during her senior year as she was named first-team Class 4A All-State. She also earned first-team All-Lake Conference honors and was an all-metro selection.

“I am so excited for the opportunity to come home for my last season of college basketball,” Stewart said. “I chose to be a Gopher because of how much Coach P and the staff pour into this program. I can’t wait to compete with the team, grow as a player, and connect with the community. Go Gophers!”

Bumping this up to put it above mine… I made a thread missing this one already here. 😬

Press release from the Gophers!!!

Fox Set to Return For Additional Year

MINNEAPOLIS -
University of Minnesota men's basketball forward Parker Fox will use his last year of eligibility and return to the Golden Gopher program for the 2024-25 season.

Fox, a 6-8, 220-pound forward, came to the University of Minnesota after three years at Northern State in 2021-22. However, back-to-back season-ending knee injuries sidelined him for both the 2021-22 and 2022-23 Gopher seasons. In 2023-24, Fox became Minnesota's sixth man and was one of just two Gophers to play in all 34 games. The Mahtomedi, Minn., product averaged 14 minutes, 5.1 points and 2.9 rebounds. He also contributed 27 blocks, 25 assists and 18 steals this past season. Fox scored double-digit points in seven games this past year and earned a start against Penn State (3/2/24).

Nice to have another Big on the team. Glad she is coming back to MN. Go Gophers !

We have a good coach who is respected and girls want to play for her. The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades!

Last edited:

Top Bottom