Amir Coffey getting more PT

Amir with an efficient 18-5-7 to help lead the Clippers back in a win over the Nuggets. Hopefully he can keep it rolling and earn a contract this offseason that gives him some comfort.

Amir with an efficient 18-5-7 to help lead the Clippers back in a win over the Nuggets. Hopefully he can keep it rolling and earn a contract this offseason that gives him some comfort.
Also had 4 steals. Don't follow the NBA and Clippers close enough to know how much of this recent uptick in minutes and scoring is due to injuries to key players, but got to think he is turning some heads with his play right now.

Hopefully he can prove he is capable of being a regular piece of a teams rotation and maybe even a starter.

Love his trajectory and in hindsight he was probably right to walk away from another year of Pitino. I didn't like the decision as a Gopher fan but Coffey made the correct one.

I watched about half of the Denver game which he played 31 minutes, scored 8 points and had 3 boards. He took one shot which was a 3 which he made.

This is not a knock of Coffey, but he seldom touched the ball and basically was a non factor in their offense. He didn't hurt their D and it appeared as he was likely guarding his counterpart. But that's what he is paid to do. Maybe he played a larger part in other games, but I'm not interested in checking them out.

The NBA is not a team game and features the stars. Not the kind of hoops I enjoy. Best wishes to Amir going forward.

ttps://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2022/01/21/amir-coffey-unexpected-evolution/amp/

Nice article about Amir’s recent play.

4-10 tonight with 12 points. Made a midrange pullup with less than 40 seconds left in the game to give the Clippers a three point lead...100-97. Ended up winning the game 102-101.

Amir played the most minutes out of any Clipper (37 mins) with a +/- of +15. That means they were -14 on the 11 mins he didn’t play - pretty impressive.
He is definitely making the most of the opportunity he is getting right now. Hopefully it plays out in him getting a full contract with the Clippers or someone else next year and getting out of the 2-way deals he has been under the past few years.

He is definitely making the most of the opportunity he is getting right now. Hopefully it plays out in him getting a full contract with the Clippers or someone else next year and getting out of the 2-way deals he has been under the past few years.
I think he’s definitely playing his way into a roster spot somewhere. That’s awesome, especially considering how inconsistent his performance and playing time were in his rookie year.

I think he’s definitely playing his way into a roster spot somewhere. That’s awesome, especially considering how inconsistent his performance and playing time were in his rookie year.
Yep, always good to see former players having success in the pro ranks. Good for the player and the program.

Been averaging 32.5 min, 14.4pts, 4 boards, 47%FG and 38% from 3 the past ten games

Game
MinPtsFG3ptRebAstStlBlk
Jan 28
@
Heat
32155-112-63000
Jan 26
@
Magic
34195-123-66510
Jan 25
@
Wizards
372910-213-95121
Jan 23
@
Knicks
1821-30-20100
Jan 21
@
76ers
34124-102-73000
Jan 19
@
Nuggets
3183-62-54320
Jan 17
vs
Pacers
36166-103-63711
Jan 15
@
Spurs
32207-134-85111
Jan 13
@
Pelicans
2652-71-46510
Jan 11
vs
Nuggets
43186-113-75740
Regular Season21.48.145.438.23.01.60.50.2

Coffey won't be traded at the deadline, too good value. They probably wouldn't take a 2nd for him

That announcer kept calling him "the brewmaster." Not sure about that one.

On another note, his shot is looking cleaner than I remember in college.

That announcer kept calling him "the brewmaster." Not sure about that one.

On another note, his shot is looking cleaner than I remember in college.
His coach now isn’t asking him to play out of position

Top Bottom