Anders Broman

BuckyGopher

Reaction score
Hello all, wondering if U of M is looking at this kid at all? I know he plays against bad opponents but he has put up some huge numbers. I looked at his yahoo sports profile and it says that there are a ton of D1 schools with "medium" interest but no Gophers. Is he just another player from MN to put up huge numbers but not D1 material ala Cody Schilling or Cash Eggleston.?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Anders-Broman-137221

ps - saw his youtube highlights, seems decent but it is hard to tell from highlight videos. However he appears to be not that athletic and shorter for a SG in the B10 level.

I thought I heard somewhere that he had an offer from Northwestern.. or really high interest anyways. But doesn't see to be on the Rivals page. Really would remind me of a typical NU guard much like Craig Moore.

How does he have 700,000 views on YouTube wtf!

tubby has brought in worse guard prospects than anders give the MN kid the benefit of the doubt before recruiting marginal outstate kids

Tubby is watching Nick Fuller in the NY2LA tourney in Milwaukee this weekend according to reports. The guy is the 3rd or 4th option on his AAU team--can't we aim a little higher?

@tsnmike: If there's a better shooter in 2013 class than Anders Broman of Duluth, someone point him out to me, please. If only he were taller than 6-2

No player has added more offesive value to HP in EYBL games than Broman.

Am I correct that the problem here is that Anders is an undersized 2? If so, he would be a great shot of instant O off the bench but a liability on D, especially for teams with tall NBA prospect 2 guards.

Imagine him at 6-1 or 6-2 versus an Evan Turner type guard. Anyone know if he can score against taller, athletic guards? That was kinda a problem with the Hoff too.

Anyone know if he can score against taller, athletic guards? That was kinda a problem with the Hoff too.

Haven't seen him play at the AAU level so I wouldn't know there. When he is playing in high school (against the smaller schools LCA plays) the kids that guard him are either smaller and quick but give up the jumper or taller (6'1"-6'3") and slow and get left in the dust. Although he did had a great game against Duluth East last year - I am guessing he had a pretty good defender or two on him there.

Tweet this morning from Dave Telep:

"@davetelep: Anders Broman is loose. Smoking 3s. Could be a Shootout with Matt Jones looming #eybl"

Go Gophers!!

The kid can shoot, have watched him do shooting drills and have never seen anything like it. He played well against East who had a couple low D1 level guys with speed who could match up size and speed wise and had a great performance. In fact they could have beat East who had much deeper talent and could double Broman. I suspect this will be a miss that the Gophers will regret like the great guard who played for NDSU and took them to the tourney a few years back. The gophs and many teams just don't think an undersized white guard from Minnesota can do it

[ Although he did had a great game against Duluth East last year - I am guessing he had a pretty good defender or two on him there.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you never watched Duluth East play. Maybe with a new coach they'll actually try to guard somebody. I was at the game when Broman played against them. It was exciting, but the effort on defense from both sides was atrocious.

Apparently you never watched Duluth East play. Maybe with a new coach they'll actually try to guard somebody. I was at the game when Broman played against them. It was exciting, but the effort on defense from both sides was atrocious.

What I was getting at there was that, even if they didn't play as stellar of D on him as needed and regardless of how good East is for a given season, whoever defends him in that game is immediately going to be leagues ahead of the athletes on the smaller generally Christian schools (in terms of size, speed, strength) that they play and blow out of the water in northern MN on a regular basis. But who knows - I didn't see the game. What a waste of speed and athleticism if they were too lazy to actually play some D.

Would his defense keep him off the court in the B1G, it sounds like the guy can flat out score, it will be interesting to see who gets interested, I would hate to see him go to someplace like Nebraska and continue it against the Gophers.

Can you say Jake Sullivan? If you can score,you can get on the court. Defense isn't all length and blazing quickness.

There are much worse things than using the last scholarship on a guy with in the gym range.

Offer him already. He can do one thing well, THE most important thing in the game of basketball: Put the ball in the goal. I'd like to take a guy who already does something well, as opposed to a bunch of guys who might someday do something well. Hollins drives, kicks to....See where I'm going?

Broman's athleticism (or lack thereof) will hamper his recruitment. He will struggle to defend guards at the high major level. He can shoot it, and his basketball IQ is off the charts, but I'm not sure he's an impact player in the Big 10. It also helps that's he's playing with another guy with an off the charts basketball IQ that just so happens to be the best point guard in the country. All in all, he's better than I thought he would be but still not a guy the Gophers should offer, IMO.

It also helps that's he's playing with another guy with an off the charts basketball IQ that just so happens to be the best point guard in the country.

You do have to wonder if he is ever making his own shot at the Peach Jam or if he is just setting up on the the 3-pt arch and Tyus is serving him the ball on a silver platter. In the two games I've seen the stats for, he's taken all threes except going a combined 1-3 elsewhere. (6-11 3pt and 5-10 3 pt). Seems like he is hesitant to get anywhere close to the basket against bigger competition.

rychart45 said:
Broman's athleticism (or lack thereof) will hamper his recruitment. He will struggle to defend guards at the high major level. He can shoot it, and his basketball IQ is off the charts, but I'm not sure he's an impact player in the Big 10. It also helps that's he's playing with another guy with an off the charts basketball IQ that just so happens to be the best point guard in the country. All in all, he's better than I thought he would be but still not a guy the Gophers should offer, IMO.

Wouldn't this have been the same knock against Hoff? But he seemed to turn out ok.

Hoff was 2-3 inches taller. But I wouldn't mind seeing Broman get a shot either with 4 scholarships to give.

Hoff was 2-3 inches taller. But I wouldn't mind seeing Broman get a shot either with 4 scholarships to give.

I thought they might bank at least one scholarship for the following year when there is more talent in the state.

Top Bottom