Andre Hollins vs Iowa

Reaction score
After a quick browse of the recent postings I found mostly negative things, so I decided to give a minute of praise to Andre Hollins...

He had a below average shooting game but there were two things that stood out for me.

1. 8 assists to 1 turnover. A LOT of people have commented about his inability to be a true PG, 8:1 is phenomenal.

2. Nailed two HUGE FT's with 3.5 seconds left.

Andre... I wanted to acknowledge your great play today in these darkest of times (please note the sarcasm).. THANK YOU!!!

And his one to was just a dumb brain fart, if I can recall correctly, and I like that a lot better than some of his to which have been "technical errors" which makes me believe he is improving.

Absolutely. He played a pretty solid game, even though his shots weren't all falling.

After a quick browse of the recent postings I found mostly negative things, so I decided to give a minute of praise to Andre Hollins...

He had a below average shooting game but there were two things that stood out for me.

1. 8 assists to 1 turnover. A LOT of people have commented about his inability to be a true PG, 8:1 is phenomenal.

2. Nailed two HUGE FT's with 3.5 seconds left.

Andre... I wanted to acknowledge your great play today in these darkest of times (please note the sarcasm).. THANK YOU!!!

And still learning/maturing/getting better.

Plus he had a great rebound/put back/rebound/foul series near the end that shows he is not afraid to go inside with the big guys. Grat hustle play.

And still learning/maturing/getting better.

Came back nicely from getting whacked on a screen early in the second half as well. He was visibly shaken as he cluthced his side in the next sequence, but he didn't give up. He is not only playing through tough shooting, but he is showing physical and mental toughness. He is the leader we need.

Was absolutely thrilled that he knew his shot wasn't falling so he mucked it up down low and got the ball to his teammates in position to score. Probably his best game for the Gophers in everything but scoring.

Top Bottom