Andre McDonald- Pull His Offer

McDonald didn't have to commit. He is a mediocre player a la Bryce McNeal making an asshole of my alma mater. I think Kill should pull his offer because we don't need him. If you think we need him, please see above re: Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and Chad Greenway.

(1) How would you know how good McNeal is, he will be a SO next season. Are you really judging him off of his FR season? (19 rec 187 yards)
-Greenway didn't start until he was a SO
-Dallas Clark was a LB as a SO

(2) Is there any correlation between McNeal and McDonald? I realize they are both WRs from MN who you feel spurned the U, but why does that mean their careers will be similar? Why wouldn't Michael Floyd (another WR who spurned the U) be an apt comparison then?

(3) You do realize that McNeal would be a starting WR with the U right now? It's kind of hard to argue a kid wouldn't be worth much if he would almost be guranteed a starting spot here.

(1) How would you know how good McNeal is, he will be a SO next season. Are you really judging him off of his FR season? (19 rec 187 yards)
-Greenway didn't start until he was a SO
-Dallas Clark was a LB as a SO

(2) Is there any correlation between McNeal and McDonald? I realize they are both WRs from MN who you feel spurned the U, but why does that mean their careers will be similar? Why wouldn't Michael Floyd (another WR who spurned the U) be an apt comparison then?

(3) You do realize that McNeal would be a starting WR with the U right now? It's kind of hard to argue a kid wouldn't be worth much if he would almost be guranteed a starting spot here.

This kid definitely has talent to be a starter. He will thrive anywhere with good coaching & development. He still has ways to go, and I agree you can't judge how good he'll be until his SO or JR year. Didn't that kid from Milwaukee, Eric Murray, shut him down during camp?

IMHO, lets leave the kid alone to do explore other possibilities. My impression of him is that he is a good young man who is unsure what to do. Sure, he could have waited to commit until later like Will Johnson.

Ultimately, I agree with Coach Kill. You have to in your heart want to play for the Gophers. I sincerely hope he does pick the Gophers in the end.

I'd be interested to know how you came to this conclusion...

You are right, that was an overstatement and probably is totally false. I was just getting annoyed and shouldn't have said it.

I am sure both McNeal and McDonald are fine players and guys. I do hope ultimately get to the point that we are confident enough to say "see ya later" to kids who play games with our program.

Receiver is now the en-vouge position. Just look at the last two Superbowl winners, Saints and the Packers. Both had great receiving cores. (NO-Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem GB-Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones).

This guy is good and will play starting his freshman year. If he (re)-commits I am going to blast this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG_qcud1ShM
When I think great wide receiver, the first name that pops into my head is Devery Henderson. Greg Jennings is the only receiver you mentioned that is "elite." Colston is good, but everyone that you listed benefits greatly from having a top level quarterback. Rodgers and Brees make those guys better, not the other way around.

When I think great wide receiver, the first name that pops into my head is Devery Henderson. Greg Jennings is the only receiver you mentioned that is "elite." Colston is good, but everyone that you listed benefits greatly from having a top level quarterback. Rodgers and Brees make those guys better, not the other way around.

The NFL is a passing league so therefore you need to have above average talent at receiver to win ballgames. While many of the receivers listed above are not perennial Pro Bowler's, they are above average (Several of the players I listed were among the first 100 players take in their respective drafts). You don't need several "Great" receivers to win ball games. As long as you have "Good" ones to compliment a "Great" one (IE-Jennings, Colston) plus add in an outstanding QB you are set. The same formula can apply college and in Jerry Kill's Offense.

he probable shouldn't have committed if he wasn't totally sure Minnesota is where we wants to go but to go and say see ya later we don't need ya is a bit much.

this stuff happens all the time in recruiting and if he wants to take a look around that is his right.

Why should Kill pull the offer? He is dealing with 18 year old kids who change their mind all the time.

pull his offer? stupid idea handsome pete.

hope this helps.

Butthurt is funny because you read it somewhere and liked it.

McDonald didn't have to commit. He is a mediocre player a la Bryce McNeal making an asshole of my alma mater. I think Kill should pull his offer because we don't need him. If you think we need him, please see above re: Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and Chad Greenway.
If you think a 17 year old kid can make an asshole of your alma mater then you have issues with how you see your alma mater. In the meantime, the U is doing just fine. Sheesh.

If you love a bird, set it free
If it returns, its yours
If it doesn't
Its not.

If that is the first impression that you think Kill should make with a high school coach by pulling a kids offer because he is indecisive like most 18 year olds. Knock yourself out. On the other point, you give me a team of 4 stars and I will beat your 2 and 3 star talent much more than I lose to it and the data is there to prove it.

Agree 110 percent

Kill's not going to land many four-star prospects, so even the possibility of getting one should be explored until the very last moment. We hear about Kill's ability to "coach-em up" so imagine what he could do with an athlete with serious talent like McDonald.

If that is the first impression that you think Kill should make with a high school coach by pulling a kids offer because he is indecisive like most 18 year olds. Knock yourself out. On the other point, you give me a team of 4 stars and I will beat your 2 and 3 star talent much more than I lose to it and the data is there to prove it.

If you are going up against a hack coach like Brewster. Otherwise, that statement is very ignorant just because Iowa and Wisconsin pull it off here and there. SEC 4 star talent would wipe your a.ss in a heartbeat with 2 and 3 star level talent 90% of the time during the course of a regular season.

Thread buster...Not a damn one of us knows how to handle this. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a rectum. We know what the rectum spews. An opinion can change things. And minds can change. What happens, happens. What is, is. What will be, will be.

I don't believe you ever pull an offer (made by you). But, you keep on recruiting the position, and make other offers...

I don't believe you ever pull an offer (made by you). But, you keep on recruiting the position, and make other offers...

It doesn't make a lot of sense to pull the offer when there is no real backup option. On the other hand, it does make a lot of sense to recruit more quality WRs, and if someone takes his spot, so be it. If I were Kill I'd be out recruiting WRs. Lord knows any good ones will get plenty of playing time.

If Kill wants to pull his offer, that's fine with me. He's on the inside and knows whats going on with the player. If the offer remains out there, that's ok too. If Andre comes, he comes. If not, whatever.

If you accept a job offer, and are still going on interviews, your prospective employer may well pull their offer if they find out. It's just a question of whether it benefits the U, I'm not sure we have the leverage.

Your point only applies to low level employees. High level employees are expected to look at their options and they often get into bidding wars because of their rare skills. If this hasn't been your experience, then you might take a look at the skills you bring to the table.

Your point only applies to low level employees. High level employees are expected to look at their options and they often get into bidding wars because of their rare skills. If this hasn't been your experience, then you might take a look at the skills you bring to the table.

Did you experience that when you started a bidding war between Burger King and McDonald's with your expert "Would you like fries with that?" ability.

J/K

High level employees are expected to look at their options and they often get into bidding wars because of their rare skills. If this hasn't been your experience, then you might take a look at the skills you bring to the table.

You are so awesome. I want to be just like you. Will you do me the honor of gracing me with your presence? Will you send your driver to my house so that he can bring me to your mansion (which is lavish, no doubt) so that the two of us can together fawn over your many "Mr. Great Super Wonderful Businessman of the Year" awards together? We can then be served brunch by your maid staff, during which I can ogle your 34DD-23-34 wife and wish how she could be mine. Subsequently, we can watch as your young children together solve the Erdős conjecture on arithmetic progressions on the chalkboard in the den. This heretofore unseen level of intelligence is no doubt due to the wonderful genes that they have inherited from you.

There, is that better? Someone has acknowledged you and your greatness, which you have been fishing for endlessly. Now will you shut the f up about it? Here's a hint - this is a Gophers football message board. Nobody gives a sh*t about you or how great you are. I work alongside people who make more impact in a single day than you ever have or will in your entire lifetime put together, but I'm fairly certain they don't go on sports-themed internet message boards to brag about it.

It is expected that people will consider other options before accepting a job offer. But it is different once an offer has been made and accepted. If you accept an offer, and continue to interview, the prospective employer is going to continue to interview candidates for that job if they get word that you are still interviewing.

I suppose the skillset of having a daddy who can get you into any job you want is a pretty rare skillset.

You are so awesome. I want to be just like you. Will you do me the honor of gracing me with your presence? Will you send your driver to my house so that he can bring me to your mansion (which is lavish, no doubt) so that the two of us can together fawn over your many "Mr. Great Super Wonderful Businessman of the Year" awards together? We can then be served brunch by your maid staff, during which I can ogle your 34DD-23-34 wife and wish how she could be mine. Subsequently, we can watch as your young children together solve the Erdős conjecture on arithmetic progressions on the chalkboard in the den. This heretofore unseen level of intelligence is no doubt due to the wonderful genes that they have inherited from you.

There, is that better? Someone has acknowledged you and your greatness, which you have been fishing for endlessly. Now will you shut the f up about it? Here's a hint - this is a Gophers football message board. Nobody gives a sh*t about you or how great you are. I work alongside people who make more impact in a single day than you ever have or will in your entire lifetime put together, but I'm fairly certain they don't go on sports-themed internet message boards to brag about it.

I would be upset about this post if it mattered.

Likewise - to every single post you've made here, all of which have been equally useless and devoid of any thoughtful content.

Not true at all. Each and every aspect in life and college football can be explained using an analogy of his extensive sales and hiring experience.

Top Bottom