Amir Coffey getting more PT

GopherNuts

Reaction score
Amir with an efficient 18-5-7 to help lead the Clippers back in a win over the Nuggets. Hopefully he can keep it rolling and earn a contract this offseason that gives him some comfort.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Amir with an efficient 18-5-7 to help lead the Clippers back in a win over the Nuggets. Hopefully he can keep it rolling and earn a contract this offseason that gives him some comfort.
Also had 4 steals. Don't follow the NBA and Clippers close enough to know how much of this recent uptick in minutes and scoring is due to injuries to key players, but got to think he is turning some heads with his play right now.

Hopefully he can prove he is capable of being a regular piece of a teams rotation and maybe even a starter.

Reaction score
Love his trajectory and in hindsight he was probably right to walk away from another year of Pitino. I didn't like the decision as a Gopher fan but Coffey made the correct one.

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
I watched about half of the Denver game which he played 31 minutes, scored 8 points and had 3 boards. He took one shot which was a 3 which he made.

This is not a knock of Coffey, but he seldom touched the ball and basically was a non factor in their offense. He didn't hurt their D and it appeared as he was likely guarding his counterpart. But that's what he is paid to do. Maybe he played a larger part in other games, but I'm not interested in checking them out.

The NBA is not a team game and features the stars. Not the kind of hoops I enjoy. Best wishes to Amir going forward.

GopherCountry

Reaction score
ttps://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2022/01/21/amir-coffey-unexpected-evolution/amp/

Nice article about Amir’s recent play.

stocker08

Reaction score
4-10 tonight with 12 points. Made a midrange pullup with less than 40 seconds left in the game to give the Clippers a three point lead...100-97. Ended up winning the game 102-101.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Amir played the most minutes out of any Clipper (37 mins) with a +/- of +15. That means they were -14 on the 11 mins he didn’t play - pretty impressive.
He is definitely making the most of the opportunity he is getting right now. Hopefully it plays out in him getting a full contract with the Clippers or someone else next year and getting out of the 2-way deals he has been under the past few years.

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
He is definitely making the most of the opportunity he is getting right now. Hopefully it plays out in him getting a full contract with the Clippers or someone else next year and getting out of the 2-way deals he has been under the past few years.
I think he’s definitely playing his way into a roster spot somewhere. That’s awesome, especially considering how inconsistent his performance and playing time were in his rookie year.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
I think he’s definitely playing his way into a roster spot somewhere. That’s awesome, especially considering how inconsistent his performance and playing time were in his rookie year.
Yep, always good to see former players having success in the pro ranks. Good for the player and the program.

Top Bottom