Andre Hollins 2013/14 Stats?

Reaction score
Will these be Dre Hollins' line for his junior season:

18.9 PPG
47% FG%
41% 3P FG%
84% FT%
31+ MPG

Maybe I'm selling him short, but that was Voshon Lenard's line his junior season for our Gophers, and Dre is reminding me more and more of that kind of go to clutch player. Keep it going Dre!

Based on last season's stats, Ken Pomeroy's algorithm spits out these comparisons:
Similar: '09 Jimmer Fredette (902), '10 Shelvin Mack (896), '10 Isaiah Thomas (890), '09 Chris Wright (887), '08 Scottie Reynolds (885)

Before tonight, he matched up with these fellas:
Similar: '14 Ryan Harrow (854), '12 Michael Dixon (848), '11 Jordan Taylor (847), '12 Isaiah Canaan (842), '11 Isaiah Thomas (833)

Not bad. Not bad at all.

18.9 PPG
47% FG%
41% 3P FG%
84% FT%
31+ MPG

Maybe I'm selling him short, but that was Voshon Lenard's line his junior season for our Gophers, and Dre is reminding me more and more of that kind of go to clutch player. Keep it going Dre!

Actually I think his stats will be pretty close to that. Not sure if he'll hit that 47% though. Like we saw tonight and last year Andre often has to create offense by himself and take tough shots since we don't really have another option to do so.

Andre will average more minutes. Had 37 tonight. Coach said after game he would like to have him play 35-37 mins.

That's good to hear you allow your best player to remain on the floor as long as possible rather than the unjustified line changes as Tubby reflexively executed.

Those will likely come back to earth in B1G play.

He can put up 20+ on any team in the country on any given night, he has proven that. Last year he was a little bit inconsistent from game to game, but I expect him to be much more consistent scoring the basketball this year. I think he can easily average 18+ this year.

Those will likely come back to earth in B1G play.

From last year:

10.45 - Andre's average against non-marquee (not ranked at the time) non-conference opponents
16.61 - Andre's average against B1G and top-25 opponents

Considering the increase in minutes, style of play, and the coach telling him 'go get yours' - I don't think scoring 18.9 a game in conference is going to be a problem. I could be wrong, but I think he's going to be the highest scoring average Gopher in a while.

18.9 PPG
47% FG%
41% 3P FG%
84% FT%
31+ MPG

Dude those are really, really good numbers. If you're "selling him short," we're in for an all big ten first team performance.

I would guess somewhere around-

16.3 PPG
44% FG%
39 3P FG%
88% FT%
4.0 APG
3.0 RPG

Andre had much more of a surrounding cast last season, whereas this season it's pretty much him or bust. So of course, he's gonna score more consistently. I really don't see the need in taking pot shots at Tubby...without whom, he wouldn't even be here.

With him moving to the 2 and having a higher emphasis on scoring, I could see him continuing to score right around 20 a night.

I hope. I just as easily could see Big 10 teams figuring out a way to stop him and allow others to beat them... I hope I'm wrong, but he's a machine right now, and that is usually difficult to sustain against teams that have scouted you longer than 5 days.

FYI, Lenard's principal offense threat relief options were PF gold toothed Randy Carter and fine PG Ariel McDonald. The supporting cast after that was pretty inconsistent, that is, a team developing but in that Eason lacking scoring depth. Sound familiar?

If Andre Hollins has a good year he has a chance to be in the top 10 in scoring in Gophers history after this season.

Also, noticed that there are just four Gophers to ever have 1,000 points and 300 assists: Ariel McDonald, Marc Wilson, Melvin Newbern, and Kevin Lynch. It's highly unlikely, but it is possible that both Austin and Andre Hollins could reach that mark this season. Andre would need to get 117 assists (he had 116 last year) to get to 300. Austin would need 98 assists (he had 87 last year).

If Andre Hollins has a good year he has a chance to be in the top 10 in scoring in Gophers history after this season.

Also, noticed that there are just four Gophers to ever have 1,000 points and 300 assists: Ariel McDonald, Marc Wilson, Melvin Newbern, and Kevin Lynch. It's highly unlikely, but it is possible that both Austin and Andre Hollins could reach that mark this season. Andre would need to get 117 assists (he had 116 last year) to get to 300. Austin would need 98 assists (he had 87 last year).

Lets say Andre averages 18 ppg over the next two seasons and we average 35 games per season. That is 1260 points over the next two seasons. Add that to his freshman and sophomore seasons, that is 2080 points. That would make him the Gophers all-time leading scorer. Obviously there are plenty of variables, but it is realistic he could be our programs all-time leading scorer.

Reusse said yesterday that Andre will turn pro after this season.

That one surprised me.

Dre's a great student 1.5 years from his well deserved degree. I don't think he's that short sighted Patrick if you want to play the sheer speculation game.

Dre's a great student 1.5 years from his well deserved degree. I don't think he's that short sighted Patrick if you want to play the sheer speculation game.

Do we know how far he is from his degree? Don't many players take summer classes (I know he did that study abroad in Italy with EE during this summer, but has he taken more summer classes)? I wouldn't be surprised if he graduated early and started taking grad-level classes.

Point well taken; he shouldn't be in a hurry to reach for an NBA draft slot. Many terrific college guards 6'1"/2" not drafted. I have to think he realizes that. Hedge your bets and get the degree(s).

Point well taken; he shouldn't be in a hurry to reach for an NBA draft slot. Many terrific college guards 6'1"/2" not drafted. I have to think he realizes that. Hedge your bets and get the degree(s).

And next years draft is going to be loaded with talent, it would be wise for Dre to wait until 2015 and continue to develop his PG skills.

Oh, 100% agreed. Dre is a fantastic college talent; but like many others, I'm not convinced he'll translate well to the NBA.

Looks like Adrien Payne won the BT Player of the Week award. I thought Hollins had a good shot to win it. Payne averaged 20 ppg 7rpg 2 bpg. Andre averaged 25ppg 5rpg 2.5apg. Not a huge deal but it's always nice when our players get recognition for their efforts.

Looks like Adrien Payne won the BT Player of the Week award. I thought Hollins had a good shot to win it. Payne averaged 20 ppg 7rpg 2 bpg. Andre averaged 25ppg 5rpg 2.5apg. Not a huge deal but it's always nice when our players get recognition for their efforts.

They knocked off the #1 team in the country so I'm sure that was the major factor in picking Payne.

They knocked off the #1 team in the country so I'm sure that was the major factor in picking Payne.

Yeah but it's not like Adrien dominated that game. He only scored 15 against Kentucky. They also struggled against Columbia, who is probably a worse team than Montana. Just sayin, it would have been nice to see Andre get recognized.

Yeah but it's not like Adrien dominated that game. He only scored 15 against Kentucky. They also struggled against Columbia, who is probably a worse team than Montana. Just sayin, it would have been nice to see Andre get recognized.

Hard to get recognized when no one can see the games. Just sayin.

Andre will get his share of Player of the week's this year. My assumption is that any major upset the gophers have this year will be a result of Andre having a huge game like memphis last year

Dude those are really, really good numbers. If you're "selling him short," we're in for an all big ten first team performance.

I would guess somewhere around-

16.3 PPG
44% FG%
39 3P FG%
88% FT%
4.0 APG
3.0 RPG

He'll average more than 16.3 ppg this year.... I'd say 20.7 (just a guess on the exact number). He plays great against top level talent, look at UCLA & Florida from last year (his last two games). And I do think he can be 1st team. May be tough to beat out all but one of Garry Harris, Keith Appling, Tim Frazier (and maybe even DJ Newbill), Yogi Ferrell & Nik Stauskas (Drew Crawford may not have a chance because his team appears to be terrible) among others, but I really think Dre can do it, call me crazy!

Dre

GopherDude,

I am not following your all conference list to well. Preseason first team picked by the medai:
Craft, Harris, Robinson, Payne, and McGary.
2nd team:
Appling, Frazier, Marble, Dekker, Ross.
3rd team:
Ferrell, DRE, Sheehy/Dawson tie, A. White, and AJ Hammons.

He would have to beat out Craft or Harris in this scenario? Harris on a for sure top 5 team, and Craft on a top 10 team. Hard but possible. Burke led the big ten in scoring at 20.2 per game last year.

He'll average more than 16.3 ppg this year.... I'd say 20.7 (just a guess on the exact number). He plays great against top level talent, look at UCLA & Florida from last year (his last two games). And I do think he can be 1st team. May be tough to beat out all but one of Garry Harris, Keith Appling, Tim Frazier (and maybe even DJ Newbill), Yogi Ferrell & Nik Stauskas (Drew Crawford may not have a chance because his team appears to be terrible) among others, but I really think Dre can do it, call me crazy!

Top Bottom