Andre McDonald- Pull His Offer

Did you experience that when you started a bidding war between Burger King and McDonald's with your expert "Would you like fries with that?" ability.

J/K

LOL. Jerking away an offer because the person is still making up their mind is tantamount to having a public tantrum. Then again, suggesting that a 4 star player offer can easily be replaced hasn't calculated out the cost of Coach Kill recruiting, not to mention his staff. If half their year is spent on recruiting, and we are only speaking about 17 scholarships, we are speaking about $30 -40,000 per landed player in salaries alone (assuming a $500,000 in salary paid in the offseason -- a very conservative number. This process is shamelessly expensive. Dropping an offer raises the cost in time and effort. Is this really how you want to spend your coaches time over a tantrum?

This process is shamelessly expensive.

I see. Your solution is to only recruit prospects that are already 100% committed to the U. Why go out of your way to sway a player with options to come to your program? That process is shamelessly expensive.

Average cost of recruiting a hamburger flipper at McD's is approximately $3500 at a minimum. Sasha Corp says the average of 15 studies is $5,505.80 for each successful hire for an $8.00 an hour employee. So, ending the recruitment of a high potential employee over a tantrum would cost Kill at a minimum $5,505.80. It doesn't take a genius to state that it is business should have a say in football recruiting. Coach Kill can do whatever he wants. But, when he starts jerking around top recruits, I would merely advise that he keep his mouth shut and allow these guys come in and sign before we start yelling at them for performance.

I long for glib replies mouthing off about how football is soooooo unique in the world and how this can not be compared to the outside world.

I see. Your solution is to only recruit prospects that are already 100% committed to the U. Why go out of your way to sway a player with options to come to your program? That process is shamelessly expensive.

I believe I had exactly the opposite argument. But, if that is what rocks your world...

I believe I had exactly the opposite argument. But, if that is what rocks your world...

Then you didn't read it very closely. You stated in post #61 that the cost of recruiting a player is "about $30 -40,000 per landed player in salaries alone". So, if you're only concerned about the above the line "cost" of the "shamelessly expensive" proposition of recruiting a player, it would logically follow to only contact prospective players that are interested in no other schools than the U, No? Why waste that recruiting budget? Why allocate any monies to research and development for new drugs (since the pharaceutical industry seems to be your basis for everything)?

Then you didn't read it very closely. You stated in post #61 that the cost of recruiting a player is "about $30 -40,000 per landed player in salaries alone". So, if you're only concerned about the above the line "cost" of the "shamelessly expensive" proposition of recruiting a player, it would logically follow to only contact prospective players that are interested in no other schools than the U, No? Why waste that recruiting budget? Why allocate any monies to research and development for new drugs (since the pharaceutical industry seems to be your basis for everything)?

Pharmaceutical industry? That's a non-starter...

Pharmaceutical industry? That's a non-starter...

Why is that a non-starter? Didn't you say that you had some incredible sales of a new drug when it came out? Probably Lipitor or Plavix or something else a well trained monkey could have sold at it's debut.

Holy Jesus Martha, what a crock of $hit this thread has become.

Help them out Dr Don. Start refereeing this pissing match.

I would spackler, but I have retired from the position of "head referee" of pissing matches. However, being a retired proctologist, I know a crock of $hit when I see it.

Holy Jesus Martha, what a crock of $hit this thread has become.

Holy smokes are you right....I think it's time to give up on this one

P.S. Your recipe for grilled carp made me laugh out loud. That was pretty good! :clap:

I know what would make this thread complete - a thorough description of how if Mason were still coach he would have pulled the offer because he was a great coach and would have coached someone else up. Or if Brewster were still coach he was such a great recruiter that McDonald would never have thought twice about not committing. Then both sides can argue about how the other was wrong. Yeah, that'd be awesome!!!

OP, I understand your frustration, but this team needs talent, especially at WR. And to those who don't think talent wins games, then explain how tOSU, the highest star ranked team in the B1G was at least part B1G champ for what, 10 years in a row or something like that (too lazy to look it up)?

Besides, we don't know what the conversation was between McDonald and Kill. And if nothing else, maybe McDonald distracting Ferentz causes another recruit to not sign with Iowa. Could be a Win-Win!!!

Top Bottom