Andre Ingram

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Just wanted to give some credit to Andre Ingram. Really been working his a$$ off. With Rodney and Eliason in foul trouble this could be a much tigher game if it wasn't for him stepping up.

Best game of his career and it isn't close.
Maybe he should have tried to play in the Acc.

8 points, 6 rebounds (3 offensive). Very efficient and did everything we could have asked for. Great game for Ingram.

Makes me sad that a hard worker like this is the likely cut if Trevor comes back.

Ingram had a very Dennis Rodman like contribution tonight. Lots of good defense and rebounding, a few blocked shots and some dunks. If he could do that on a regular basis we'd be set in the front court next year, even if Trevor can't come back.

It was like somebody turned the light on for him. He had two early turnovers and then played like gangbusters.

Great game by Mr. Ingram tonight! You have to be happy for a kid who has stuck it out all season with minimal minutes and is now contributing at the end of the year.

A great game by Andre. Showed explosive dunks never seen before. What is the rule on cutting scholarship players? It would be great to dump Mav and Chip and sign the juco Thomas or Philip Nolan.

A great game by Andre. Showed explosive dunks never seen before. What is the rule on cutting scholarship players? It would be great to dump Mav and Chip and sign the juco Thomas or Philip Nolan.
I don't think we should get rid of Mav. Need 3 PGs

I don't think we should get rid of Mav. Need 3 PGs

Honestly, I'd rather have Austin fill in as the 3rd PG than Mav, I think Austin has the handles to do it. He'd at least not be any worse than Mav. Plus this Thomas guy could play some PG too.

Honestly, I'd rather have Austin fill in as the 3rd PG than Mav, I think Austin has the handles to do it. He'd at least not be any worse than Mav. Plus this Thomas guy could play some PG too.

You can't be serious thinking that Austin could play pg? But back to Andre! Great game. Had a really rough start, but he then could do little wrong.

Not bad for the 12th guy on the bench! Ingram played tough & within himself, he knew his role & executed it. Behind Rodney, EE, Oto & Walker (I don't expect Trevor back) they have the makings of a damn solid front court.

Like Ingram, Mav is an insurance policy next year in case either Dre or Welch flunk out, transfer, get injured, quit, etc. + he's in line to be the #2 PG as a SR after Welch leaves. Hopefully Freshman Tyus Jones backs up Dre as a Senior :)

Chip seems to be odd man out with Coleman leapfrogging him & that's crazy to me that an ATHLETIC player who was team MVP 3-4 times this year + 6th man of the game a couple-few times, who's still an UNDERCLASSMAN can be dismissed so easily. Seems like a guy you'd want to keep around & COACH into becoming a good player.

Not bad for the 12th guy on the bench! Ingram played tough & within himself, he knew his role & executed it. Behind Rodney, EE, Oto & Walker (I don't expect Trevor back) they have the makings of a damn solid front court.

Like Ingram, Mav is an insurance policy next year in case either Dre or Welch flunk out, transfer, get injured, quit, etc. + he's in line to be the #2 PG as a SR after Welch leaves. Hopefully Freshman Tyus Jones backs up Dre as a Senior :)

Chip seems to be odd man out with Coleman leapfrogging him & that's crazy to me that an ATHLETIC player who was team MVP 3-4 times this year + 6th man of the game a couple-few times, who's still an UNDERCLASSMAN can be dismissed so easily. Seems like a guy you'd want to keep around & COACH into becoming a good player.

+1

Geez, let the roster questions shake out how they may... you don't need to solve the 2012-13 scholarship situation tonight...

...Ingram did some great things against Miami and I think it's important to remember the guy has had injury issues. Hard working kid that came through when he was needed. Good job tonight, Andre... keep grindin.

Props to Ingram for being #10 on ESPN's top 10 plays! At least on the 7am version of Sportscenter. Coleman was on there too.

Geez, let the roster questions shake out how they may... you don't need to solve the 2012-13 scholarship situation tonight...

...Ingram did some great things against Miami and I think it's important to remember the guy has had injury issues. Hard working kid that came through when he was needed. Good job tonight, Andre... keep grindin.

Its amazing how many here assume there will automatically be transfers. Plus putting that status on particular player(s) is a bit presumptious.

These kids were all asked to come to the UM, play basketball and work towards a degree so it wouldn't upset me if they all stayed and received their diploma. Blatantly discarding them just because they are not the best basketball players or lack skills is a cold and calloused approach.

The program could use some continuity rather than continue to add to the revolving door syndrome. A "Transfer U" label does no one any good.

Its amazing how many here assume there will automatically be transfers. Plus putting that status on particular player(s) is a bit presumptious.

These kids were all asked to come to the UM, play basketball and work towards a degree so it wouldn't upset me if they all stayed and received their diploma. Blatantly discarding them just because they are not the best basketball players or lack skills is a cold and calloused approach.

The program could use some continuity rather than continue to add to the revolving door syndrome. A "Transfer U" label does no one any good.
I only said it because I was thinking about Trevor coming back. They play the same position but Trevor is considered a star, Ingram is not, that is why I said Ingram is the likely transfer if Trevor comes back. I do not wish for transfers without a vialbe reason, such as Trevor coming back. I was not blatantly discarding him, I was considering the most logical option if Trevor comes back.

Tyus jones will never ever be a backup at any college much less the Gophers!!

Tyus jones will never ever be a backup at any college much less the Gophers!!

Yeah they'd have a Tyus Jones & Andre Hollins backcourt... Could you imagine? Wow. If the Gophers somehow can get Jones and Vaughn, Tubby would turn into a legend just for that.

Jones, Hollins, Vaughn backcourt.

Both would start. I think Tyus would take point, and Dre and Coleman would be the wings.

I only said it because I was thinking about Trevor coming back. They play the same position but Trevor is considered a star, Ingram is not, that is why I said Ingram is the likely transfer if Trevor comes back. I do not wish for transfers without a vialbe reason, such as Trevor coming back. I was not blatantly discarding him, I was considering the most logical option if Trevor comes back.

I'm not leaning on you Zam. GH has been full of posters saying that this one is not good enough, or that one is terrible , the other one is not BIG quality. etc. Constant throwing these young men under the bus and ready to discard them like a worn out pair of shoes. Now all of a sudden young Mr. Ingram shows up and people now think he is worthy of being a Gopher! I am guessing these guys have been busting it all year, doing what is expected of them, have been in good standing, have done their best to ready themselves when called on and are doing their part to represent the UM..

People should remember that these kids are likely here for other reasons than putting up big numbers on the court and making the ESPN Top Ten highlights.

I see it as we need 3 PGs but Trevor and Ingram play the same spot.

Even if Trevor gets a sixth year we don't know if he will be 100% or ready to go when the season starts, could be a month or two into the season before he is ready. Marcus said he has been coming on in practice and this game finally showed his value and a preview of what he could bring in his senior season.

Top Bottom